FSlabs in MSFS2020

Richard Partridge

David Porrett
1 hour ago, valson bezerril said:

it could be the end for prepar and x plane

Why the need to celebrate a perceived "end" to other platforms? I'll be waiting with P3D to see how all of this develops. I believe very much that when things are too good to be true, they usually are.

• Like 2
  • Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Koen Meier

• David Murden

• Timm Rehberg

• Christoph Sebek

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.flightsimulator.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-set-for-launch-on-august-18-for-pc-also-with-xbox-game-pass-for-pc-beta/ Should we start another hype?

The A320 Neo is good enough for now. You can do full flights with it, and its super easy to set up a flight plan in the menu lol.  Honestly gonna have a lot of fun with it until FSLabs helps us out wi

It's a VFR revolution for sure, I  made one flight with the diamond plane, the feel of the plane is different,  although I never flew an actual plane it felt right if you know what I mean specially wi

David Gray

I agree.  I've said it earlier today somewhere else.  I'll be apply the simple principle, "Look before I leap".  

• Like 1
Jeff Nielsen
1 hour ago, David Gray said:

I agree.  I've said it earlier today somewhere else.  I'll be apply the simple principle, "Look before I leap".  

You must be new to flight sim...why would you do that??  hehe.:D

• Like 1
Jerad Burns
8 hours ago, David Gray said:

I still can't get fully behind MSFS until they can replicate all 4 seasons.  

Welcome to finally being fully onboard!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Darien Barnes
7 hours ago, valson bezerril said:

Wowooo this price is cheaper than other sims ,it could be the end for prepar and x plane

I doubt that. Just another competitor as of right now.. It's gonna need a lot of time. Not sure with everyone selling beta's these days.

• Like 1
John Barnes

I think another platform spells the end of my beta testing and support here at FSL. 

• Haha 4
Jacob Stolz

I went for Standard too, but with the Xbox Game Pass. It only costs 4€ a month, so its a good budget to lurk into the new sim. If its keeps its promises I will upgrade to the Deluxe version.

So for everyone interested in the new sim and dont want to spend a full version, get the Xbox Game Pass :)

Andreas Adalian

I will certainly wait with MSFS2020 until my beloved FSLabs A3XX are available for MSFS2020. I'm sure it will happen and we will learn more about such a release soon.

Alaa Riad

Hello, I was not following much, did FSL announced developing their birds to FS2020? or not. I mean officially and not speculations ?

Koen Meier
Just now, Alaa Riad said:

Hello, I was not following much, did FSL announced developing their birds to FS2020? or not. I mean officially and not speculations ?

no the only information we have is from last year news update in june.

"

"Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020" (working title)

We were very happy to read the announcement of the new Microsoft Flight Simulator platform (which most now affectionately call "MSFS 2020"). It signals the return of one of the most prolific products that our good friends in Redmond have developed and we are all very excited to take a preview look into what looks to be technologies bringing the simulated world to a new level of immersion. We've seen the same previews as you have and they are certainly breathtaking! We cannot, however, provide any details or answer any questions about "MSFS 2020" at the present time, other than to say that our excitement about this next version is the same as yours!

"

i suspect we might get more information soon.

• Like 1
Alaa Riad
14 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

no the only information we have is from last year news update in june.

"

"Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020" (working title)

We were very happy to read the announcement of the new Microsoft Flight Simulator platform (which most now affectionately call "MSFS 2020"). It signals the return of one of the most prolific products that our good friends in Redmond have developed and we are all very excited to take a preview look into what looks to be technologies bringing the simulated world to a new level of immersion. We've seen the same previews as you have and they are certainly breathtaking! We cannot, however, provide any details or answer any questions about "MSFS 2020" at the present time, other than to say that our excitement about this next version is the same as yours!

"

i suspect we might get more information soon.

Thanks Koen

Robert Sutherland

Just to manage some expectations, it sounds like there's a significant difference in the SDK between P3D and MSFS, meaning those changes have to be worked into any port. When you consider the depth of detail FSLabs go to, that isn't likely to be a quick fix. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Eric Fisher

August 18, 2020, the day Vatsim traffic dries up to a trickle. I sure hope the SDK allows third party multiplayer software.

