Thrustmaster Airbus Throttle

Chris Frasure

Patrick Houghton

I am having the same issue. 

NON-FSUIPC User. 

Got axis set up but engine master, crank, and other buttons don't work with fslabs. 

Can set them correctly through addons-FSLabs-Input Commands interface but do not function in sim.

No quadrant button is assigned to any action in p3d controls. 

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross McDonagh

• Chris Frasure

• Roland Schwarz

• Lefteris Kalamaras

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Chris - we’re working with Thrustmaster. More will be announced at a later date.

Idle reverse is tricky, to be honest since owning the TCA Quadrant I’ve only been using full reverse. It’s a minor negative point to the added immersion the unit brings. For myself, someone who hasn’t

For everyone interested, here is what might be the first TCA Throttle shown in a review. Although its Chinese you get some good first impressions:  

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Patrick Houghton said:

I am having the same issue. 

NON-FSUIPC User. 

Got axis set up but engine master, crank, and other buttons don't work with fslabs. 

Can set them correctly through addons-FSLabs-Input Commands interface but do not function in sim.

No quadrant button is assigned to any action in p3d controls. 

I am not sure if you need  FSUIPC for buttons did you try the Direct Input method. But for proper calibration i guess FSUIPC is a need otherweise i couldnt get my levers to IDLE position.

Camille MOUCHEL

the throttle are out of stock everywhere, where will it be available again ?

Roland Schwarz

Hi Enzio, I copy the button lines into the FSUPIC. ini, but it doesn´t work. I send you the ini. data below. In wich line I have to pase the button lines?

Roland

FSUIPC5.ini

Peter Hastings
2 hours ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

the throttle are out of stock everywhere, where will it be available again ?

It's not looking good according to Thrustmaster's Twitter feed: '...it will take a few months to keep up for serving all over-ordered units globally of the TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition and TCA Officer Pack Airbus Edition. We will keep you posted.'

Roland Schwarz

Hi, I do now all the thinks, that Herbert told us and the throttle works well without FSUIPC. But the Buttons for IGN and the ENG Master switches are still not working. What can I do?

Roland

James Walker

Has anyone else noticed/got the issue with the throttle not staying put?

If I'm not using the detents on another aircraft, as I let go of the throttle it moves ever so slightly back rather than keeping the position I've advanced it to - particularly annoying when trying to set a specific power setting.

Ezio Cingolani
On 11/5/2020 at 4:58 PM, Roland Schwarz said:

Hi Enzio, I copy the button lines into the FSUPIC. ini, but it doesn´t work. I send you the ini. data below. In wich line I have to pase the button lines?

Roland

FSUIPC5.ini 9.33 kB · 7 downloads

Hi Roland, 

from the attached file I see you have 2 profiles for FSLabs aircraft, one is profile.a320 and the other one is profile.FSL, and different aircraft are assigned to each profile. I see that you have copied the button lines in the “buttons.FSL” section of the Profile.FSL only but not in the other profile, so depending on which aircraft you test the operation of the Engine Master Switches you may not see any result. I would use just one profile for the whole FSLabs fleet. It is correct to copy the additional lines in the “buttons” section of the profile.

The throttle quadrant identifier (0) is correct, so it should work. 

Good luck..!

Ezio

Bob Zolto

I just noticed that Amazon US has the Airbus throttle available for delivery by Nov. 13-18 for $225.  Every place else asays the throttle is out of stock, but price is around $90 depending on where you buy it.  So someone has stock and is price gouging.

Lefteris Kalamaras
1 hour ago, emjay rains said:

Thanks for referring me to this thread Lefteris. However none of this works since I have FSX for Steam and not P3D.

There is no update to support the TCA Quadrant in FSX directly - the update was for P3D v4/v5.

emjay rains
On 11/7/2020 at 2:09 PM, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

There is no update to support the TCA Quadrant in FSX directly - the update was for P3D v4/v5.

I figured it out using FSUIPC4. Got the detents working perfectly in FSXSE. No way to map the buttons but it's way more fun using the thrust levers now with and without Autothrust.

Rishabh Naidu
On 11/6/2020 at 8:26 PM, Roland Schwarz said:

Hi, I do now all the thinks, that Herbert told us and the throttle works well without FSUIPC. But the Buttons for IGN and the ENG Master switches are still not working. What can I do?

Roland

I have same problem..

