Jump to content

How to update the fms for an alternate?


Fabrice Paulin

Recommended Posts

Fabrice Paulin

Hello,

what’s the correct way to update the airbus fms to program, during the flight, a diversion to an alternate airport?
use the second flight plan to prgram the approach and make it active?

or pilots never use fms during a diversion as tile rushes?
thanks!

Link to post
Phil Tereny

When you deside to divert to another airport enroute ATC will give you an initial heading, after that, you can hit the LSK1 on the route page and type in your alternate at next destination and select a STAR or transition if necessary.

Link to post
Michael Teague

i diverted the other day after a missed approach.  i could not figure out how to get back to climb or cruise phase. iirc i was able to just enable appr phase again from go around phase.   

im almost certain it is something very simple but i just limped 150nm in appr phase using selected alt and speeds.. 

 

 

Link to post
Stu Antonio

I have to admit, I recently had a similar issue.

While programming the FMC, you can already insert the route the OFP (simbrief) gives you to your alternate (below the arrival airport) starting from the first destination‘s runway (including SIDs & STARs). But after a goaround, I didn‘t manage to skip the standard missed approach procedure and just „activate“ that alternate route to my alternate destination. 

Link to post
  • 4 months later...
Adrian Bueren

Hello guys,

I also recently had this problem, after the Go around the Perf page was stuck in Go around and also managed speed was stuck on the clean speed in the go around mode. Have you figured out how to reset the system to go back in cruise and to be able to type in new values for the alternate dest. in the perf page?

 

Link to post
Riccardo Masia
On 9/27/2020 at 3:08 PM, Michael Teague said:

i diverted the other day after a missed approach.  i could not figure out how to get back to climb or cruise phase. iirc i was able to just enable appr phase again from go around phase.   

im almost certain it is something very simple but i just limped 150nm in appr phase using selected alt and speeds.. 

 

 

Disabling and enabling both FD will recycle the FMC back to climb page.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Adrian Bueren
10 hours ago, Riccardo Masia said:

Disabling and enabling both FD will recycle the FMC back to climb page.

Thx a lot, I must say I really like this community, always fast to help :-)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Adrian Bueren
12 hours ago, Adrian Bueren said:

Thx a lot, I must say I really like this community, always fast to help :-)

I tried that today but it doesn't work. The only way I got out of the go around mode was to enable the approach mode after choosing the Alt as Destination  and then setting a new cruise level on the prog page.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Riccardo Masia

Yes I have to admit, I haven't tested it but I did find it in the FCOM. Usually when you accidentally activate approach phase it can be set back to the appropriate phase by recycling the FD.

Link to post
Riccardo Masia

Just to follow up from above, recycling the FD and then reselecting your altitude will reset the FMC phase back to CLB/DES.

 

EDIT: Only works during CLB.. When DES or in CRZ, APP phase doesn't revert back...

EDIT: It is only capable to revert back to the climb page when you enter a climbing altitude in the FCP. It seems not to revert back when just re-entering the INIT CRZ level. Is this normal behaviour?

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
Michael Teague
On 2/25/2021 at 1:59 PM, Adrian Bueren said:

I tried that today but it doesn't work. The only way I got out of the go around mode was to enable the approach mode after choosing the Alt as Destination  and then setting a new cruise level on the prog page.

yeah thats the method i eventually found too.  re-activate appr, change to new dest, and put new cruise on prog page. 

 

Link to post
  • 1 month later...
×
×
  • Create New...