• Haha 1
Antti Salo

Needless to say, I’m excited.

Excited we are finally getting a sim that isn’t 1999 technology patched with duct tape and bubble gum year after year. 

Excited we are finally getting a sim that doesn’t look like FS9.

Excited we are finally getting a sim where the most important element of flying - the atmosphere - and all its quirks are realistically modelled (though I do have to give X-Plane some credit on that!).

But probably most excited that we are getting a sim where we (hopefully) no more need separate addons for assigning hardware controls, weather injection, cloud/sky textures, landclass, terrain, AI traffic, cameras, shaders and online flying. (And then wonder which one caused the CTD)

But the thing is... To this day I have yet to see a Microsoft product that hasn’t been at least somewhat a disappointment. It looks like this one has potential to be the first, but I’m not getting my hopes too high yet. Like many others here, I’m gonna give it a few months and ”look before I leap”.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 7
Koen Meier

On avsim a user calculated the costs of the scenery based on current high end versions for p3d and in some cases xp11 was used as p3d didn’t have the scenery.  If the included quality is on par with current high end scenery addons the premium deluxe will be a good deal.

Danny Moore
August 18, 2020, the day Vatsim traffic dries up to a trickle. I sure hope the SDK allows third party multiplayer software.

I seriously doubt that VATSIM traffic will dry up. It will be awhile before third party add-ons are ready. Also it seems a lot of folks are expecting 2020 to be all that on release day. Can’t wait for the reviews on for those who haven’t used it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
William Hudson
4 minutes ago, Danny Moore said:

I seriously doubt that VATSIM traffic will dry up. It will be awhile before third party add-ons are ready. Also it seems a lot of folks are expecting 2020 to be all that on release day. Can’t wait for the reviews on for those who haven’t used it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I concur. also I don’t see what all the hype is about honestly. I’m rather happy with P3D and the AMAZING FSLabs A32X series, I couldn’t of dreamed of such a simulation 10 years ago, I certainly have no compulsion to up sticks in the near future... 

• Like 3
David Reage

I’ll be a day 1 customer for premium.  Well probably more like day -2 so it has time to preload before release.  The list of airliner friendly airports that are not included in the standard version are just too good to pass up IMHO.  

I’m not going to say that I will delete P3Dv5 or anything like that just yet, it’s far too early to tell.  P3Dv5 for me is the best flight simming experience I’ve had so far.  There is a good chance though that once all of the major addons make their way to MSFS I could be down to a single civilian simulator.  I uninstalled X-Plane already to make room for MSFS and frankly because i haven't flown it in ages.

Svyetoslav Kobelyev
19 hours ago, Jerad Burns said:

Welcome to finally being fully onboard!

What about spring/autumn? For now, there is green trees under voxel snow. Seasons is some another thing. 

I don't need another x-plane with xenviro.

Federico Angelino

Let’s talk about system requirements...what do you guys think about?

I mean apart from the ideal ones..recommended aren’t them way too low compared to P3D v5? GTX960..4GB VRAM..how can they handle them?

Jerad Burns
39 minutes ago, Federico Angelino said:

Let’s talk about system requirements...what do you guys think about?

I mean apart from the ideal ones..recommended aren’t them way too low compared to P3D v5? GTX960..4GB VRAM..how can they handle them?

I'm guessing its going to run pretty good and optimized. Either way you can crank your graphic settings to optimize for your specific setup. 

Filip Nowak
On 7/13/2020 at 10:32 PM, valson bezerril said:

Wowooo this price is cheaper than other sims ,it could be the end for prepar and x plane

Will take a long time to :

1/ Get VATSIM works

2/ Get probably deep deep level planes. When I was looking on YT this A320neo from MSFS2020 it was not very deep simulated from the first view.