ENG-1

Reverse Throttle doesn't work;

Rishabh Naidu

Recently received TCA-Airbus Throttle Quadrant;

I am using p3dv5, unfortunately following does not work in FSL, in-spite of following various suggestions of FSL forum;

1. ENG 1 switch - Not working

2. Throttle levers - Not working

3. Reverse Thrust levers - Not working 

Thrustmaster service team have confirmed that their hardware is working perfectly through 'Joy.cpl", and requested me to contact FSL to fix the bug;

It has been more than 3 days.. no response or acknowledgement from FSL to address the above three issues;

Request FSL forum to actively participate in getting solution from FSL;

Thanks

Rishabh

Stu Antonio

There is a huge topic about that, just a few lines below. Maybe this helps.

Edited by Norman Blackburn
Merged
Koen Meier
3 minutes ago, Guillaume Leportier said:

Hi,

Does anybody know why when I set TOGA it changes the view to next category ?

Many Thanks,

Guillaume

you  might want to check key assignments in the p3d control settings. this is the first place i would look when a button misbehaves

Michael Petersen

Wow 7 pages, just ordered it last week , hopefully just plug and play in v5 ha ha .

Step by step guide and Something with remembering having engines running during throttle setup? 

Thanks Michael Moe

Fokko Drijver

Well, I assigned the throttles via FSUIPC (as throttle), everything is working normally now but the AP disconnects contstantly. When disconnecting the quadrant bij unplugging, AP is working normally again.......

What a disaster......

After cheking assignments in FSUIPC, I found that elevator trim up/down were assigend to the engine fuel switches. After deleting these assignments, AP connects!

Edited by Fokko Drijver
Solution?
Sam Cooper

Very frustrating setup! I keep getting 'OUT OF RANGE' when trying to set the throttle settings in the MCDU! Is there a way to force it to auto configure again? 

Sam Cooper
2 hours ago, Sam Cooper said:

Very frustrating setup! I keep getting 'OUT OF RANGE' when trying to set the throttle settings in the MCDU! Is there a way to force it to auto configure again? 

Think it is now working, I just don't understand the virtual buttons setting, seems to make the throttles change the view and move the gear! 

Norman Blackburn
1 hour ago, Sam Cooper said:

Think it is now working, I just don't understand the virtual buttons setting, seems to make the throttles change the view and move the gear! 

100% this will be down to your already having assignments made.

Peter Hastings

I think I understand the frustrations of of the posters here, but I'm envious of their TCA Quadrant!!  I'm still waiting for mine - and it looks like it could arrive in late December at the earliest :huh:

I don't know how it might be organised or coordinated, but it could be a very useful resource if a step by step guide was to be produced for FSL users in P3D to get the best out of the Thrustmaster Quadrant (perhaps with and without a FSUIPC licence?).   This should include guidance on duplicate key/button assignments and how to identify and remove.

Maybe us users could do this rather than FSL?  I'd be happy to contribute - when I receive the hardware!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
Chris Frasure

When I require TOGA on departure and pull back to CLB the gear extends.  I, for the life of me cannot find the control input for this.  Any suggestions on where and what to look for?

Chris

Norman Blackburn
46 minutes ago, Chris Frasure said:

When I require TOGA on departure and pull back to CLB the gear extends.  I, for the life of me cannot find the control input for this.  Any suggestions on where and what to look for?

Do you have FSUIPC?  if so rename FSUIPC6.ini to FSUIPC6.old

Does it still happen?  If so then we can discount FSUIPC however lets leave it also for now.

Look to your P3D settings.  Look to Gear.  How is it assigned? Look at both keys and axis.

When done dont forget to rename FSUIPC6.old back to FSUIPC6.ini

Chris Frasure
26 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Do you have FSUIPC?  if so rename FSUIPC6.ini to FSUIPC6.old

Does it still happen?  If so then we can discount FSUIPC however lets leave it also for now.

Look to your P3D settings.  Look to Gear.  How is it assigned? Look at both keys and axis.

When done dont forget to rename FSUIPC6.old back to FSUIPC6.ini

Yep, I have 6.  I don’t use if for controls.  I will give it a try, thanks Norman,

Chris

Ezio Cingolani
50 minutes ago, Chris Frasure said:

Yep, I have 6.  I don’t use if for controls.  I will give it a try, thanks Norman,

Chris

I use FSUIPC to configure all my axis, buttons and key assignment, and to avoid situations like the one you are experiencing now (It happened to me years ago and it drove me mad) one thing I always do when I install any new version of P3D is to a) disable controllers in P3D-Controls menu, and b) delete ALL the P3D default assignments, both keys and axes, (apart from some basic keys such as Esc, Pause, or FPS view...) from P3D menu. For sure it takes a few minutes the first time, but it prevents wasting a lot of time later. Not strictly related to this topic, but doing in this way you also prevent conflicts with any camera view software (Ezdok or CP) by removing P3D key assignments for views. Anyway, Norman's suggestion above is obviously the first thing to do now.

