Thrustmaster TCA Throttle Quadrant Setup via FSUIPC (Mainly for different aircraft)

Anthony Eyre

Hey! I'm trying to make my Thrustmaster TCA Throttle my main throttle and I'm struggling to set this thing up... I've not used a throttle with a Reverse Thrust setting in it before so setting up was quite easy before.

Now, I've managed to set up my Throttle 1 & 2 in FSUIPC and then set up the Detent Settings properly in the FSL (Check photo). - But I've then tried to setup my controls in the FSLabs Input commands and they don't seem to work? Such as I try to move the engine starter to CRANK or IGN/START and on the aircraft it doesn't move? Is it set so that when we do it on the Hardware it doesn't do it on the aircraft? Although that would be weird if so... Same again for the Engine Master Switches, they're on, flick them down, nothing... Same as turning them on?

Then when trying to set the controls up in FSUIPC, I can't seem to find anything for;

- Engine Crank Switch

- Engine Start Switch

- Engine Master 1 Switch

- Engine Master 2 Switch

- AutoThrottle 1 Disconnect

- AutoThrottle 2 Disconnect

What have you guys done for this? :)

Screenshot_6.png

Chris Frasure
4 minutes ago, Anthony Eyre said:

Yeah, unfortunately none of that worked for me sadly.

I had problems yesterday too.  I couldn't get my FSUIPC to even detect the throttle so I gave up

CF

4 minutes ago, Chris Frasure said:

I had problems yesterday too.  I couldn't get my FSUIPC to even detect the throttle so I gave up

CF

Sadly not just a plug and play this one :(

I've managed to get FSUIPC to register throttle axis for each engine and that I've set it up in FSL for REV, IDLE, CLB, FLX/MCT & TOGA but the rest is a miss so far, unfortunately. At least with this thread hopefully someone can share some light into the specifics I need.

Chris Frasure
Just now, Anthony Eyre said:

Sadly not just a plug and play this one :(

I've managed to get FSUIPC to register throttle axis for each engine and that I've set it up in FSL for REV, IDLE, CLB, FLX/MCT & TOGA but the rest is a miss so far, unfortunately. At least with this thread hopefully someone can share some light into the specifics I need

Did you see the post about direct vs raw input?  I gave up on FSUIPC and used the P3D settings and it works great now.

CF

1 minute ago, Chris Frasure said:

Did you see the post about direct vs raw input?  I gave up on FSUIPC and used the P3D settings and it works great now.

CF

Yeah, I have set it to Direct rather than before which I had set to RAW.... What settings in P3D have you used? If you could share the ones I need I'd be highly grateful :)

Chris Frasure
2 hours ago, Anthony Eyre said:

Yeah, I have set it to Direct rather than before which I had set to RAW.... What settings in P3D have you used? If you could share the ones I need I'd be highly grateful :)

Someone posted a pretty thorough set up in that thread above.  I copied it.  The only thing that I had to do to get things working correctly was defining the left engine throttle to be the entire throttle axis.  If i assigned engine axises individually in P3D it was all wacky...

• 1 year later...
ANDREY BERESTNEV
On 10/27/2020 at 6:59 PM, Chris Frasure said:

Someone posted a pretty thorough set up in that thread above.  I copied it.  The only thing that I had to do to get things working correctly was defining the left engine throttle to be the entire throttle axis.  If i assigned engine axises individually in P3D it was all wacky...

Hi. Where I can find their thread with settings in fsuipc?