FSlabs in MSFS2020

Richard Partridge

David Murden
4 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Thats what we would need for P3D as we simply overwrite too much original files in here but who knows how the new flight sim will work. I do expect we won´t see too much overwrite-stuff like bgl's or cloud textures etc. anymore :D 

I don't think there going to let anyone to write any files to the sim, from what I have read all addons will have to work outside the sim. it's sort of what LM wanted addon makers to do but we know how that went. Peter has said FSUIP will lose some features as modules are not allowed. But it looks like FSUIP7 will still have some good stuff for MSFS.

I hope....this will be really good long term, why? well hopefully with people moving/upgrading CPU with more cores/threads, we "could" run MSFS on...lets say 7 cores/14 threads and all addons totally running on there own on 3 cores 6 threads. That "could" mean very little to no FPS hit in the sim, but sure am speculating. 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Koen Meier

• David Murden

• Timm Rehberg

• Christoph Sebek

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.flightsimulator.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-set-for-launch-on-august-18-for-pc-also-with-xbox-game-pass-for-pc-beta/ Should we start another hype?

The A320 Neo is good enough for now. You can do full flights with it, and its super easy to set up a flight plan in the menu lol.  Honestly gonna have a lot of fun with it until FSLabs helps us out wi

It's a VFR revolution for sure, I  made one flight with the diamond plane, the feel of the plane is different,  although I never flew an actual plane it felt right if you know what I mean specially wi

Aaron Lee

I'm looking forward to this. MSFS2020 will be a great platform to build our future of flight simulation. Sure, I'll still find time for X-Plane, P3D, and DCS on my system but you simply cannot deny the leap in capability we have with this new release over anything out there at the moment, and for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1
Andreas Guther

What I personally really hope is that FSLabs will take an iterative approach in the conversion. That means that I do not expect that in the first version everything that was available in the P3D version is available. Example is the icing and deicing. It‘s better to bring MS/Asobo to implement certain functions correctly in the base platform so FSLabs just can use it than implementing everything on top. This will improve compatibility with updates. Now you understand why I‘m interested in an iterative approach: otherwise it will take years until we get something...

Maybe also a kind of public beta (for customers) would be nice. So people can start using something (like it was with the Alpha / Closed Beta) but there is not the expectation that it‘s perfect yet.

• Like 1
Tomáš Pokorný
7 minutes ago, Andreas Guther said:

What I personally really hope is that FSLabs will take an iterative approach in the conversion. That means that I do not expect that in the first version everything that was available in the P3D version is available. Example is the icing and deicing. It‘s better to bring MS/Asobo to implement certain functions correctly in the base platform so FSLabs just can use it than implementing everything on top. This will improve compatibility with updates. Now you understand why I‘m interested in an iterative approach: otherwise it will take years until we get something...

Maybe also a kind of public beta (for customers) would be nice. So people can start using something (like it was with the Alpha / Closed Beta) but there is not the expectation that it‘s perfect yet.

I'm quite disappointed by the silence though... Most of the developers including the high profile ones have already stated their intentions. Many of them already working hard on the new products.

FsLabs is just quiet, which is very disappointing.

• Like 5
Koen Meier
13 minutes ago, Tomáš Pokorný said:

I'm quite disappointed by the silence though... Most of the developers including the high profile ones have already stated their intentions. Many of them already working hard on the new products.

They said they are still under NDA. And it is their choice to decide whether or not to share information now like the others did or after release.

Tomáš Pokorný
55 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

They said they are still under NDA. And it is their choice to decide whether or not to share information now like the others did or after release.

Well, looking at most major developers publishing their intentions and screenshots, there's your NDA :)

And it's also my choice to be or not be disappointed, right?

• Like 5
Stu Antonio

For me MSFS will be my „VFR Sim“ (at least at first). In P3D i only have the FSLabs installed (although I own quite a number of GA aircraft) because flying in a Cessna or TBM or Pc12 over generically textured landscapes that look the same everywhere never really was that much fun for me. If MSFS really delivers what it promises, it will be awesome to explore the world and go flying in different parts of the globe to see how it (really?) looks like there. I just hope my system can handle it.... otherwise it will be an expensive August B)

• Like 2
Andreas Guther
3 hours ago, Tomáš Pokorný said:

I mean, that’s how I know FSLabs for years...even if the NDA is lifted I do not expect a communication for quite some time. On top of it I also expect a Big Bang release which means we are waiting for a long time. That’s the reason for my post.