Ezio 

• Like 1
Ross McDonagh
16 hours ago, Peter Hastings said:

I'm still waiting for mine - and it looks like it could arrive in late December at the earliest :huh:

Same here, pre ordered in July from Microsoft-no movement on it at all since the release date.  They said “1-2 weeks” two weeks ago....   Can’t wait to get this even if it takes a bit of setup.  Proper Airbus throttles that have been available thus far have always been completely out of my reach price wise and now here’s Thrustmaster with a full Airbus setup....  I wanted it yesterday :P

Peter Hastings
3 hours ago, Ross McDonagh said:

Same here, pre ordered in July from Microsoft-no movement on it at all since the release date.  They said “1-2 weeks” two weeks ago....   Can’t wait to get this even if it takes a bit of setup.  Proper Airbus throttles that have been available thus far have always been completely out of my reach price wise and now here’s Thrustmaster with a full Airbus setup....  I wanted it yesterday :P

The UK Thrustmaster web shop says availability on 22 December and Amazon UK says the release date is 31 December.  But who knows?

Ross McDonagh
20 minutes ago, Peter Hastings said:

The UK Thrustmaster web shop says availability on 22 December and Amazon UK says the release date is 31 December.  But who knows?

At least you’re getting something from Thrustmaster.  They haven’t told Microsoft anything.  

Goncalo Goncalves

Does anyone know how I can make FSLabs trigger the auto-config prompt for the TCA quadrant? I'm having issues with the quadrant and other add-ons and while troubleshooting I ended up messing the configuration.

Thanks!

Ross McDonagh

Got my throttle up and running with minimal fuss.

1. installed ThrustMaster drivers 

2. installed TARGET software 

3. Restarted 

3a. FSL Configuration ran on my startup-all buttons working as advertised-eng master/ign select/AT DISC 

4.  Was having an issue with the right throttle being far forward of the left throttle. 

5. Messed with detent settings... 

6. Restarted computer-tested things out-right throttle was in a better spot.  

6a. I deactivated the axes and buttons in P3D (TO/GA or FLX detent was set to view change somehow)  

7. Assigned and Calibrated thrust levers in FSUIPC... 

8. Played around with detent settings a bunch more-during this I got it working halfway decently.  

9. Flew a quick test takeoff/landing.  

Some thoughts:

-Getting EVEN manual thrust is somewhat difficult because the two axes are sending slightly different values at the same position and there’s not a ton of manual thrust range to play with.  

-With that being said, I may put the crossbar in and try another calibration-any tips anyone has for getting EVEN thrust would be greatly appreciated!  My thrust is 1.5-3% N1 off from right to left with the right throttle being a touch behind in the manual range.  

E8449A0D-05E1-475C-8D62-C0BA12841972.jpeg

36ACE8A8-C871-4DC5-B8B8-D6B158B63B0C.jpeg

A_ndré_F_olkers

Update to the latest firmware that should solve a lot of issues, at least that was what I read.

Waiting for my set to arrive over 12 days :blink:

Ross McDonagh
2 hours ago, A_ndré_F_olkers said:

Update to the latest firmware that should solve a lot of issues, at least that was what I read.

Waiting for my set to arrive over 12 days :blink:

Is there an upgrade other than the original from the TM page that I woulda downloaded yesterday??

A_ndré_F_olkers
21 hours ago, Ross McDonagh said:

Is there an upgrade other than the original from the TM page that I woulda downloaded yesterday??

Could be, I have to wait a few more days before testing :rolleyes:

Ross McDonagh
On 11/15/2020 at 5:56 PM, Peter Hastings said:

I don't know how it might be organised or coordinated, but it could be a very useful resource if a step by step guide was to be produced for FSL users in P3D to get the best out of the Thrustmaster Quadrant (perhaps with and without a FSUIPC licence?).   This should include guidance on duplicate key/button assignments and how to identify and remove.

This ^^ +1000 I still have a few issues with detents being wonky and not as reliable as I’d like.  I have to jiggle the levers in the climb detent to get them to “climb” without LVR ASYM or MAN THR warnings...  My flex detent is sort of alright-but it’s very sensitive and can jump into TOGA if I’m not super careful about it.   The most frustrating thing is that the manual thrust is tough to equalize. It can sometimes be off by 4-6% which is enough to cause some adverse yaw effect in the air/turning on the ground.  

