Dual input simulation

Vincent Twisker

Vincent Twisker

Now that for example the Thrustmaster TCAs have a selector switch to assign either pilot or co-pilot configuration, would it be difficult for the development team to introduce the dual input simulation with both sidesticks connected in a future update? It would be awesome if the take over function of the AP disconnect button and the priority system would become functional in FSLabs. 

20200813_233859.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
James Littler
On 9/14/2020 at 7:35 AM, Vincent Twisker said:

Now that for example the Thrustmaster TCAs have a selector switch to assign either pilot or co-pilot configuration, would it be difficult for the development team to introduce the dual input simulation with both sidesticks connected in a future update? It would be awesome if the take over function of the AP disconnect button and the priority system would become functional in FSLabs. 

20200813_233859.jpg

Vincent where did you get your rubber boot from for the TCA?

Vincent Twisker
17 hours ago, James Littler said:

Vincent where did you get your rubber boot from for the TCA?

Hi James...I ordered these on AliExpress and did some modifications.

@Luis...I take that as a compliment haha

Screenshot_20210121-091543_AliExpress.jpg

James Littler
1 hour ago, Vincent Twisker said:

Hi James...I ordered these on AliExpress and did some modifications.

@Luis...I take that as a compliment haha

Screenshot_20210121-091543_AliExpress.jpg

That's more like it, thanks for the tip Vincent :)

Lefteris Kalamaras
On 9/14/2020 at 9:35 AM, Vincent Twisker said:

That's in for next version update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...
Vincent Twisker

And another thank you FSLabs! The latest update has made a huge step forward in this regard as well. The only thing missing after some quick initial testing is that I did not get the aural "Dual input" warning when making simultaneous inputs. But a big thanks for this implementation!

Vincent Twisker
46 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

It's there. :)

Strange, because I do get the "priority left/right" aural when holding the AP disconnect buttons, but not the aural "dual input" when applying simultaneous inputs. I will check again tomorrow. 

Frederic Gentil

I also don’t hear the dual input sound when applying simultaneous inputs. 

Frederic Gentil

Ok I see. Sorry didn't bother reading the manual as I'm a long time user, didn't thought this would have been an option. :rolleyes:

Lefteris Kalamaras
Just now, Frederic Gentil said:

Ok I see. Sorry didn't bother reading the manual as I'm a long time user, didn't thought this would have been an option. :rolleyes:

It's definitely a pin option and I just discovered it's not being saved after set, so that it can remain selected for your next load. Sorry about that - it should be fixed for the next update (it'll be saved in the particular livery configuration, however).

• Thanks 1
Frederic Gentil
1 hour ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

It's definitely a pin option

Ok, learned something today. Even though I've been flying on the airbus family for now more than 4 years, I never knew that this was actually an option. I always thought it was standard on each Airbus. All the airbus I flew so far are all equipped with the "Dual Input" Aural warning.

1546431862_Dualinput.png.b04ab10110ef4224be9ef428cbcd43d8.png

Got this information from the following link

Dual Input

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

hello,

how can I do a dual input into Fslabs? my Joystick it connected either to left or right, depents on setup in the FMS... how can I set up a second Joystick to the others side sidestick?

Sabine Meier
12 minutes ago, Marc Mayer said:

hello,

how can I do a dual input into Fslabs? my Joystick it connected either to left or right, depents on setup in the FMS... how can I set up a second Joystick to the others side sidestick?

Well if you own the version for p3d v4 or v5 then install the latest version. That will allow two units to be connected.