UTlive update

phil highton

for all you utlive users ,its been updated to version 2 beta and reading it its now v5 B), hopefully this means i can uninstall v4 now 

• Like 1

Thanks Phil 

Installed it but i thought they would at least update some of the many  liveries even if it is in BETA  but no :wacko:

9 hours ago, Paolo Basta said:

Thanks Phil 

Installed it but i thought they would at least update some of the many  liveries even if it is in BETA  but no :wacko:

Noticed that too. But so far, it's running smoothly. New interface is an improvement but really more interested in how the AI behave.

• Like 1
Ray Proudfoot

Haven't any of you tried Alpha India Group's excellent Ai package? Freeware / Donationware and the best of the lot with 64-bit Ai models and schedules kept up to date (pandemic excluded). I only use UTL in P3D v3 but once a 64-bit Concorde is out for v4 UTL will be history.

https://www.alpha-india.net/2018/11/13/aig-ai-manager-one-click-installer/

• Like 4

UTL with 747s using the first exit.. naa thanks.. Use Ray's link! AIG take care of every single AI flight model, the external models look simply amazing, the sound is really good too and it's still performance friendly and the control surfaces work correctly too. Lol, the Q400 even lifts its spoilers before takeoff :D No idea why people still purchase this terrible AI stuff.

• Like 2
Ray Proudfoot

And to compliment AIG is Ai Companion. You can download here. https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=29651.0

It presents a table of Ai in the simulator but much, much more. It can be run on the same PC as P3D or networked (I wrote the instructions). LIke SuperTrafficBoard but free. The author is a really nice bloke. :)

• Like 2

Ray/Marc I really wished I could AIG, believe me  I tried some time ago when UTL wasn't working, but I guess I just wasn't tech savvy enough to get it working lol:wacko:  

3 minutes ago, phil highton said:

Ray/Marc I really wished I could AIG, believe me  I tried some time ago when UTL wasn't working, but I guess I just wasn't tech savvy enough to get it working lol:wacko:  

Phil there is a one click installer (a few clicks are required lol) that takes care of everything. It runs long, I have to admit, it took 4 hours here to download and install the models and the russian models needed some help sometimes. But all you need to do is go through the manager once and then start the process. Their forum is a great help.

• Like 1
Ray Proudfoot

Phil, Mark has given helpful advice to which I would add you can just install one airline and then check the results. BA and then position yourself at Heathrow and see the difference. You can then add the remaining 650 airlines in slow time. :D

I recently completed a round the world trip and seeing all the different liveries was great. It brought even default airports to life.

It helps to have saved logins for AvSim Library and flightsim.com as the installer gets freeware aircraft from those sites. It’s automatic too once it has your login details.

Always install the parent folder outside your P3D folder. I placed mine on D:\AIG. The support forum is full of helpful people too.

It was Pete Dowson who drew my attention to AIG. I’ve never looked back.

Danny Krautwurst

I always keep P3D and Fslabs as well as the AI, up to date. And was also one of the people who had UT Live back then and never got Ubdates (new paints). UT Live was never finished as planned and now version 2 is coming out as a beta. I think that says everything about the product. Nice that the Powerpack, which was planned for version 1, has now been added to the beta (version2), but the paintings are still totally out of date and the menu is still buggy to fix that. AIG is far better up to date and free. Of course it makes more work and takes more time, but i think noone wants the Wright brothers standing next to you at the terminal ...

I totally agree with all your comments gents and Ray your tempting me to have another go any youtube tutorial vids ?

sadly Ray AIG is not happening for me , probably my fault , x3 times now I have tried lol, just have to stick with UTlive 2 beta for now , its no so bad beats sitting at Heathrow om my lonesome B)

Ray Proudfoot
8 hours ago, phil highton said:

sadly Ray AIG is not happening for me , probably my fault , x3 times now I have tried lol, just have to stick with UTlive 2 beta for now , its no so bad beats sitting at Heathrow om my lonesome B)

Phil, that's a bit vague. How far did you get?

