2 GENERAL QUESTIONS: TAKE-OFF MANAGED GUIDANCE + ECAM FUEL MESSAGE

Enrique Perez

Enrique Perez

Hi flightsimmers,

Since long time ago Im trying to solve 2 issues but I could not find the way to solve them

1)During take off, I've read that in order to follow the center line easily, you can activate  RWY -automatic runway axis follow up through ILS use , but I dont now how to set it up.

2)Sometimes I received a ECAM message which is prompting me to INCREASE FUEL FLOW IN ENG1 for example, my question is how to do it, I dont knw what is exactly the action to be taken.

Thanks in advance

Koen Meier

RWY is automatically activated just like SRS only condition is that you need to take off from a runway that has an ILS system is tstalled.

generally support questions should be posted in support section of the forum.

Enrique Perez

Thanks Koen,

Once RWY is activated, what is supposed to happen afterwards, can I assume the plane will follow the center line by itself  without any other action from myself?.in order to be more exact in my doubts because I know basics , so I  write my main concerns

-Should I enter just in RAD-NAV the ILS frecuency and course or something else?

-FD /ILS must be activated both?

-Lateral navigation should be managed or I must considered selected with the actual heading of the rwy?

About the FUEL MESSAGE...any suggestion?

Thanks

Koen Meier

you just need follow it with the rudderpedals. the aircraft will not track it for you. and you dont need to enter anything.

Enrique Perez

Understood, therefore I was confused thinking that when RWY is activated is would be like a automatic follow guidance without any action from the pilot.

In that case, only because Im curious,,what is the purpose,advantage of benefit for having RWY activated during take off.??

I would appreciate any response about the question regarding fuel.

Thanks

Koen Meier

what about low vis take off. having loc guidance on the take off roll

regarding fuel. increase fuel flow sounds like the engines are getting the required fuel.

check your pumps.

Enrique Perez

Clear for the RWY subject.

Regarding the fuel, if ECAM asks me to INCREASE fuel flow, what is the pump I should manipulate ??

A)On the FUEL panel:

-Should I change MODE SEL into MANUAL mode?

-X FEED must be ON?

B)Any action on the HYD panel??

Thank you

Enrique Perez

I dont have the snapshot but it appears usually because of a fuel imbalance in between outer and inner tankers.

One of the prompts says something like:  INCREASE fuel flow in engine #...This is what I dont know what it means, how can I increase the fuel flow?

Nico Szegedi

Well normally by adding thrust. There is no „button“ to do so. 
Anyway to go into detail a screenshot of the specific ECAM actions would be helpful. 

Pete Banner

During a low viz take off the runway centreline is maintained manually by the pilot by reference to the outside world, i.e. the centreline lights and markings. There is no automatic take off mode - yet- in the A320 series. This is why the minimum viz for a low viz take off in generally 125m.