FS Spotlights not detecting p3dv4.5

Spencer_Hoefer

Spencer_Hoefer

Hello,

I am having an issue getting FS Spotlights to work with p3dv4.5. As you can see from the screenshot it is installed in the sim, but the manager itself is not recognizing that p3d is open. No modifications have been made to my simconnect file and I am not having any issues with other programs that use it (Little Navmap and Active sky). Also my simconnect.cfg is not located in my p3d documents folder, but rather ActiveSky's simconnectfiles sub folder instead. Is this normal I cannot find this file anywhere else on my system?

Screenshot_2.jpg

Lefteris Kalamaras

From the A320-X FAQ:

Q: My A320-X loads with black / blank screens and I see no gear in the external model.

A: If this is a first-time Prepar3D installation, ensure you have installed SimConnect redistributables as well.

A: Check that there is no simconnect.cfg anywhere in the "My Documents" folder configured to only use SimConnect remotely.

A: If you are loading Active Sky from a networked computer (such as a laptop), check that it has SimConnect RTM, SP1 and SP2 installed as well.

Spencer_Hoefer
On 10/24/2020 at 12:20 AM, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

From the A320-X FAQ:

Q: My A320-X loads with black / blank screens and I see no gear in the external model.

A: If this is a first-time Prepar3D installation, ensure you have installed SimConnect redistributables as well.

A: Check that there is no simconnect.cfg anywhere in the "My Documents" folder configured to only use SimConnect remotely.

A: If you are loading Active Sky from a networked computer (such as a laptop), check that it has SimConnect RTM, SP1 and SP2 installed as well.

Simconnect is installed as my other programs that rely on it work correctly. I am not on a networked setup. The only thing that is odd is when I re run the simconnect installer the installer screen disappears half a second after opening. Not sure if this is normal or not.

Lefteris Kalamaras

Did you check that you do not have simconnect.cfg in your My Documents folder or anywhere else and that IF it exists, it's not configured to run SimConnect remotely only?

• 1 month later...
Spencer_Hoefer
On 10/26/2020 at 3:31 AM, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Did you check that you do not have simconnect.cfg in your My Documents folder or anywhere else and that IF it exists, it's not configured to run SimConnect remotely only?

Sorry for the super late response here, but I am now on p3dv5 and the same issue appears here as well. I found 2 simconnect.cfg's installed on my system. One in my ASP3D folder and the other in my p3dv5 SDK folder. I took screenshots of them both and they don't look like they are configured for a remote connection.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Lefteris Kalamaras

Can you please rename them to something else, so they're not found by the system, and then see how that works for you?

Also - can you install all SimConnect versions from your <P3Dv5>\redist folders (all the .msi installers should be run) in case something is missing.

Spencer_Hoefer
16 hours ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Can you please rename them to something else, so they're not found by the system, and then see how that works for you?

Also - can you install all SimConnect versions from your <P3Dv5>\redist folders (all the .msi installers should be run) in case something is missing.

Ok I renamed both .cfg's with a .old suffix to inactivate them, and I also reinstalled all the simconnect.msi's (except the one in the FSX-SP1-RUS folder because it said another version is already installed). Unfortunately I am still seeing the simulator disconnected message when I open the FSL Spotlights Manager.