Hi Ray, well AIG manager froze twice when I tried logging in to the 3 forums, I remember this happening on a previous occasion, however that was the least of my problems as I had a BSOD not long after that, not that Iam blaming AIG for that lol, oh and thanks for posting the vid from flightsimmer by the way, I may return to AIG but first need to get my pc stable ASAP :unsure: lol

Ray Proudfoot

Understood Phil, good luck. There is a written tutorial supplied with AIG which may help you once your stability problems are cured.

I'm also open to a TeamViewer session if you're agreeable.

Pascal Wagner
On 11/6/2020 at 4:19 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Haven't any of you tried Alpha India Group's excellent Ai package? Freeware / Donationware and the best of the lot with 64-bit Ai models and schedules kept up to date (pandemic excluded). I only use UTL in P3D v3 but once a 64-bit Concorde is out for v4 UTL will be history.

https://www.alpha-india.net/2018/11/13/aig-ai-manager-one-click-installer/

I heard about AIG, but you need to install every carrier manually. I tried to install it. There are like almost 1000 different AOCs and i didnt found a way to simply select them all and install them. This is an absolute NO WAY for me. Why are all carriers not being installed right away. And turkish airlines is missing. Another NO WAY. Cheers

Pascal Wagner

And. Installing AIG is far to complicated. 

Its NOT a one click installer. By far not. After installation are tooooo maaannnny things still to be done before its running. 

I dont want to waste my time and go through a Forum to know how to install it. It should be simple aig.exe file double click.. swiiiish 100% and finish. Starting the sim and you see all planes, but its not. 

Cheers

Ray Proudfoot
2 minutes ago, Pascal Wagner said:

I heard about AIG, but you need to install every carrier manually. I tried to install it. There are like almost 1000 different AOCs and i didnt found a way to simply select them all and install them. This is an absolute NO WAY for me. Why are all carriers not being installed right away. And turkish airlines is missing. Another NO WAY. Cheers

I have around 660 airlines installed. Took a couple of days. It's not obligatory to install all of them. Just the ones you want. There is an option to select multiple airlines. I guess you missed it. All this for free but you're still complaining? It's by far the most complete Ai package available and requires some effort from the user. So you're prepared to put the effort in to learn the complex A320 but not installing an Ai package. Hmmm.

• Like 1
Pascal Wagner

Ok i know its freeware so i go one step back, but i m pretty sure, if it would be less work, more people would use it. If AIG would become something against some dollars, then the installation process should be way different. Hope this makes sense. 

Ray Proudfoot

@Pascal Wagner, it depends on how important Ai are to you. If I used UT LIve then Thomas Cook, FlyBe, Monarch would still be visible at EGCC Manchester. Those airlines went out of business in the last 12 months. In AIG they can be removed or left. The choice is down to the user.

The whole project is supported by enthusiasts and whilst it's free I made a donation as their servers don't run on fresh air. I flew around the world recently and seeing all the different aircraft and airlines brought even default airports to life.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I have around 660 airlines installed. Took a couple of days. It's not obligatory to install all of them. Just the ones you want. There is an option to select multiple airlines. I guess you missed it. All this for free but you're still complaining? It's by far the most complete Ai package available and requires some effort from the user. So you're prepared to put the effort in to learn the complex A320 but not installing an Ai package. Hmmm.

You are not wrong it’s the best and most complete by far add the aí companion and aí flow and boom watch the magic happen it’s so easy to install and use I don’t really get some people to be fair 

• Like 1

Installing AIG does involve some work, but I find it's really worth it. The models and variety of paints are exquisite and the flightplans are kept relatively current (with the exception of this year for good reason). The way I initially kept the workload reasonable was by installing new airlines only once I decided on a flight. I would only install airlines that fly to the two airports in my plan. I just looked at the Wikipedia articles for the airports in question. Little by little I added more and, within just a few weeks, I had installed most of them. After that it was just a minor job to install the rest. If you break things down into manageable tasks, it becomes much less of a chore. I actually had fun doing this.

Again, two thumbs up for AIG and hats off to those guys!

• Like 1
Ray Proudfoot

@Walter Meier, that's the key. Don't look at the whole picture. Just install in small chunks over many days. Once you understand the concept it really isn't difficult.

