Thrustmaster Airbus Throttle

Chris Frasure

Chirag Geiantilal
On 10/25/2020 at 6:01 PM, Torsten Reuter said:

I was interested as you in setting it up in FSUIPC only :-), i.e. all the following steps work with P3D "Enable Controllers" unchecked. 

Here you go:

1) My quadrant calibration was absolutely out of range when I set it up initially, the driver tool didn't help either (but I updated the Firmware) and Windows calibration just proved that the calibration was wrong. What did the trick for me was a tool named "Thrustmaster Calibration tool" which I found online. After deinstalling the TCA driver tool I could calibrate both axis using the full range with the calibration tool.

2) After this calibration session (and without re-installing the driver tool) I got back into A320x and guess what, after setting the detents in the CDU both axis worked without any issues, full scope including REV.

3) The set  up of the buttons cannot be done just in the FSUIPC user module but require manual entries in FSUIPC.ini:

Obviously your line numbering and the joystick number ("2" in my case) might vary in your case and have to be adjusted, but anything else should work for the mode selector as well as the engine switches.

; Mode selector left and right

6=P2,6,C66587,78252     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
9=P2,7,C66587,78253     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
10=U2,6,C66587,78253     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
11=U2,7,C66587,78252     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-

; Eng 2 pull, toggle and toggle, release

12=P2,3,C66587,78248     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
13=P2,3,C66587,78247     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
14=U2,3,C66587,78247     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
15=U2,3,C66587,78250     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-

; Eng 1 pull, toggle and toggle, release

20=P2,2,C66587,78243     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
21=P2,2,C66587,78242     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
22=U2,2,C66587,78242     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
23=U2,2,C66587,78245     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-

Should you have any issues I can recommend "FSUIPC for advanced users", pages 24+

Hope this helps

Torsten

Hi,

This works nicely. How did you done this?

Could you explain?

I wanted to make this for more buttons.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris Frasure

• Ross McDonagh

• Bartu Özkara

• Stu Antonio

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Chris - we’re working with Thrustmaster. More will be announced at a later date.

Idle reverse is tricky, to be honest since owning the TCA Quadrant I’ve only been using full reverse. It’s a minor negative point to the added immersion the unit brings. For myself, someone who hasn’t

There are a few tricky points with the TCA Quadrant: 1) IDLE reverse, as Andy said, is not that handy - but everyone will be able to set it up on their own, I suppose. I also find myself using FU

Posted Images

What ranges are your values in in the detent zone settings top right corner.

My values are from -0.1 (full reverse) to +1.0 (TOGA). The default settings seem to go from -1 to +1.

Is still don't get the detents to work properly, despite having set the ranges correctly. I really don't understand what's wrong.

Move the lever to the detent -> read the value in the top right corner, then make range with values close to that value. 

Chris Frasure
3 minutes ago, Jan Szidat said:

What ranges are your values in in the detent zone settings top right corner.

My values are from -0.1 (full reverse) to +1.0 (TOGA). The default settings seem to go from -1 to +1.

Is still don't get the detents to work properly, despite having set the ranges correctly. I really don't understand what's wrong.

Move the lever to the detent -> read the value in the top right corner, then make range with values close to that value. 

I copied these.  They would not match.  They did match after I went back to the MCDU main menu and moved the throttle back and forth a couple times and then it matched.  I also had to make sure that i did not set the engines up individually in P3D.  I made the left throttle the entire throttle axis.  My right engine throttle is a decoration essentially.

Chris

Detent2.JPG

On 10/26/2020 at 2:11 PM, Herbert Puukka said:

Well the setup was really a pain, here´s my version, keeping Direct Input with it´s FSLabs key definitions and whole throttle range including reverser range.

By default, Direct Input is set in the Prepar under Other Controls, then all buttons work without having to create them. If you want to assign them differently, disable them at the file FSL_A320X_Kbd (as example hash key before) and assign them by FSUIPC (only for the specific plane).

1.) Delete all buttons and axes at the Prepar, only create the throttle axis (or two).

2.) You should install the Thrustmaster driver, otherwise you will be directed to the Windows joystick calibration, which does not work. When calibrating you are directed to the Thrustmaster driver software, activate the virtual keys there( if not by default).

3.) Next, set the detent zones, but they only work if the plane has power! My values attached. And watch out, if the plane has no power, the throttle is decalibrated, so test the throttle with power first.

For other planes you have to define the throttle range without the reverser range at the FSUIPC and assign the REV key 12 at FSUIPC only for the specific plane.

