File download speeds too slow?

Hardik Ramnani

Hardik Ramnani

Recently i've found that the file download speeds are very slow like 500 kbs or so, is it just me or does anyone else face similar issues?

Norman Blackburn

Hello Hardik,

As you can imagine, we download and install the various variants all of the time. At 1.2GB sometimes the largest file can take me a few minutes but often its much, much quicker.  Certainly nothing as slow as 500 kbs.  That would sound like a temporary routing issue between you and the host.

Hardik Ramnani
3 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Hello Hardik,

As you can imagine, we download and install the various variants all of the time. At 1.2GB sometimes the largest file can take me a few minutes but often its much, much quicker.  Certainly nothing as slow as 500 kbs.  That would sound like a temporary routing issue between you and the host.

possible, weird that I never had this issue before, I'll contact my host and check out what's the issue, thanks!

Norman Blackburn
43 minutes ago, Hardik Ramnani said:

possible, weird that I never had this issue before, I'll contact my host and check out what's the issue, thanks!

Note that these kind of things are temporary.  By the time your host looks the routing will have most likely changed.

• 2 weeks later...
Raphael_Chacon

Yep, im having 500KB/Sec as well, and sometimes my download gets cancelled and can not resume....    Happened to me 2 month ago, and now i decided to retry the update, but..... im getting the same thing....

Not sure if the host thingy might be the culprit, but seems like i can not get the full update for now.... I will try a couple of times more...

Happy Flying...

Hardik Ramnani
1 hour ago, Raphael_Chacon said:

Yep, im having 500KB/Sec as well, and sometimes my download gets cancelled and can not resume....    Happened to me 2 month ago, and now i decided to retry the update, but..... im getting the same thing....

Not sure if the host thingy might be the culprit, but seems like i can not get the full update for now.... I will try a couple of times more...

Happy Flying...

I checked again, for me it seems to be my ISP, cause using a vpn fixes the download speeds, just that my ISP's servers are shit

Raphael_Chacon

Noted, glad you sorted it out.   I was able to fully download latest version at 500KB/Sec  :lol:    For now, back to my P3D peaceful boredomness:   "where everything works just fine..."  :D

So, Lets go flying! B)