FSlabs in MSFS2020

Richard Partridge

Robert Sutherland
4 hours ago, christian marraffa-voidey said:

I would like to know like many others. If Flightsimlabs will make an update to make the A320 compatible on Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020? and when ?

This isn't a matter of making the product compatible but a case of rewriting lines and lines of code so that systems replicated in P3D can work in MSFS. Don't expect it any time soon. 

Also, there haven't been any official announcements by FSLabs, and the SDK available to developers isn't completed, especially when it comes to complex aircraft. 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Koen Meier

• David Murden

• Timm Rehberg

• Christoph Sebek

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.flightsimulator.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-set-for-launch-on-august-18-for-pc-also-with-xbox-game-pass-for-pc-beta/ Should we start another hype?

The A320 Neo is good enough for now. You can do full flights with it, and its super easy to set up a flight plan in the menu lol.  Honestly gonna have a lot of fun with it until FSLabs helps us out wi

It's a VFR revolution for sure, I  made one flight with the diamond plane, the feel of the plane is different,  although I never flew an actual plane it felt right if you know what I mean specially wi

Jerad Burns
5 hours ago, Nuno M Pinto said:

I sincerely doubt we will see anything before 2022. And that's "if".

whaaaaaat lol. So I should probably stop coming here every day to check for news on it then lol.

Theres a pretty skilled group of people working on modding the Default a320 neo. Pilots, programmers, and lots of others. But heres the link if you want to follow their progress. They've already made a lot of the ecam pages useable, like the APU and doors.
https://discord.gg/5hXrfQ

Also that discord link will likely expire within 24 hours lol, I don't really understand discord. But they got this link as well https://trello.com/b/z3jimJLq/study-level-a320neo

I guess its just nice knowing that at least someones out there working on an airbus for us all to enjoy :)

I believe they want to be in contact with Asobo to possibly replace the in-game 320 with their own. We'll see, either way you can already fly their modded one and see the progress first hand.

• Like 1
Nuno M Pinto

What for, it'll be a mutant, it will never be anything that resembles a properly simulated A320, mostly like the Zibo 737 on X-Plane. It *MIGHT* look good, but that's a whole different story.

Still, fun to watch all the hype. I'll just sit, enjoy what i have and when (if) it's ready, i'll evaluate.

• Like 2
jnorwood

FSLabs would be crazy not to push their A320/321 into MS2020 as soon as they possibly can.. There are a lot of us from FSX who never moved over to P3D or Xplane and I have no reason to now with MS2020 around. 

• Like 1
Stu Antonio
15 hours ago, christian marraffa-voidey said:

I would like to know like many others. If Flightsimlabs will make an update to make the A320 compatible on Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020? and when ?

Actually, Norman already stated (and locked) a reply in another thread just days ago:

Nuno M Pinto
6 hours ago, jnorwood said:

FSLabs would be crazy not to push their A320/321 into MS2020 as soon as they possibly can.. There are a lot of us from FSX who never moved over to P3D or Xplane and I have no reason to now with MS2020 around. 

Oh you're missing quite a lot trust me. P3Dv5 is nothing short of spectacular.

• Like 5
Christoph Sebek
3 hours ago, Nuno M Pinto said:

Oh you're missing quite a lot trust me. P3Dv5 is nothing short of spectacular.

Affirm. Played around a bit in MFS earlier today (default aircraft) and right now I am loading up my FSL320 for LEAS to LEMD. ^_^

• Like 4
Robert Sutherland
13 hours ago, Jerad Burns said:

whaaaaaat lol. So I should probably stop coming here every day to check for news on it then lol.

You might just have to. It's taken FSLabs years of development to get the plane to the current standard in P3D. Don't expect them to snap their fingers and have an MSFS compatible version of it ready for you to use.

They're still in the middle of an update development cycle for their P3D products and haven't yet announced support for MSFS, let alone products for it. 

So patience is key. 

Karl Brooker
10 hours ago, jnorwood said:

Actually, they'd be crazy to do any development for MSFS right now. It's riddled with bugs, and with an extremely lacking SDK which doesn't allow any complex programming or infrastructure, and requires a complete rewrite in a different language - you can't currently get an aircraft of FSL's level into the sim. Until those bugs are fixed, and a supportive SDK is released, FSL cannot (and I would assume, will not) begin work. Considering the level of bugs in the current state of MSFS, and the fact the SDK needs so much development, I'd say we are 18 months away from FSL even being able to start their rewrite. That's not to mention the fact they're in the middle of a product update, and have another P3D release yet to finish and get out to the public.