It's their choice of doing things and I respect that. Still I can share my view and wishes as feedback :-)

Alaa Riad

I don't know if it's only me but, with all ORBX products, cityscapes and sceneries, airports, clouds textures you name it, that are  installed on my P3D, after watching closely videos for the MSFS I started to feel how dull P3D compared with the coming MSFS, for few days now I am trying not to look out of cockpit much. All mysteries will be unfolded in 9 short days but not totally. I won't give up on P3D yet until FSL and other major developers will produce for MSFS, we are talking year to many years from 18/8/2020, another developer mentioned last week that their first product for MSFS will be released, probably 1st or 2nd quarterter 2021 3rd or even 4th wont be a surprise. 

My best guess P3D will win second place with a close competition with XP in months or years to come.

Eric Fisher
On 8/8/2020 at 8:06 AM, Koen Meier said:

I really don't expect much from them after the 18th when no NDA's are in place. To date, I think FSL and QW are the only two who have said nothing beyond, "looking into it". 

• Like 1
David Murden

If you know me, you will know I pretty much don't fly anything else but the FSL, but I have a confession to make, living here in the UK and watching this video makes me want to .....dare I say it....put the FSL aside for some time and do flights like this. This is a short fight but its breathtaking.

Don't watch it, its like turning to the dark-side :D The weather...the lighting...the views......omg..its another world.

• Like 2
Alaa Riad
9 minutes ago, David Murden said:

If you know me, you will know I pretty much don't fly anything else but the FSL, but I have a confession to make, living here in the UK and watching this video makes me want to .....dare I say it....put the FSL aside for some time and do flights like this. This is a short fight but its breathtaking.

Don't watch it, its like turning to the dark-side :D The weather...the lighting...the views......omg..its another world.

David .....How could you say that !!!!!!  Looks awesome though, hopefully, at the 18th I will let my birds rest at the hanger and start low level and slow flying over Cairo, but don't tell anyone please.......

Other thing, He was complaining of not locating edinburgh castle but I think I sawit at 7:50 or something only missing central building ?

• Like 1
David Murden
4 minutes ago, Alaa Riad said:

David .....How could you say that !!!!!!  Looks awesome though, hopefully, at the 18th I will let my birds rest at the hanger and start low level and slow flying over Cairo, but don't tell anyone please.......

Other thing, He was complaining of not locating edinburgh castle but I think I sawit at 7:50 or something only missing central building ?

I know I feel terrible saying it, :unsure:

I will keep your secret safe Alaa ;)

Heinz Zimmerbauer
On 8/8/2020 at 1:52 PM, Tomáš Pokorný said:

I totally agree Tomáš Pokorný:

We, the customers, have a right to know in which direction the things in which we have invested our money will develop in the future. It would be important to find out whether we should continue to invest in add-ons for PREPAR3D (today) or whether we should wait for a possible Microsoft variant. the reference to existing NDA's is not valid - Flightsimlabs does not have to reveal any details about the Flight Simulator itself but only inform its (paying) customers whether there will be a future development for the Flight Simulator or not (as countless other manufacturers do) . Customers can then decide for themselves whether they want to continue investing in the PREPAR3D variant or prefer to wait for the Flight Simulator variant. But all we got so far is: "... we have been carefully aligning our business to explore all possibilities the new sim will allow ...". If there is no development for the Microsoft Flight Simulator in the foreseeable future, clear information to customers would be fair..

• Like 1
John Barnes

It's not an investment. It's a purchase. You have what you paid for.

You have the roadmap we prepared. When and IF the developers have anything to say, they will say it and no amount of pushing will change their minds.

This is not an official statement by FSL.

• Like 7
Norman Blackburn

@Heinz Zimmerbauer

I believe you have confused the word wish with the word right.  You and others have a wish to know. 

Its like if I buy a new car.  It doesn't give me any more right to know of the manufacturers plans or deicde which after market add on I buy.

Like John has replied, mine is also my own words as a fellow simmer.  When the time comes I am sure we will hear things in an official capacity.   

• Like 3
Holger Teutsch

To make it precise: You have not even bought it.
You have an "right to use“. Look up the license agreement.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3 mit Tapatalk

• Like 1
Stu Antonio

My feeling is, that every official statement form FLS is legit, well concieved and trustworthy. Sure, some timeframes are open to interpretation :) but I can't remember one announcement of a feature etc. that didn't live up to the expectation once it came out. So let them evaluate the options properly and carefully. I'm sure they only have our satisfaction in mind... 