3/ Get lots of airports

4/ Fixing

• Like 3
Steven Silva

for now I'm going to give it until I can no longer with P3Dv4 and enjoy the SHARKLETS and meanwhile FSL and my favorite developers are shaping the MSFS and it is maturing too

David Norfolk

Please remember how long it took them to port over from 32bit to 64bit. Going into MSFS is basically a new sim. These things I'd imagine will take time. Also, remember the only developers who confirmed support for MSFS is ORBX & UK2K & PMDG. I've not used the new sim however do not go in with the mindset of P3D. Enjoy it for what it is. It'll need time to grow

• Like 2
Daniel Glover
On 7/14/2020 at 4:17 AM, David Gray said:

I still can't get fully behind MSFS until they can replicate all 4 seasons.  

At the moment it seems you can have 4 seasons of a landclass world (unless you buy Orbx True Earth?) or Summer and Winter on planet Earth in MFS. Just my opinion, but I think the leap in immersion going from a fictional landscape to the actual real world landscape is way higher than having a fictional landscape with its interpretation of seasons.

Either way, they've nailed hard Winter it seems and that is probably the hardest one to get right, the more shallow alterations of an Autumn and Spring will likely follow suit.

• Like 1
Timm Rehberg

I think this will be a nice VFR Simulator for quiet some time - and we will hear and see a lot of things after the release, which is not related to what we have seen so far.
Remember the releases of P3D with v5. It wasn't out for an hour but people started already complaining that activesky, fsl, ... what ever addon wasnt compatible yet. They will jump into MSFS and see that things are missing what they are absolutely used to for now.

It seems that this could be a new generation of Flight Simulator but it will take a long journey until we will see all our beloved addons in there.

What I really dream about is, that we don´t need addons such ActiveSky, REX, ... that we have JUST ONE source, which provides all we need but also brings different sun/cloud/sky textures with it for some differences between the days.

Lets see first what the "final" product will look like as I don´t think the Alpha/Beta will ever represent the final product somehow. Fingers crossed!

Timm Rehberg
7 hours ago, Daniel Glover said:

At the moment it seems you can have 4 seasons of a landclass world (unless you buy Orbx True Earth?) or Summer and Winter on planet Earth in MFS. Just my opinion, but I think the leap in immersion going from a fictional landscape to the actual real world landscape is way higher than having a fictional landscape with its interpretation of seasons.

Either way, they've nailed hard Winter it seems and that is probably the hardest one to get right, the more shallow alterations of an Autumn and Spring will likely follow suit.

What if they automatically detect the "trees" and replace them by seasonal trees such fall/spring ones automatically?
Like how they automatically detect the trees on the photoreal material and place "autogen" trees on it. 

David Murden

It might take time to see FSL etc but it looks like we will not need AS, MSFS users 60 layer for weather not 5. No need for a weather engine. No orbx OLC textures, No need for cloud textures. 

Let's wait and see but thinking of it in terms of needing Orbx, AS, REX, EVENSHADE etc are all things in the past. Think airports mainly, even then look at the default ones look like a huge set up from P3D default airports.

This is a new start, forget what we normally need to try to make P3D look great, not need this is a new world.

P3D v5 looks nothing like this and this will not crash due to VRAM and who needs DX12 when DX11 looks this good.

Goto 6:23 and think what this will be like when that Airbus is a FSL. WOW

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
David Murden
19 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

types but only the generation of the clouds. 

Yes and the scope of that is huge. No AS can make the sky like you can see in MSFS. Nor how the winds etc act over the aircraft surfacers like nothing we have seen before. Also how the winds act around mountains/hills etc, a new world. 

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, David Murden said:

Yes and the scope of that is huge. No AS can make the sky like you can see in MSFS. Nor how the winds etc act over the aircraft surfacers like nothing we have seen before. Also how the winds act around mountains/hills etc, a new world. 

that is very much true. 

Endrit Palushi
On 7/13/2020 at 11:33 PM, David Porrett said:

I believe very much that when things are too good to be true, they usually are.