Just because it doesn't fit your needs, it doesn't make it crazy.

• Like 6
Jeffry Babb

There are now hordes of forum "hype men" almost everywhere I go now who are consistently putting out the "MSFS is here, nothing else matters" message.  It is annoying.

More and more, I appreciate the "steady as she goes" approach taken at FSLabs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Jerad Burns

Beginning work on MSFS with Asobo, kinda like how 'others' did, the moment microsoft announced it.... seems like it would have been the best business move. FSLabs product would SELL, and not only hardcore simmers would be the ones buying it either in THAT sim. 

P3D is just an updated FSX, in no form is P3D amazing. Your forgetting that your addons are what are keeping you playing it.

Jeffry Babb
2 hours ago, Jerad Burns said:

Beginning work on MSFS with Asobo, kinda like how 'others' did, the moment microsoft announced it.... seems like it would have been the best business move. FSLabs product would SELL, and not only hardcore simmers would be the ones buying it either in THAT sim. 

P3D is just an updated FSX, in no form is P3D amazing. Your forgetting that your addons are what are keeping you playing it.

I am not forgetting that my investment is keeping me on P3D.  Also, if you look, you'll see that aspects of FSX live on in MSFS as well.

Stu Antonio

I‘m honestly kinda bothered by so many of non-simmers I know who always smirked at my hobby suddenly becoming experts and telling me „hey, you are into this flight sim stuff, right? There is a new cool flight sinulator out, it‘s so awesome, you can fly throug the city and see all the houses. You should totally get it, my kids also totally love it.!“ 

I don‘t even know how to respond  

:lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
CristianLundin

There are so many "ifs" right now and the upcoming 1-2 years could be an amazing and exiting experience filled with so much anticipation and fun times, yet I'm bothered by all this constant division and negativity. I never really got the FSX/P3D vs XP, and hoped that MSFS could unite the clans. Clearly I was wrong and now I see FSX vs P3D, P3D vs XP, XP vs MSFS, P3D vs MSFS, FSX vs MSFS. Hey soon someone on FS9 will advocate against MSFS. Just like the teachers taught us in the school cafeteria, just because you don't like the food, doesn't mean you need to say it out loud as others will be enjoying it. Very basic manners, taught at the age of 7. ;)

Personally, I'm enjoying a stutter free FSL experience in P5D, and in between flights enjoying a stutter free ga experience in MSFS, both at high to ultra settings with quite an old and cheap system that cost me about as much as people are paying for one high end graphics card. 

• Thanks 1
Robert Sutherland
13 hours ago, Jerad Burns said:

I don’t think there’s been any indication that other developers have done that, you’re just assuming because PMDG put their eggs in the MSFS basket. 

PMDG are the only aircraft developers to have done so. QualityWings haven’t. Leonardo haven’t. Majestic haven’t. CaptainSim haven’t. 

I appreciate you want software on the next big sim, but it’s not fair to lay blame on developers when the tools they are expected to use aren’t even ready yet. 

• Thanks 1
Christoph Sebek

Time will tell and for now we can all enjoy your beloved busses in V5 (or V4) and use MFS for GA flying or practice our skills when it comes to challenging landings.

Each to her / his own.

Agree with my previous posters, especially in this niche market, there is HUGE NEGATIVITY among users.

Shameful really, you have the impression, a lot of immature adults or kids out there s h i t-trashing at everyone / -thing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
James Bartlett

Been checking in and out of the forums since launch as all the addon developers have started to now annouce things, still no word from Fslabs guys or have I missed the post, can't see anything in annoucements. just an FYI I'm not expecting it to be available I'm just looking to know if they are working on bring the A320 21 and 19 to FS2020. its my number 1 favourite Airbus and would be a real shame if it doesn't come to FS2020 in future.

James Bartlett
7 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

I know of the release of FS2020 I already have it, I'm looking for the confirmation that the guys are working on A320 along side the Sharklet A320. Last I herd theres been no word from the guys yet which is worrying.

Koen Meier
3 minutes ago, James Bartlett said:

I know of the release of FS2020 I already have it, I'm looking for the confirmation that the guys are working on A320 along side the Sharklet A320. Last I herd theres been no word from the guys yet which is worrying.

read this post from one of the team.

• Like 1
James Bartlett
3 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

read this post from one of the team.

Ah did see that bit, least that confirms they are working on it which is all I wanted to know

Thanks

• Norman Blackburn locked this topic