Fslabs performance with ORBX europe OPEN LC in P3DV5 ?

Camille MOUCHEL

Camille MOUCHEL

Hi guys,

Since i upgraded my CPU (10600K@5.0GHz) and lock externally (Rivatuner) at 35FPS, I can maintain like 95% of the time 35FPS stable with the FSLABS on V5 which now a joy to fly as it's so smooth.

As i mainly fly on vatsim and on Western europe (UK to Bucarest + Greece), i was wondering if the ORBX europe LC adds more realism  and mostly does it take a lot of FPS off ? I still have some GPU power available and same for the CPU, but i would like to remain at least at 30 FPS.

i'd love to hear your inputs

EDIT:

Forgot to mention that i have aldo true earth GREAT Britain south+central + UK2000 EGCC, i can still maintain 35 FPS.

i guess that true earth is more fps friendly than the old europe LC ?

3 minutes ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

i was wondering if the ORBX europe LC adds more realism

Yes, definitely. Combined with Global Base Pack, it's everything you need when you fly at cruising altitudes.

3 minutes ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

does it take a lot of FPS off ?

I haven't seen any noticeable influence on performance.

• Like 3
Markus Burkhard
24 minutes ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

i guess that true earth is more fps friendly than the old europe LC ?

It's the other way around. TrueEarth is heavier on performance due to it having a LOT more data to load and render. 

OpenLC is a must for all FTX Global users, it enhances the landscapes considerably with no noticeable FPS impact. I suggest you get OpenLC for every region you fly, if one is available. 

• Like 3
Camille MOUCHEL
1 hour ago, Markus Burkhard said:

It's the other way around. TrueEarth is heavier on performance due to it having a LOT more data to load and render. 

OpenLC is a must for all FTX Global users, it enhances the landscapes considerably with no noticeable FPS impact. I suggest you get OpenLC for every region you fly, if one is available. 

thank you all for you inputs, it's hard to believe that there is almost no FPS lost. Gonna test it tonight

• Like 1

As stated above, True Earth would be more CPU/GPU intensive than OpenLC.  If you have no trouble with True Earth then you would definitely have no trouble with OpenLC.

Cheers,