Tbh I wouldn't expect anything less than what we have seen so far from a "2020" flight simulator. Having had P3D and XPlane as the leading platforms for flight simming for so long has meant that our standards have been quite limited.

David Gray

For those of us who like to simulate airline flight we are probably seeing our long term simulator. But I firmly believe it won’t be the short term one. The marketing material looks great. And it’s designed to. I’ve seen a lot of msfs and I still think at this time their are actually some aspects of v5 that are superior. It’s going to be quite some time though. To me this new simulator will be very similar to every other new simulator I’ve bought in the past. I’ll buy it and put it to the side. Then eventually get there. 

Alaa Riad
15 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

On avsim a user calculated the costs of the scenery based on current high end versions for p3d and in some cases xp11 was used as p3d didn’t have the scenery.  If the included quality is on par with current high end scenery addons the premium deluxe will be a good deal.

To tell you the truth, I moved to P3D December 2018, my first version was 4.3, the only thing that made a difference for me was the 64 bit technology.

On the other hand I am very  very disappointed with P3D, seeing the same errors and CTDs that used to happen with FSX, no development, to get the feel I need I have to get aircrafts, sceneries, airports, ATC,  AI traffic, weather, clouds, trees, textures, Nav information, route builders, performance caculters, you name it 

After all that I land at an international airports (defaut) such as EDDF, to find it  missing runways or with wrong ILS frequencies and so on ah, with ATC that does not recognize SIDs and STARSs 

So let's hope that FS2020 will be better .

Stu Antonio

What's the advantage of pre-ordering (the download version) again? 

• Thanks 1
Eric Fisher

Well, Gary from UK2000 let it be known yesterday that the SDK for MSFS2020 is no where near ready and he was actually surprised at the release date. Doesn't sound like the SDK is forthcoming anytime soon. So addon's will be I think a long time before they come. 

Koen Meier
5 minutes ago, Eric Fisher said:

Well, Gary from UK2000 let it be known yesterday that the SDK for MSFS2020 is no where near ready and he was actually surprised at the release date. Doesn't sound like the SDK is forthcoming anytime soon. So addon's will be I think a long time before they come. 

another dev stated that the curretn sdk isnt good enough for them.

Dave Smith
19 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Nothing, nada, diddly, zip.

Other than the warm glow of thinking you're on the cutting edge of a game changing, revolutionary thingy ma bob :D

Holger Teutsch
You secure your slot in the download queue.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3 mit Tapatalk

Karl Brooker

One can pre-download the game it seems, but obviously can't launch it until release day.

Daniel Glover
12 hours ago, David Gray said:

For those of us who like to simulate airline flight we are probably seeing our long term simulator. But I firmly believe it won’t be the short term one. The marketing material looks great. And it’s designed to. I’ve seen a lot of msfs and I still think at this time their are actually some aspects of v5 that are superior. It’s going to be quite some time though. To me this new simulator will be very similar to every other new simulator I’ve bought in the past. I’ll buy it and put it to the side. Then eventually get there. 

Agreed, as a platform I can say it's more or less there. It just needs a good choice of great aircraft, which like you said will take time. Especially since the SDK isn't finished yet.

João Silva
On 7/15/2020 at 4:46 PM, Karl Brooker said:

One can pre-download the game it seems, but obviously can't launch it until release day.

Just the client. About 200 mb if i remember... 

Richard Partridge
On 7/15/2020 at 11:07 AM, David Murden said:

Totally agree. Not that I'm a tester but from the publicly available pics and videos, cloud formation looks absolutely stunning and incredibly realistic. Clouds evolve realistically with time. Furthermore, the fact that they will be using a global model (NEMS) to inject all the weather parameters will mean highly realistic weather in all areas. How can a metar possibly provide information on cloud layers above an overcast ceiling!

I can not wait for realistic depiction of frontal cloud layers! Imagine climbing or descending through these in the bus! :)

• Like 1
Holger Teutsch

Be aware that they only post the stunning screenshots.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3 mit Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Norman Blackburn locked this topic