A World Class product in a miserable environment

Ziga Cernivec

Ziga Cernivec

In 3 years of usage, aprx. 1300h spent, I can say I've enjoyed every single second in your VC. What you guys created within last few years, set flight simming on a whole new level. You set new level of professionalism in world of virtual aviation. You created a product, on which many, today RL 320 TR holders, begun to learn on. A product, on which some existing 320 TR holders practice before their LPC/OPCs. And with every new update, you surprise. If you tell us to wait 2 more years for the skarks or whatever next upgrade will bring us, we will wait - that's a loyalty, which was established in-between you guys, and your fanbase - and you never dissapoint. 

Every cent, spent on your product line, is worth it. Taking into account the level of work, details, complexity,... realism, afterall, the price could fairly be twice higher and still reasonable. And that's written by a passionate simmer (and pilot), who has been simming since FS98 days. I've gone through whole process. 

Unalike you, the environment in which we have to use your product, keeps disappointing us. With every new update, prepar3d goes downwards imho. They praised their EA thing back in spring, with all those candy-eye screenshots and "slopped rwys"... Tousands spent $$ on their new version... And whats the reality? 

After weeks of tweaking, testing, trying out different hardware/software settings, I came to conclusion, it is a blind alley. And whats the result?;
I tried their fancy EA thing, after they said it is out of "beta".. I'd even disregard all blurry-edges glitches, pixelated autogen, heaviness on vram (as I luckly have 3k€ rig) but hey, I simply can't dismiss the problems like theme changes, wrong weather injections,.. That's the result: https://www.facebook.com/ziga.cernivec/videos/10222882775475443

Ok, so I decided to revert to non-EA clouds... And what do I get? Flickering clouds, regardless what I do; I tried reinstalling whole thing, changing hardware settings (clock), textures changes, looots of things... Still "flashing" or "flickering" or however you wanna call them clouds... Unflyable, as it kill immersion. 2020 and problems from previous versions still not resolved.. 

Regarding slopped rwys, aprox major 2 airports (european ones) managed to implement it within 7 months..

Folks keep reverting to previous versions, 4.5 and below.. is that normal? 80% of posts on fb groups is regarding problems, glitches, CTDs... Rare posts of something positive, like a decent screenshots,.. 

Only (possible) positive thing from them within last years, might be system stability - but hey, still get kernelbase,uctr,ntdll and other .dlls faults.. With decent rig under table and settings not even maxed out! 

And on the other side, I check these awesome videos of MSFS... What a platform... What a realism,.. No re-shades or presets needed, no color corrections, no weather textures... Only AI traffic, airports (although defaults are not that bad at all), maybe GSX and... well... You, guys... I think your fanbase area can spread at least twice the current one, once you make it compatible with that platform.. As a passionate pilot and simmer, I hope, this dream comes to reality one day... 

Labs, thanks for everything. Keep on great work, as opposed to some others...

• Like 10
Ross McDonagh

Here here!   Every time I fly a different aircraft and have to switch applications to check weather, get ATIS or run performance numbers, I sit there and wonder why other developers haven’t implemented these features more fully.   

Andrew Wilson
14 hours ago, Ross McDonagh said:

I sit there and wonder why other developers haven’t implemented these features more fully.   

There's a lot of work under the hood to make these features happen. 

@Ziga Cernivec - Thank you for your kind comments. When we read a post from a customer who enjoys our work, we've reached our goal - and all the hours/days/weeks/months/years - are worth it.

• Like 9
Ross McDonagh
5 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

There's a lot of work under the hood to make these features happen. 

@Ziga Cernivec - Thank you for your kind comments. When we read a post from a customer who enjoys our work, we've reached our goal - and all the hours/days/weeks/months/years - are worth it.

Andrew you guys have every right to be proud of your product.  The fact that I don’t have to leave the sim once I start (unless I absolutely choose to do so) is literally my favorite feature that keeps me coming back to this Fslabs.   I can’t wait for the next updates and new products! cough A330 cough

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Andrew Wilson
11 minutes ago, Ross McDonagh said:

The fact that I don’t have to leave the sim once I start (unless I absolutely choose to do so) is literally my favorite feature that keeps me coming back to this Fslabs.

Wait until you see the EFB :)

• Like 6
Norman Blackburn
4 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Oh I want to say so so much here! #efbLove

Ross McDonagh
17 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

I’ve got my EFB right here.... I tend not to use internal ones that much except on a certain few Boeings for performance calculations...  It also doubles and turns the flight deck into what I call “Full JetBlue Mode” as you can see in the last pic! 