Ray Proudfoot

With Berlin Brandenburg now operational all flights into and out of Tegel have now been transferred to the new airport.

This morning, using Ai Companion, I ran a process that changed EDDT to EDDB in the relevant BGL files. 69 airlines had their flight details updated. It took a couple of minutes.

And now Aerosoft Berlin Brandenburg now has all those movements. :D  What other Ai package could be so flexible?

Pascal Wagner

I see the advantanges, but again. I would really really like to have the option to install all carriers in one click. Or at least at the menu, where i can select the carriers to have an opportunity to select multiple ones. I dont know how much time you got for the sim per week, but average people with a normal job and kids dont simply have this time. This should be considered. 

Ray Proudfoot

@Pascal Wagner, there is a multi-select option. A dozen at a time is a reasonable number. Just do 50-80 a day and in less than a week the job’s done.

Did you also expect to learn the complex Airbus in a few hours? When I bought Concorde I read through the tutorial several times before even starting my PC. I’m retired so plenty of time. Just do a little bit each day.

Pascal Wagner

I know. My first add on was the pmdg 737. Then i bought the Aerosoft 320, but was missing the system depth like the 737. Then i was looking for another 320. My Aerosoft experience basically made me an FSL customer. And yes it took me weeks to fly those planes. But respectfully had years of flightsim experience. You remember the A320 sim from Reiner or Rainer Bopf. This was so cool that time. And yes i was single and student. But things have changed. I still love the flightsim and having 2 kids meanwhile. So i do really don't have so much time for my hobbies. I had AIG installed, but i was absolutely not able to find a multiple selection. That was the point I stopped this project. But i was really intending to use AIG. If you could share a link with a video what exactly explains how to do a multiple install would be awesome. Good night. 

Ray Proudfoot

@Pascal Wagner, there is no doubt this hobby suits retirement. When I was working I could only fly at the weekends. Not great. For whatever reason I've never been attracted to the Airbus. I think it's the bland looking instruments. Certainly not the systems or the external appearance which is top-notch by FSL.

I followed the tutorial included with the AIG package. That should be sufficient for you. The key is to select Online - Check Online from the main menu. That will scan the servers for what's available and compare to what you've already selected. Check the status bar bottom right for when that is completed.

Then from Online - Available Online will list all the airlines available to install. Bottom left is 'Multiselection' which allows you to click as many as you wish. From there the process is 90% automatic assuming you have saved logins for AvSim, flightsim.com and AIG. This video should help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4g8RSLlV8g

• Thanks 1
Ray Proudfoot

Crikey, small world. Back in ‘98 I visited a flight sim pal who lived in Apex. Roberts Rd.

Pascal Wagner

In Raleigh? I see, this is like 20 minutes away where i have my actual appartment (close to Garner but its Raleigh). Usually i live close to Atlanta GA. This is awesome. 

@Ray Proudfoothi Ray, from above I  know you are a very experienced AIG user. I also use AIG and like it. now there's a question, some of my country's airlines' flight plans haven't updated for years, which's  exactly important for me. Do you know how to make new flight plan and import into AIG? I know AIG fp's zip file, but the files involved is difficult to build manually, is there some tools for building it? thanks !

Ray Proudfoot

@Vincent Wu, I only install the available plans and have never created my own simply because there has never been the need.  What airlines are you talking about? All of AIGs should be no older than 2018.

The best place to ask about planning is here. https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?board=3.0

15 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Vincent Wu, I only install the available plans and have never created my own simply because there has never been the need.  What airlines are you talking about? All of AIGs should be no older than 2018.

The best place to ask about planning is here. https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?board=3.0

thanks a lot, that's what i need, i will checking the forum. yeah you are right all plans are no older than 2018, but my country's (China) didn't update for 2 years. maybe I'm too strict haha:D, thank you

Ray Proudfoot
6 minutes ago, Vincent Wu said:

thanks a lot, that's what i need, i will checking the forum. yeah you are right all plans are no older than 2018, but my country's (China) didn't update for 2 years. maybe I'm too strict haha:D, thank you

I think you probably are. ;) Other Ai packages probably have even older schedules.