Kind regards,

Herbert

Detent Settings 1.jpg

Detent Settings 2.jpg

Yeap best solution so far. No FSUIPC just P3D and Direct Input. Thanks.

Torsten Reuter
20 hours ago, Anthony Eyre said:

Hey Torsten,

I've followed these steps into what you've done and added to the Buttons area of my FSUIPC.ini file, and well:

The fuel cut off switches are opposite, so "on" on the hardware is "off" in the sim and "off" on hardware up "on" in the sim?!

Then with the crank & ign/start switch, It's again opposite but I have to switch them back and forth all the time?

Regards

hi Anthony

sounds strange - would you mind to share your INI lines? Or send me a PM?

Torsten Reuter
19 hours ago, Chirag Geiantilal said:

Hi,

This works nicely. How did you done this?

Could you explain?

I wanted to make this for more buttons.

There are lists available in this forum with collections of offsets (using FS control rotorbrake 66587) which are internally used by FSLabs referring to a (not complete) set of internal functions (ie. switches in most cases).

By linking your joystick buttons to these offsets you are able to directly activate these switches (e.g. on the FCU, ovhd panel, engines etc) using your buttons. Fortunately the mode and master switches are available and can be used for this throttle.

But AFAIK there is no formally published list and the parameters can change at any time. But for the time being (and maybe a very long time) it works and helps to avoid activating the external controls in P3D and to stick to FSUIPC as the only hardware interface.

But that's a personal matter of taste I guess ;-)

Torsten

Ross McDonagh
26 minutes ago, Torsten Reuter said:

There are lists available in this forum with collections of offsets (using FS control rotorbrake 66587) which are internally used by FSLabs referring to a (not complete) set of internal functions (ie. switches in most cases).

By linking your joystick buttons to these offsets you are able to directly activate these switches (e.g. on the FCU, ovhd panel, engines etc) using your buttons. Fortunately the mode and master switches are available and can be used for this throttle.

But AFAIK there is no formally published list and the parameters can change at any time. But for the time being (and maybe a very long time) it works and helps to avoid activating the external controls in P3D and to stick to FSUIPC as the only hardware interface.

Torsten

I absolutely do this and I’ve been watching these forums with concern.  All my axes are assigned thru FSUIPC as are all my buttons-the only control I don’t have assigned thru FSUIPC is the AP disconnect button on my sidestick-that’s assigned thru the new interface and it’s the only button that is persistent-I tried to assign a few other things but they don’t stay assigned... I tried to put the ENG master switch on my honeycomb yoke-it works for one flight and then not again.  

I certainly hope folks are able to get the TCA Quadrant working with FSUIPC and the FSL interface....   I’ll be watching anxiously-I’m also hoping @Norman Blackburnwill get his delivered in short order and be able to help us all sort the FSUIPC end of things. 

Chirag Geiantilal
There are lists available in this forum with collections of offsets (using FS control rotorbrake 66587) which are internally used by FSLabs referring to a (not complete) set of internal functions (ie. switches in most cases). By linking your joystick buttons to these offsets you are able to directly activate these switches (e.g. on the FCU, ovhd panel, engines etc) using your buttons. Fortunately the mode and master switches are available and can be used for this throttle. But AFAIK there is no formally published list and the parameters can change at any time. But for the time being (and maybe a very long time) it works and helps to avoid activating the external controls in P3D and to stick to FSUIPC as the only hardware interface.

Torsten

Thanks for your detailed explanation.

Could you share the published offsets list?

That would be nice.

I'm trying to do the same for some switches.

Once again thanks.

Torsten Reuter
26 minutes ago, Ross McDonagh said:

I absolutely do this and I’ve been watching these forums with concern.  All my axes are assigned thru FSUIPC as are all my buttons-the only control I don’t have assigned thru FSUIPC is the AP disconnect button on my sidestick-that’s assigned thru the new interface and it’s the only button that is persistent-I tried to assign a few other things but they don’t stay assigned... I tried to put the ENG master switch on my honeycomb yoke-it works for one flight and then not again.  

I certainly hope folks are able to get the TCA Quadrant working with FSUIPC and the FSL interface....   I’ll be watching anxiously-I’m also hoping @Norman Blackburnwill get his delivered in short order and be able to help us all sort the FSUIPC end of things. 

Ross, for the TCA quadrant see my comment a few more replies above.

