Live virtual flight from London to NYC with Mike Bannister and Ian Smith Saturday 21st November

Ramón Cutanda

Ramón Cutanda

Live in 63 minutes at the moment of writing!

Here you have the direct Youtube link:

• Thanks 1
Steve Prowse
16 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

I think we’re going to need a good tutorial emoji15.png

Our tutorial is excellent and using the ITVV cd you’re all set....maybe just give the tutorial a bit of a polish :)

Fraser Gale

Have to say it was great to see Ian Smith and his humour again.  Not sure about some of the sim flying though, on departure I was yelling "airspeed, airspeed"!!

Ramón Cutanda
44 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

I think we’re going to need a good tutorial

On August 23th I made an 11-hour tutorial in Spanish in 10 videos with all that I have been learning lately using my latest version of BA manuals (updated up-to May 2003). It was my intention to make another one in English, but I decided to hold it after the announcement of the new Concorde. I will be my pleasure to make as many tutorials as necessary :-)

23 minutes ago, Fraser Gale said:

shame they didn't get to answer any of your questions,

I did not have much hope; but had to try :-) A 24-hour broadcast would not be enough to cover all questions!

Bests,

Fraser Gale
12 minutes ago, Ramón Cutanda said:

On August 23th I made an 11-hour tutorial in Spanish in 10 videos with all that I have been learning lately using my latest version of BA manuals (updated up-to May 2003). It was my intention to make another one in English, but I decided to hold it after the announcement of the new Concorde. I will be my pleasure to make as many tutorials as necessary :-)

I did not have much hope; but had to try :-) A 24-hour broadcast would not be enough to cover all questions!

Bests,

I'm sure there are plenty of us more than willing to help any new pilots but I suspect many will be old hands anyway.

I agree regarding the questions. I'd rather have had the Q & A session without the flight to be honest! Plus, the moderators on these things always pick the same few questions: pilot selection, training, best memories and of course the obligatory "what's the worst thing that happened to you in a Concorde..." - interesting that many of the crews still dodge this question all these years later!  They don't want to dirty the reputation of Concorde with all the issues that did happen and in fact many flights had something go wrong even if it was small - often it could even be ATC in the states causing fuel issues, not necessarily technical. 

• Like 1
Steve Prowse
7 hours ago, Fraser Gale said:

Not sure about some of the sim flying though, on departure I was yelling "airspeed, airspeed"!!

Yeah I guessed you'd be Frazz, so many differences from our version; don't you think?

6 hours ago, Fraser Gale said:

I'd rather have had the Q & A session without the flight to be honest!

I'll agree with that Frazz...or next time use the FSL version with Mike flying.

Fraser Gale
6 hours ago, Steve Prowse said:

Yeah I guessed you'd be Frazz, so many differences from our version; don't you think?

I'll agree with that Frazz...or next time use the FSL version with Mike flying.

He was flying so slowly that a horrid part of me wished someone would stop an engine on him, then he would have been in an interesting position... He was above V2 so should survive a single failure but if you hear any mention of engine trouble on the climb out the first thing you do is get more speed under the wings because if a second one goes, you need to be above 300kts to have a chance, and sometimes ZRCS is higher than that. 

It looks to me like a couple of enthusiasts who don't know as much about the aircraft as they think they do, trying to create a simulation of it.  There's only so much you can excuse by saying it's in development... but I wish them luck with it, after all it is for a completely different platform anyway.  Interestingly, some people who are helping with development keep asking technical questions on a Facebook group I'm in but the questions are quite basic stuff that they really ought to read the manuals first! 

I don't think Mike would want to fly a simulation of something he flew for real for 22 years, but I could be wrong.