Unpaused.

Lefteris Kalamaras

Ray Proudfoot

FS Labs,

When a platform or platforms for the new Concorde has been decided would you please give some consideration to how we plan fuel, pax loading and engine settings including reheat times?

With P3D v3 and FSX many of us are using Concorde Performance System - X. If you decide on P3D v5 then this shouldn't be a problem if Active Sky's ASP3D for v4 and v5 is compatible.

But if you decide on MFS then it won't be able to read the XML files or the ADEU files generated by CPS-X. Something else would be desirable or even essential to produce the ADEU files and read the weather for the route.

Thanks.

Fraser Gale
3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

FS Labs,

When a platform or platforms for the new Concorde has been decided would you please give some consideration to how we plan fuel, pax loading and engine settings including reheat times?

With P3D v3 and FSX many of us are using Concorde Performance System - X. If you decide on P3D v5 then this shouldn't be a problem if Active Sky's ASP3D for v4 and v5 is compatible.

But if you decide on MFS then it won't be able to read the XML files or the ADEU files generated by CPS-X. Something else would be desirable or even essential to produce the ADEU files and read the weather for the route.

Thanks.

You should still be able to take the data from CPS and put it into the aircraft yourself though, which would have been done in real life anyway.  I'm sure there will be a way to adjust payload etc just as there was in the Concorde X.  The ADEU files are a clever element of CPS, but is it not more fun typing in the waypoints on unusual routes anyway?

My computer program can do general takeoff data for any runway as long as you know the length and slope of it, but I don't think you would like it because you would still have to put the data into the aircraft. 

CPS is useful for people I agree, but essential it is not.   Bearing in mind that flight planning software is a whole other thing that normally other companies produce (PFPX, SimBrief) and that CPS is really a Concorde specific extension to this, it might be asking a lot for the aircraft developer to produce this...

Frazz

• Like 3
Ray Proudfoot

@Fraser Gale, your post is based on the assumption MFS would be the chosen platform. As you have said to me on many occasions it’s best not to speculate but to wait until an announcement is made.

My post was directed to FS Labs management and not meant for general discussion.

Fraser Gale
2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Fraser Gale, your post is based on the assumption MFS would be the chosen platform. As you have said to me on many occasions it’s best not to speculate but to wait until an announcement is made.

My post was directed to FS Labs management and not meant for general discussion.

Then don't post it on a general forum...

I wasn't assuming anything, I was merely reacting to one of the scenarios you suggested in your post and hence I was not speculating.  

Trying to be helpful but as you clearly don't appreciate it, we shall wait to see what the management do or say.

• Like 2
Daniel Mendoza

I would sincerely hope they are making the Concorde for V4/V5.

• Like 3
Steve Prowse

I’ve had it on very good authority, from guys with their ear superglued to the ground, that Concorde will be for P3D.  If only FSL would simply say which platform, all this speculation would disappear....I mean it’s not like giving a release date is it!

Fraser Gale

@Steve Prowse I just can't understand why people can't just wait and see rather than speculate about it.  After all, there was a time when we didn't know if we would even get a Concorde, now people know they are getting one and they still have to find things to debate about...

There is far worse going on in the world at the moment than waiting on such news.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Steve Prowse
1 hour ago, Fraser Gale said:

@Steve Prowse I just can't understand why people can't just wait and see rather than speculate about it.  After all, there was a time when we didn't know if we would even get a Concorde, now people know they are getting one and they still have to find things to debate about...

There is far worse going on in the world at the moment than waiting on such news.

The point is Frazz there would be no speculation, no questions or anything else, if FSL would simply say which platform the Concorde is being developed for.  FSL must know, since when did any developer not tell potential customers the platform they are going to use.  The whole thing is just bloody ridiculous. We still don’t know if we are going to get  Concorde, no, what we do know is “unpaused” and a screenshot; ever felt like a mushroom....:D

Norman Blackburn

All,

For now all we will say its for 64bit.  In regards to they must know - consider that perhaps we simply can't say as yet.  Just wait and when we are able all will be revealed.

• Like 8
Steve Prowse
27 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

consider that perhaps we simply can't say as yet.

If that is the case, why oh why didn’t FSL wait, till you could say;  why cause all this nonsense and speculation! 

• Like 1
Fraser Gale
1 hour ago, Steve Prowse said:

The point is Frazz there would be no speculation, no questions or anything else, if FSL would simply say which platform the Concorde is being developed for.  FSL must know, since when did any developer not tell potential customers the platform they are going to use.  The whole thing is just bloody ridiculous. We still don’t know if we are going to get  Concorde, no, what we do know is “unpaused” and a screenshot; ever felt like a mushroom....:D

There is no need for profanities in a forum.  It is not ridiculous and in fact I'm starting to wish they hadn't told people it was un-paused! 

To compare one developer with another is meaningless really, at the end of the day, they told everyone the project was un-paused to give people some hope, a screenshot was shared of it existing in a simulator (just to stifle the "we still don't know" bit), but the fact is that un-paused means to follow on from where it was, not suddenly you are going to get loads of information.  This is how FSLabs have always worked, so why change now? 

People should be glad they are getting one and stop all the carry on quite frankly.

When did you last go into a shop and demand such information on a forthcoming product?  I personally never have, but maybe I am a bit backward in that.  FSLabs is essentially a shop, where you buy an addon and use it.

24 minutes ago, Steve Prowse said:

If that is the case, why oh why didn’t FSL wait, till you could say;  why cause all this nonsense and speculation! 

They didn't cause the speculation, the reactions of people to the announcement did - would you rather they had just worked on it without telling anyone?  I personally would have now...

Everyone needs to calm down, be patient and WAIT!!!!!!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
Norman Blackburn

Whilst work continues for now sadly this thread has reached its natural conclusion.

When we have more information we are able to share then rest assured we shall do so.  However for now where applicable, lets agree to disagree.

Edit: Unlocked since more information is now available.

Edited by Norman Blackburn
More information now available.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Norman Blackburn locked this topic
  • Norman Blackburn unlocked this topic