Peter Hastings
26 minutes ago, Ross McDonagh said:

Hasn't @Norman Blackburn cancelled his order :huh:

Seriously though, Thrustmaster posted a message on their Facebook page yesterday saying that 'it will take a few months keep up for serving all over-ordered units globally'.  There's a thinly veiled hint to shift the blame to 3rd party retailers for accepting pre-orders beyond what they'd actually told Thrustmaster but, with the obvious interest that the product line generated (and the added effect of MSFS), I think that they just underestimated the demand and couldn't (or can't) ramp up their production.

• Like 1
Torsten Reuter
26 minutes ago, Chirag Geiantilal said:

Thanks for your detailed explanation.

Could you share the published offsets list?

That would be nice.

I'm trying to do the same for some switches.

Once again thanks.

Ross McDonagh
2 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

I did.

:( sorry to hear it Norman.  I must’ve missed it along the way somewhere...  But that brings me to another point.... I’m wondering if the FSL will support the Honeycomb Bravo throttle as well-in particular the selectable dials-where you select SPD/HDG/ALT/VS on one selector dial and then spin the other dial to select your desired value.  I’m already using the 4 rocker switches on the honeycomb yoke to “pull selected” and “push managed” so that should be an easy transition.  But... at the moment I’ve got my CH throttle quadrant toggle switches doing the value selection plus landing gear and A/T disconnect.

Fortunately the wife agreed to let me preorder them both when I was building my PC and kitting out the flight deck.  

I’m struggling to envision how to set the bravo up with rotorbrake unless Andrew and Lefteris and the other wizards come up with something for us like they did with the ThrustMaster stuff. 

36597405-43B9-4B91-94CE-49355F159270.jpeg

DE7BD555-B8FE-4D45-BCDC-4E9EB62EED78.jpeg

14 hours ago, Torsten Reuter said:

hi Anthony

sounds strange - would you mind to share your INI lines? Or send me a PM?

Hi Torsten,

I've spent the last 2 nights trying to fix it and got it working now.

My config is now basically the same except the IGN/Start & Crank switch which I've made work perfectly (with 0 being my "joyname":
Crank/Idle/IGN/Start Switch:
0=P0,7,C66587,78253     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
1=U0,7,C66587,78252     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
2=P0,6,C66587,78252     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
3=U0,6,C66587,78253     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-

Engine 1:
8=P0,2,C66587,78243     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
9=P0,2,C66587,78242     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
10=U0,2,C66587,78242     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
11=U0,2,C66587,78245     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-

Engine 2:
4=P0,3,C66587,78248     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
5=P0,3,C66587,78247     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
6=U0,3,C66587,78247     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
7=U0,3,C66587,78250     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-

Now you've just sent someone the Rotor-Brake Param list so I might go into more detail with the Engine Master Switches as currently my config doesn't push them into place, only lifts them. They work but like I say, not lifted into place.

Hi guys! Today I connected Trusmaster quadrant even got a warning with a suggestion to configure everything automatically, but after starting the flight don't work. Drivers are installed, fsuipc havent

update. i removed all axes and set direct input in P3D setting, work fine, but dont work ENG start switch and CRANK/IGN

phil highton
On 10/2/2020 at 1:42 PM, Pascal Blau said:

Well then get a different one, but that one is quite close to the real one and don´t forget, there will be additions such as flap and spoiler levers with various more buttons (prk brk, ldg gear and so on)

I have a different one thanks for your concern though! 

Andreas Guther

No matter what I do, I did not get it working yet. What keeps to be strange to be is that the FSLabs shows the right values in the FMGC but does not comply to it.

Ivan Chernov
On 10/25/2020 at 9:55 AM, Andrew Wilson said:

Did you try and calibrate the device in windows before installing the Thrustmaster drivers? You must not do this - it corrupts the driver. If (and only if) you did try and calibrate the TCA using the default windows driver: Uninstall the TM Drivers, then go into the game controller properties for the TCA and click ‘Reset Defaults’. Then reinstall the Thrustmaster Drivers.

By my mistake, I first calibrated devices without drivers and then installed the driver. Now I deleted the driver, reset the default calibration, and put the driver back on. Everything worked in directinput, I didn't even assign a single button or axis. Excellent work. sorry for my  english

Chirag Geiantilal

@Torsten Reuter can you help to make landing lights on and off in one button?

I tried but no luck.

24=P0,5,C66587,72501     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
25=U0,5,C66587,72502     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
26=P0,5,C66587,72502     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
27=U0,5,C66587,72501     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}