Always a slot?

Fabrice Paulin

Fabrice Paulin

Hi

your simulator is really great, thanks for this job well done!
I am surprised to receive for any flight a slot, even in areas where there is no ATFCM service.

it is also surprisîng to receive systematically a slot for any european flight: from an old Eurocontrol statistic, in europe, around one flight out of 7 receive a slot. Maybe something to be improved?

thanks

Koen Meier
5 minutes ago, Fabrice Paulin said:

Hi

your simulator is really great, thanks for this job well done!
I am surprised to receive for any flight a slot, even in areas where there is no ATFCM service.

it is also surprisîng to receive systematically a slot for any european flight: from an old Eurocontrol statistic, in europe, around one flight out of 7 receive a slot. Maybe something to be improved?

thanks

You get a slot notification every flight. This has no real use when flying but sometimes you get a delay notice.

Koen Meier
30 minutes ago, Fabrice Paulin said:

Thanks Koen, is it like this in the real world?

To some extent they are like irl but they aren’t connected in anyway to systems that deal with these times.

Alejandro Martínez
On 9/12/2020 at 7:14 PM, Fabrice Paulin said:

Thanks Koen, is it like this in the real world?

Not necessarily. In real life you only get a slot notification in case of congestion in departure airport, destination or enroute.

Koen Meier
2 minutes ago, Alejandro Martínez said:

Not necessarily. In real life you only get a slot notification in case of congestion in departure airport, destination or enroute.

Doesnt have to be congestion. You could also get a delay notification of the slot due to ground crew or weather. 

Alejandro Martínez
5 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

Doesnt have to be congestion. You could also get a delay notification of the slot due to ground crew or weather. 

Weather = Congestion, because the airport is not accepting departures or the rate of take offs is lower.

Koen Meier
20 minutes ago, Alejandro Martínez said:

Weather = Congestion, because the airport is not accepting departures or the rate of take offs is lower.

They are ways defined in the message. It wont say due to congestion then you dont know.

Simon Kelsey

The airline the system is modelled on sends a 'slot' message for every flight, regardless of whether there is an actual CFMU slot or not. If not the notification simply reflects the scheduled departure time.

This is faithfully replicated in the FSL system.

• Like 1
Alejandro Martínez
17 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

They are ways defined in the message. It wont say due to congestion then you dont know.

In real life you have codes, depending on the code, you know if the slot is caused by departure airport, dest or enroute.

Koen Meier
31 minutes ago, Alejandro Martínez said:

In real life you have codes, depending on the code, you know if the slot is caused by departure airport, dest or enroute.

I know. I did a project on a-cdm and i looked at the iata delay codes again yesterday.