CB3FEBA6-BED9-42B2-B854-585259C10EDF.jpeg

1514D8CE-39AF-4CD1-9FF6-5EBC4F786244.jpeg

844C778D-9665-41F8-897A-2AD7317CBCFB.png

7 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Oh I want to say so so much here! #efbLove

you can just say it. you could write it in a code with where only you know the cypher.

On 11/17/2020 at 6:12 PM, Koen Meier said:

Are you implying that we might seen an external EFB app that doesn’t cost performance drops?

There needs to be such a thing otherwise we loose time to look at the beautiful Sharklets  :P

• 3 weeks later...
Ziga Cernivec

Oh the EFB and the Sharks. That's gonna be whole new level and we can't wait to start using it!  :)

EFB with its (probable) performance calculator for t/o and landing distances would be such a great thing! And I'm sure, it will be possible to use as current MCDU - via .html link for external use on Ipads... Labs thinks of everything, much ahead of our expectations. You guys never disappoint!

Keep great work and hope this Christmas we get a new mega-gift from ya! 

Cheers 

• Like 1
Ray Proudfoot

For those wanting an external EFB I've been using this one for years in both P3D v3 (Concorde) and v4 (all aircraft). Ideal if you have a spare screen or even a second networked computer.

https://www.aivlasoft.com/

Ivan Melon Lewis
On 11/17/2020 at 3:31 PM, Ross McDonagh said:

cough A330 cough

The day I'll see this announcement, that day I'll simply die of happiness :rolleyes: Can you imagine even better... FSLabs A350???:wub:

• Like 1

Theres no argument about it. You at FlightSim Labs have the best aircraft ever designed. We in the pilot community all know it by heart. You at FlightSim Labs now have no other choice than to develop a Heavy aircraft for us now.  Forget about the A380, that concept was overblown to begin with.  Best bet will be the A350. Do it good, do it right, get together with Skalarki and youll make a ton of money i guarantee it. 

• Like 1
Ross McDonagh
1 hour ago, Ivan Lewis said:

The day I'll see this announcement, that day I'll simply die of happiness :rolleyes: Can you imagine even better... FSLabs A350???:wub:

I’d rather the A330 and a good -200 first.  

9 hours ago, eddmariner said:

Theres no argument about it. You at FlightSim Labs have the best aircraft ever designed. We in the pilot community all know it by heart. You at FlightSim Labs now have no other choice than to develop a Heavy aircraft for us now.  Forget about the A380, that concept was overblown to begin with.  Best bet will be the A350. Do it good, do it right, get together with Skalarki and youll make a ton of money i guarantee it. 

You would be surprised how much closer an a330 is to an a320 in therms of equipment in the flightdeck.

Ivan Melon Lewis
15 hours ago, Ross McDonagh said:

I’d rather the A330 and a good -200 first.

Honestly me too. I truly love the A330. Super elegant lady. I've got very excited with the relatively recent release of the -300 from a popular dev but.... 3 or 4 flights later I've uninstalled the plane. So I'm still here, waiting for a "REAL" A330 for any flight sim.

A330 (-200) would be the logical next FSL bus... and the one the entire flight sim community is desperately waiting for...

• Like 1
Ross McDonagh
5 hours ago, Ivan Melon Lewis said:

Honestly me too. I truly love the A330. Super elegant lady. I've got very excited with the relatively recent release of the -300 from a popular dev but.... 3 or 4 flights later I've uninstalled the plane. So I'm still here, waiting for a "REAL" A330 for any flight sim.

A330 (-200) would be the logical next FSL bus... and the one the entire flight sim community is desperately waiting for...

So very very true.  Even the mobile sims only have the -300

• 2 months later...
On 12/8/2020 at 12:50 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

For those wanting an external EFB I've been using this one for years in both P3D v3 (Concorde) and v4 (all aircraft). Ideal if you have a spare screen or even a second networked computer.

https://www.aivlasoft.com/

I couldn't agree more! I've been using EFB2 since its release and it's brilliant. I have it installed on a networked laptop next to my main monitor. I can't imagine flying without it now! :-)

• Like 1
Ray Proudfoot
1 hour ago, phil highton said:

whats an EFB ?

Electronic Flight Bag. Google Aivlasoft if you want the best available.

• Thanks 1