Known bugs in Concorde-X v1.41

Ramón Cutanda

Ramón Cutanda

Now that we know an update is coming, maybe this is a good time to list all the known bugs in current version. Surely, the FSLabs team will be aware of most of them, but a dozen pairs of extra eyes won't hurt. I start with the first that come to my mind:

1. Cabin lights work as expected just after loading the aircraft. However, roof light stop working between 5-10 minutes after starting the simulation and the LH/RH DASH and ALL light control does not work as expected either after that moment. As a result, the cockpit is REALLY dark and makes night flights very difficult/unpleasant.

2. Neither of Mach Hold controls  (Auto Throtle or climb) work as expected and are unable to actually hold the current Mach speed.

3. Even with the VFE disabled, it is not possible to control the TLA for supersonic deceleration and descent. It is always set at 18º and it is not possible to change it using the mouse wheel + CTRL+F5, either for the initial deceleration or during descent. At the same time, even with the VFE disabled, throttle is automatically reduced to 32º at Mach 1.5

4. Some times Concorde-X loads without brake pressure, which prevents using FSDream Team GSX.

5. The next switches/controls ALWAYS load in the state shown in the screenshot even if you save them in a different state. This is not a problem with default panel states. This only happens with custom panel saves.

I will update the post if I can think of any others :-)

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Michele Benedetti
9 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

A new version, not an update.
Just making that clear.

Ooooo I can't believe this is happening...can we then expect new features like TLA bugs, engineer flight panel in VC or INS route loading via the CDU's?

Anyway this is fantastic! :D:) 

Ramón Cutanda
24 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Dear Santa,

This year I must have been such a good boy that my deepest wish has been fulfilled. Therefore, I won't be asking for anything else this Christmas. You really know how to make people happy :-)

All my love,

Bests,

Fraser Gale

@Ramón Cutanda your point about the brake pressure could be debated as an aircraft sitting for a couple of days could/would loose accumulator pressure, meaning no breaks till the ground pumps are used....

I'm sure the team know what they are doing so let's see what they come up with rather than fill the forum with wish lists!

Kyprianos Biris
12 hours ago, Fraser Gale said:

@Ramón Cutanda your point about the brake pressure could be debated as an aircraft sitting for a couple of days could/would loose accumulator pressure, meaning no breaks till the ground pumps are used....

I'm sure the team know what they are doing so let's see what they come up with rather than fill the forum with wish lists!

I agree with Fraser.

@Ramón Cutanda on initial power up, after I connect ground power, I pressurize the brakes by switching on the electric hydraulic pumps from the brake temperature panel and I leave them ON until I get hydraulic pressure from the running engines after start up.

@Ramón Cutanda Add one more bug to your list: The Small Mach meter barber pole oscillates while aircraft is on the ground both while stationary and while taxying. It could have to do with Active Sky 2016 for P3D weather data but it does oscillate up and down very frequently. (P3Dv3)

Fraser Gale
11 minutes ago, Kyprianos Biris said:

I agree with Fraser.

@Ramón Cutanda on initial power up, after I connect ground power, I pressurize the brakes by switching on the electric hydraulic pumps from the brake temperature panel and I leave them ON until I get hydraulic pressure from the running engines after start up.

@Ramón Cutanda Add one more bug to your list: The Small Mach meter barber pole oscillates while aircraft is on the ground both while stationary and while taxying. It could have to do with Active Sky 2016 for P3D weather data but it does oscillate up and down very frequently. (P3Dv3)

With the current logic of the brake system, I think your method is the safest @Kyprianos Biris. Real world a couple of seconds on the ground pumps would fill the accumulators and you got an average of 5 full brake applications from a full accumulator, so even if the park brake released for some reason, you could set it again without needing the pumps.  Also those ground pumps were pretty small and would burn out if used for long periods! 

I think we've covered all the bugs at some point, I know I put together a list a couple of years ago!

AdrianSmith

Anyone mentioned the night time appearance of the clock/chronometer on the main panel (outlines displaced) and also the (rarely used I admit) Aft leg panel which under night lighting displays one of the compass check indicators enlarged and out of position.

Norman Blackburn
On 9/4/2020 at 9:55 PM, Andrew Wilson said:

Just a reminder that we have seen and on occassion experienced many of the things mentioned however its important to not lose sight of Andrew's words above.

• Like 1
Fraser Gale
2 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Just a reminder that we have seen and on occassion experienced many of the things mentioned however its important to not lose sight of Andrew's words above.

EXACTLY!!

• Like 1