• Like 1
Christoph Sebek

Keep calm, carry on, good things take a while. And everyone who is using FSLabs products, knows, it will be worth the wait. :D

Reminds me, where is the A319 for V5? :blink::lol:

• Like 1
Koen Meier
3 minutes ago, Christoph Sebek said:

Keep calm, carry on, good things take a while. And everyone who is using FSLabs products, knows, it will be worth the wait. :D

Reminds me, where is the A319 for V5? :blink::lol:

Not on the approach radar I believe.:D

Edited by Koen Meier
Christoph Sebek
3 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

Not on the approach radar I believe.:D

Must have gone around. :unsure:

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Christoph Sebek said:

Must have gone around. :unsure:

I think they are still in some area control center. 

Christoph Sebek
Just now, Koen Meier said:

I think they are still in some area control center. 

Deeply inside the dung...hangar. <_<^_^

One (A319) reason why I still kept 4.5 HF3 installed. :ph34r:

David Reage
On 8/11/2020 at 5:51 AM, Heinz Zimmerbauer said:

We, the customers, have a right to know in which direction the things in which we have invested our money will develop in the future.

I wouldn’t say we have any rights or entitlements.  However it would sure be a nice sign of respect for the customer base to say something.  

• Like 1
Robert Sutherland
11 minutes ago, David Reage said:

I wouldn’t say we have any rights or entitlements.  However it would sure be a nice sign of respect for the customer base to say something.  

What if FSLabs haven’t yet fully assessed what creating for MSFS would require, in terms of resource, and where it fits into their pipeline of products?

I appreciate that other businesses have committed. But not all. And even fewer in any major detail. 

• Like 1
Tomáš Pokorný
42 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

What if FSLabs haven’t yet fully assessed what creating for MSFS would require, in terms of resource, and where it fits into their pipeline of products?

I appreciate that other businesses have committed. But not all. And even fewer in any major detail. 

One of very few direct competitors of FsLabs has commited with very specific details :-)

I don't like this attitude that "they don't owe me anything".. I mean, in my company, I don't hesitate to go out of my comfort zone if it's necessary to please my customers. I have very high standards in customer care. So maybe that's why I'm amazed by this silence... I just wouldn't do it to my customers.

• Like 4
Koen Meier

But what constitutes a competitor: same aircraft or same market. The aircraft can be the same but the attracted market is vastly different.

• Like 1
Tomáš Pokorný
Just now, Koen Meier said:

But what constitutes a competitor: same aircraft or same market. The aircraft can be the same but the attracted market is vastly different.

I think that you know which competitor I'm talking about. Can't name them because it's not allowed here.

I'm pretty sure that the market is the same. Many people have purchased from both companies, including me, for similar purpose. I'm not talking about Airbus :-)

• Like 1
Robert Sutherland
8 hours ago, Tomáš Pokorný said:

One of very few direct competitors of FsLabs has commited with very specific details :-)

I don't like this attitude that "they don't owe me anything".. I mean, in my company, I don't hesitate to go out of my comfort zone if it's necessary to please my customers. I have very high standards in customer care. So maybe that's why I'm amazed by this silence... I just wouldn't do it to my customers.

'I appreciate that other businesses have committed...'

PMDG have. I'm aware. They've also said that they don't expect their 737 to be ready for release until Q4 of this year or Q1 of next. What kind of announcement do you expect FSLabs to make, that they're all in? That they are going to release all their products for MSFS? What if they can't make that commitment yet because they don't actually know the scale of the changes needed? It seems pretty clear from other developers that the full SDK isn't released yet. 

As far as I'm aware, other developers haven't made commitments yet. Leonardo haven't about their FlyTheMaddogX product. CaptainSim haven't about theirs. Majestic haven't about their Q400 and QualityWings haven't about their 787. I appreciate that PMDG are first to take the leap, but they aren't the standard bearer here. 

As for 'they don't owe me anything' -- I'm not arguing that they don't. I'm arguing that FSLabs have always made announcements as and when they're ready to. They have done with all their products and I'm sure MSFS compatibility will be no different. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Christoph Sebek

On certain plattforms, I have read that FSL is under several NDA‘s which do not allow them - simply - to hand out any information whatsoever.

