msfs So is that a no go on progress towards the new sim then?

Jerad Burns

Brendan Richards

I cannot comment on FSLabs roadmap without knowing it first hand but from my own observations of MSFS - It's a little too early to tell what is and isn't possible with the new sim for aircraft developers.

The SDK isn't finished and has the potential to change quite a bit in the next 6 to 12 months as items are added, changed or modified (Node Particles being one example, The basis for Smoke, Contrails and Vapor visual effects, announced earlier this week), plus from other things I've read on the MSFS forums, even since release, a few items in the SDK/Base system have changed/updated a couple of times as more FSX code is being depreciated in favor of more modern base code. Then there's the fact that DX12 is going to happen at some point which could 'reset' all hard work that the third party developers have put in. (A good example is to look at P3D V3, V4 vs V5 and what needs to be updated with each subsequent version)

I hate to say it, because I'm just as eager as the next person to get into the Study level addons in this new sim, but unfortunately we're going to have to wait a bit. It's like when a new addon is announced by any third party developer - They're not willing to come out and announce a release time because there's just too many variables and it's generally better to say nothing and give everyone a pleasant surprise, than it is to announce a timeline, miss it and deal with the backlash.

All we can do at this point is wait patiently.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Robert Sutherland

Jerad, get yourself P3D v5, jump on board and stop moaning about the lack of news or development for a platform that isn't even ready to welcome high-fidelity addons :) 

• Like 8
Karl Brooker

The platform isn't ready to support FSL yet, so it's not surprising that nothing has been announced. There are, as yet, unreleased products on the P3D platform that are being worked on so at least for the foreseeable future, then FSL seem like they'll be on P3D. Your comment of "milking out sales" is inflammatory and not needed here.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
duartevieira
6 hours ago, Jerad Burns said:

Or are they gonna try to milk out some more P3D sales first before they tell us that they are working on it lol?

Silly comment really there’s no need for it they don’t need to milk nothing when you get add ons with the quality they have compared with other products in the market today 

• Like 1
Jerad Burns
On 9/7/2020 at 11:37 PM, Karl Brooker said:

The platform isn't ready to support FSL yet, so it's not surprising that nothing has been announced. There are, as yet, unreleased products on the P3D platform that are being worked on so at least for the foreseeable future, then FSL seem like they'll be on P3D. Your comment of "milking out sales" is inflammatory and not needed here.

Ehh I kinda have a right to use that comment, I've spent $140 on this FSLabs airbus and I can't even use it because i'd have to spend another $140 to be able to use it with the UPGRADED P3D. How is that justified lol? If I want to use this plane, it would cost me a total of $280 lmao. I've bought it once for P3D, and I shouldn't have to re-buy it every time P3D updates. That wasn't part of the deal when I spent the first $140 lmao. 

I emailed support, they told me to go buy it again in order to fly it lol.

• Sad 1
Guy Owen
22 minutes ago, Jerad Burns said:

Ehh I kinda have a right to use that comment, I've spent $140 on this FSLabs airbus and I can't even use it because i'd have to spend another $140 to be able to use it with the UPGRADED P3D. How is that justified lol? If I want to use this plane, it would cost me a total of $280 lmao. I've bought it once for P3D, and I shouldn't have to re-buy it every time P3D updates. That wasn't part of the deal when I spent the first $140 lmao. 

I emailed support, they told me to go buy it again in order to fly it lol.

If you don’t want to part with more money then don’t.

The FSL Airbus is the most complex and realistic aircraft out their for the simulation community, many hours have gone in to making features that most of us thought were impassable a reality in P3D. When Lockheed Martin release a new version it isn’t always as simple as copy and past. Like with PBR, it takes a lot of hours to get it working to the quality that FSL want to deliver.

Please take some time to understand the on going support and development that FSL provide in our community before commenting and show respect for those who made this possible. $140 seems a small price to pay for this kind of quality! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Markus Burkhard
38 minutes ago, Jerad Burns said:

We did offer a free upgrade from v3 to v4 for a VERY long time. And not only that, ever since the first release for Prepar3D the A320-X has been under constant development with countless new features added for free. Free to this day in P3Dv5, and more still to come, for free.

I'm sorry you missed the free upgrade to v4, but having said the above we also kinda have a right to feel offended by you calling us money grabbers.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Dan Parkin locked this topic