On 11/15/2020 at 5:06 PM, Norman Blackburn said:

100% this will be down to your already having assignments made.

Norman-this throttle “assigned itself” to gear/flaps/axes/buttons in P3D-for both slew and normal modes on its plugin that was in addition to the FSLabs configuration running.

I deleted the view cycle/axes/button assignments in P3D and it seems to be working properly now.  

For everyone else having issues: 

I have the throttles set thru FSUIPC->Send to Throttle 1/2in P3D-not the calibrate thru FSUIPC 

My FSUIPC is connected to all my FSLabs A/C under simply “A320” I’ll post the ini if it helps people-please let me know if you’d like a copy. 

I’m debating changing the Fire Test buttons to APU Master/Start-I realized there is no LED in the throttle (unless I missed an input) and I feel since I need the APU buttons before taxi and after landing to get the APU going they may serve my needs better.  I’ll update with progress on that after my flight today.  

Michael Petersen

Is TARGET a must/ recommended?

I see on their site there is driver+firmware installation 

Michael Moe

Ezio Cingolani
14 hours ago, Ross McDonagh said:

For everyone else having issues: 

I have the throttles set thru FSUIPC->Send to Throttle 1/2in P3D-not the calibrate thru FSUIPC 

My FSUIPC is connected to all my FSLabs A/C under simply “A320” I’ll post the ini if it helps people-please let me know if you’d like a copy. 

I have the throttles set thru FSUIPC but using the "Calibrate thru FSUIPC" and it is working very well, without even the need of a calibration. I guess it shouldn't make much difference choosing either option.

14 hours ago, Ross McDonagh said:

This ^^ +1000 I still have a few issues with detents being wonky and not as reliable as I’d like.  I have to jiggle the levers in the climb detent to get them to “climb” without LVR ASYM or MAN THR warnings...  My flex detent is sort of alright-but it’s very sensitive and can jump into TOGA if I’m not super careful about it.

How did you set the detent zones ? Did you use the MCDU option, targeting ONLY the physical detent zones in the quadrant ? I had the same issue at the beginning because I was trying to set the detent zones targeting the detents in the Sim and expecting that they would match with the ones in the Quadrant, then in a typical Trial and Error style, I tried the other way round, that is forgetting about the detent in the Sim and looking only at the detents in the quadrant, and everything matched perfectly at the first attempt. Remember also to select "Reverse on Stick" in the MCDU control options, otherwise the throttle range in the quadrant will never ever match the one in the Sim.

I am having absolutely no issues, both in Manual and Auto Thrust and I am really enjoying this piece of hardware.

Ezio 

• Like 2
Ross McDonagh
15 hours ago, Ezio Cingolani said:

Did you use the MCDU option, targeting ONLY the physical detent zones in the quadrant ?

Yes that’s exactly how I did it and also exactly why I think it’s still not exactly how I want it to be.  

Ross McDonagh
15 hours ago, Ezio Cingolani said:

I tried the other way round, that is forgetting about the detent in the Sim and looking only at the detents in the quadrant,

Could you maybe explain this a bit better please?   I set the throttle into the detents on the actual throttle and then attempted to ensure the gate matched that... My TOGA/FLX->Climb detent takes some jiggling... It goes into CL no problem going forwards-but coming back into CL I can get MAN THR or “LVR ASYM” sometimes until I jiggle it a bit. 

edit: sorry I tried to multi quote you and it didn’t work the way I expected it to. 

Ezio Cingolani
7 hours ago, Ross McDonagh said:

Could you maybe explain this a bit better please?   I set the throttle into the detents on the actual throttle and then attempted to ensure the gate matched that... My TOGA/FLX->Climb detent takes some jiggling... It goes into CL no problem going forwards-but coming back into CL I can get MAN THR or “LVR ASYM” sometimes until I jiggle it a bit. 

edit: sorry I tried to multi quote you and it didn’t work the way I expected it to. 

I opened the MCDU-options-controls-detent zones and set each detent zone in accordance with the physical detents in the actual throttle. For instance I moved throttle 1 to CL and then set the corresponding zone slightly below and slightly above that point. Repeated the same for the other detents and then repeated again from start for throttle 2.

I don't know how critical it is for the whole operation, but following the suggestion read on another post here, I downloaded and run the Thrustmaster Calibration Tool before carrying out any setting on the throttle. You can't find it on the official TM site, just google for it. Again, I don't know how much is the influence of this, but for sure it didn't harm.

Good luck...!

Ezio

• Like 1