Jump to content

320-x MCDU via ipad


Aviram Etz Hadar

Recommended Posts

Jean-Claude Bailly

Coincidentally, I was also trying to link my IPhone to the MCDU following the instructions in the manual with Google Chrome or Safari and had no luck to open the MCDU, I got a Not Found answer. Evidently both my Simulator PC and the iPhone are on the same network however the PC is on Ethernet, does this matter?

As a matter of comparison, I connected easily the remote CDU to my Safari on my iPhone and could see that my IP address was the correct one since it was the same I used for the FSLabs MCDU (adding :8080/mcp to the IP), hence there was apparently no mistake on my part.

Please note: I have been using the MCDU on my EFB PC linked via Ethernet cable to the simulator PC without any issue. 

Thank you for your help.

Link to post
Mateusz Chalupniczak
1 hour ago, Jean-Claude Bailly said:

Coincidentally, I was also trying to link my IPhone to the MCDU following the instructions in the manual with Google Chrome or Safari and had no luck to open the MCDU, I got a Not Found answer. Evidently both my Simulator PC and the iPhone are on the same network however the PC is on Ethernet, does this matter?

As a matter of comparison, I connected easily the remote CDU to my Safari on my iPhone and could see that my IP address was the correct one since it was the same I used for the FSLabs MCDU (adding :8080/mcp to the IP), hence there was apparently no mistake on my part.

Please note: I have been using the MCDU on my EFB PC linked via Ethernet cable to the simulator PC without any issue. 

Thank you for your help.

On your host computer you should type 'localhost:8080', on any other local device it should be 'local IP:8080',

Keep in mind that if you're using ethernet cable instead of wireless card you should look for ethernet IP adress. 

image.png.757dcf6373233f135078a9008824ebcd.png

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Jean-Claude Bailly

OK, thank you, I now understand that wireless and Ethernet addresses are different (I ignored that...).

Forgive me for being slow Mateusz, what should I type on my iPhone Safari (or Google Chrome) window to create the connection: my simulator PC LAN adaptor Wi-Fi IP address followed by

"192.168.1.56/local IP:8080/mcp"  ? (I used your wifi IP address indicated above in this example)

Thank you to clarify and many thanks for your kind help.

Incidentally, I do remember very clearly that the Remote CDU software (for other planes FMC) gave me the same IP address as the one I use with FSLabs MCDU on my EFB PC linked by Ethernet cable... I am a bit lost to be honest!

Link to post
Mateusz Chalupniczak
15 hours ago, Jean-Claude Bailly said:

OK, thank you, I now understand that wireless and Ethernet addresses are different (I ignored that...).

Forgive me for being slow Mateusz, what should I type on my iPhone Safari (or Google Chrome) window to create the connection: my simulator PC LAN adaptor Wi-Fi IP address followed by

"192.168.1.56/local IP:8080/mcp"  ? (I used your wifi IP address indicated above in this example)

Thank you to clarify and many thanks for your kind help.

Incidentally, I do remember very clearly that the Remote CDU software (for other planes FMC) gave me the same IP address as the one I use with FSLabs MCDU on my EFB PC linked by Ethernet cable... I am a bit lost to be honest!

Host computer: localhost:8080

Iphone/devices that are connected to wifi only: 192.168.1.56:8080

EFB: 

I'm still not sure how your EFB is connected to computer, I would try with localhost:8080 if it doesn't work then 192.168.20.1:8080

 

Obviously change 192.168.XXX.XXX:8080 to your adresses

Link to post
Jean-Claude Bailly

Thank you both for your input, I now have access to my mcdu on my iPad, I am using exactly the same IP address as my EFB (linked to my sim via Ethernet), for some reason that I cannot understand, the same was not working yesterday whereas the Remote CDU software was correctly configured... Network mysteries....!

Have a great week-end!

Link to post
Aviram Etz Hadar

Going back to the original questions:

1- understand there is a sulution to operate the MCDU using the iPad..

can some one please alaborate on this and write down the instructions of how to do it step by step..? ( I intend to connect the iPad via USB to PC)

2. not less important then MCDU is the operation of FCU via buttons and 

not using the mouse.. is there a relatively cheap device that I can get..?

as real life A321LR (neo) pilot, I am telling you that it is a compulsory device

to have as it is being manipulated frequently at all flight stages..

Link to post
Koen Meier
3 minutes ago, Aviram Etz Hadar said:

Going back to the original questions:

1- understand there is a sulution to operate the MCDU using the iPad..

can some one please alaborate on this and write down the instructions of how to do it step by step..? ( I intend to connect the iPad via USB to PC)

2. not less important then MCDU is the operation of FCU via buttons and 

not using the mouse.. is there a relatively cheap device that I can get..?

as real life A321LR (neo) pilot, I am telling you that it is a compulsory device

to have as it is being manipulated frequently at all flight stages..

The sharklets are getting an efb which will be hopefully be put in the other variants. 

Link to post
Aviram Etz Hadar

any idea for FCU device.. I can’t stress how important it is to simulate a real handling of the aircraft.. using the mouse reduces significantly the dinamic of piloting the plane..

Link to post
Mateusz Chalupniczak
5 hours ago, Aviram Etz Hadar said:

Going back to the original questions:

1- understand there is a sulution to operate the MCDU using the iPad..

can some one please alaborate on this and write down the instructions of how to do it step by step..? ( I intend to connect the iPad via USB to PC)

2. not less important then MCDU is the operation of FCU via buttons and 

not using the mouse.. is there a relatively cheap device that I can get..?

as real life A321LR (neo) pilot, I am telling you that it is a compulsory device

to have as it is being manipulated frequently at all flight stages..

1. (assuming you're NOT connected to router via ethernet cable)

  • Connect your Ipad to the same wifi your computer is connected.
  • Run fslabs.
  • Then type cmd in windows then type 'ipconfig',
  • search for wireless internet card section,
  • find its IPv4 adress (should start with 192.168.X.X)
  • type this adress on your ipad and at the end add ':8080'

2. Depends how rich you are:

https://www.skalarki-electronics.eu/en/onlineshop/product/fcu-proversion-2017.html

Link to post
Norman Blackburn
6 minutes ago, Aviram Etz Hadar said:

any idea for FCU device.. I can’t stress how important it is to simulate a real handling of the aircraft.. using the mouse reduces significantly the dinamic of piloting the plane..

Skalarki FCU.  I have one and can attest to the difference it makes.

Link to post
Aviram Etz Hadar

Tnx for your responses..

My PC will be connected to the internet via cord and not WiFi..

same goes for the connection of the iPad to the PC (USB connector)

so how do run the MCDU in the configuration..?

do I have to download any software to do it..?

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
Jose Pablo Gomez Bermudez

Since version P3D5 im unable to use the MCDU on my ipad nor other computer on my LAN, only with the local host, I ping the  sim computer and I am able to see it. 

 

Please help. 

 

Thanks

Link to post
Norman Blackburn

Hi Jose,

If there were no changes it would be still working surely?   Assuming Windows Defender please make sure you are allowing traffic on your LAN on whatever port you are using.  By default its 8080

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...