What is this - alien fire or?

Søren Rasmussen

Søren Rasmussen

Was on a night flight from KDEN to KDFW - closing up on waypoint VKTRY (start of STAR VKTRY2 into KDFW runway 18L) I saw this strange pattern of light dots (either vertical or horizontal - hard to tell).

Anybody experienced a similar issues?

I have ORBX Global Base pack, Global Trees HD, Global Vector and Global OpenLCNorthAmerica installed.

And it is P3D V5 with latest A320 v5.0.1.105.

Søren

fslabs a320_1.jpg

Søren Rasmussen
13 hours ago, Nuno M Pinto said:

I'd move the time preview slider to "day"

I did try, but could see nothing explaining the phenomena.

Will report the issue in the Orbx support forum to see if they have a solution/suggestion. Probably also try the P3D forum.

• Like 1
Søren Rasmussen

I raised the issue in the Orbx Forum, and got the same solution here, but renaming the file to something else than BGL also remove towers and other stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

It indeed seems to be two antenna objects from the Hazards.bgl library so renaming Hazards.bgl to Hazards.bgl.off should do the trick.
Keep in mind though that that'll mean that the other objects in the Hazards library won't show up either so I'd suggest to make a backup, open Hazards.bgl in ModelConverterX and Remove the two tower objects from the library in the Scenery Obects Editor as shown below and re-export the BGL to replace the old one.

image.png.3a1b05b47162c14b6b7cbfb4d366eff2.pngimage.png.121b62044ba955e1cf2476cc9b8c1716.png

Don't forget the backup though. I haven't tried it myself and cannot confirm first hand that it works but I see no reason for it to not work.

Edit: I forgot to mention: the Hazards.bgl is located at [...]\Prepar3D v5\Scenery\Global\scenery

• Like 1
Søren Rasmussen

Hi Sven, thanks for the suggestions but I'll just wait for LM to fix it - it may take some time but it's not a showstopper to me.

Søren Rasmussen
19 hours ago, Sven Sappa said:

ModelConverterX

Which version did you use? I downloaded version 1.3, but have no idea on how to reproduce the data shown in your picture. Can't find the Scenery Objects Editor you mention.

4 hours ago, Søren Rasmussen said:

Which version did you use? I downloaded version 1.3, but have no idea on how to reproduce the data shown in your picture. Can't find the Scenery Objects Editor you mention.

It's this symbol right next to the Import button.

image.png.8fdfd0035867196d8c7d6d368bc1ff84.png