Only they themselves know what is written inside these NDA‘s, maybe they are different compared to other developers.

If they could, they would inform us if there is anything to inform us about.

We can only speculate but I am quite confident to see FSLabs inside MSFS one day or another.

Only time will tell. And patience and understanding is something that truly lacks this community. Over decades...

• Like 1
Karl Brooker
2 hours ago, Christoph Sebek said:

On certain plattforms, I have read that FSL is under several NDA‘s which do not allow them - simply - to hand out any information whatsoever.

Only they themselves know what is written inside these NDA‘s, maybe they are different compared to other developers.

If they could, they would inform us if there is anything to inform us about.

We can only speculate but I am quite confident to see FSLabs inside MSFS one day or another.

Only time will tell. And patience and understanding is something that truly lacks this community. Over decades...

One would hope that Microsoft are treating all developers with equal respect, and not imposing different restrictions or access levels per-developer - that would be counter-productive to their message  of getting all third-party devs onboard as much as they could, and certainly something that would make me question Microsoft's (or even Asobo's) integrity and ultimate goals for the MSFS platform.

Søren Dissing
23 minutes ago, Karl Brooker said:

... something that would make me question Microsoft's (or even Asobo's) integrity and ultimate goals for the MSFS platform.

Exactly. For the moment I refer to next week's release as Microsoft Sightseeing Flight Simulator ;-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1
Robert Sutherland
3 hours ago, Jerad Burns said:

Even the possibility that FSLabs hasn't begun production on a MSFS Airbus really bums me out... 

Well, as it stands, their workload looks something like this: 

A319 - update to P3D v5. 

Sharklets - release for P3D v4 and v5. 

I'm sure they're looking at what is needed but again, few aircraft developers have committed resources to it yet. Leonardo for example have said they're a) taking a summer holiday from working on products, and b) they can't even give an update as they don't yet know what tools MSFS will have for them to work with as the SDK isn't released in its entirety yet. 

Developers have essentially explained that this shift from P3D to MSFS is akin to moving from P3D to Xplane. It won't be easy and it won't be quick. 

• Thanks 1
Alaa Riad

Not all of them Sir, if you like a good sightseeing experience with all the landmarks you are familiar with, ORBX announced 9 MSFS compatible products to buy to a very low 10-20$ each or so ........Still to come more and more products to buy :)  until FSL is ready in a year or two :)

I pre-ordered MSFS already just to support the industry :)  

Robert Sutherland
9 minutes ago, Alaa Riad said:

Not all of them Sir, if you like a good sightseeing experience with all the landmarks you are familiar with, ORBX announced 9 MSFS compatible products to buy to a very low 10-20$ each or so ........Still to come more and more products to buy :)  until FSL is ready in a year or two :)

I pre-ordered MSFS already just to support the industry :)  

There's seemingly quite a big difference between scenery development and aircraft development. 

• Like 1
Christoph Sebek
1 hour ago, Karl Brooker said:

One would hope that Microsoft are treating all developers with equal respect, and not imposing different restrictions or access levels per-developer - that would be counter-productive to their message  of getting all third-party devs onboard as much as they could, and certainly something that would make me question Microsoft's (or even Asobo's) integrity and ultimate goals for the MSFS platform.

That‘s true though. But as long as FSLabs are not able to distribute any information to anyone of us, it‘s a given fact. I believe, if they could, they would. Maybe there will be a big bang on the 18th, who knows. ^_^

Steve Ruiz
On 8/11/2020 at 3:19 AM, John Barnes said:

It's not an investment. It's a purchase. You have what you paid for.

I wish this statement was in big bold font at the top of every single flightsim related website or forum.

This is arguably the smartest comment I've ever seen posted here.

• Like 4
Holger Teutsch

Now that I found the old FSX intro music in my alpha copy I will buy it definitely (standard).

• Haha 2
Christoph Sebek
5 minutes ago, Holger Teutsch said:

Now that I found the old FSX intro music in my alpha copy I will buy it definitely (standard).

Yeah nice "easter egg" to see them include this iconic music. ^_^

Timm Rehberg
3 hours ago, Phil Tereny said:

Depending on your current location it's already out.;)

I doubt the A319-X is somewhere on the world already out :P
Of course except of those beta testers!! :ph34r::lol:

• Haha 1
  • Norman Blackburn locked this topic