Thrustmaster Airbus Throttle

Chris Frasure

Bartu Özkara

The value that you see, when the levers on Quadrant are on idle position. Type that value in the idle zone in detent zones page. Do the same thing for all detents.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross McDonagh

• Chris Frasure

• Oliver Langen

• Peter Hastings

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Chris - we’re working with Thrustmaster. More will be announced at a later date.

Idle reverse is tricky, to be honest since owning the TCA Quadrant I’ve only been using full reverse. It’s a minor negative point to the added immersion the unit brings. For myself, someone who hasn’t

There are a few tricky points with the TCA Quadrant: 1) IDLE reverse, as Andy said, is not that handy - but everyone will be able to set it up on their own, I suppose. I also find myself using FU

Posted Images

Henrique Marcelo Teixeira da Cunha

Hey i have the officer pack and the thrust is not idle. I need to set reverse thrust to go for idl does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Edited by Norman Blackburn
Removed formatting
  • Haha 1
Andreas Guther
58 minutes ago, Bartu Özkara said:

The value that you see, when the levers on Quadrant are on idle position. Type that value in the idle zone in detent zones page. Do the same thing for all detents.

I did exactly that...

Henrique Marcelo Teixeira da Cunha

I have the same problem with the levers on the THRUSTMASTER TCA Quadrant Airbus are in idle but on the plane are 30% of the power. I don't know how to configure

Bedran Batkitar

I managed to make everything work. But I have a problem with my throttle, it is not symmetric. Everything works but the THR 2 is a little late if you look THR 1. There is a little offset visible on the USB game controllers/properties. The numbers are showing differences as well example on fsuipc THR 1 number is about 5500 and THR 2 number is 7500. Idle works fine then when I push both physical THRs, number 1 reaches CLB detend on the simulator it maintains CLB detend until number 2 reaches CLB detend despit I keep pushing THRs. When the climb detend is set on both THRs in the sim, the physical THRs are halfway between IDLE and CLB. The rest MCTFLEX, TOGA and REVERSES are working well. Only this little position difference between both THRs.

A9327868-0B6F-4131-969D-232CD5810D42.jpeg

849305D8-CBAE-4DD4-A173-AF1FC6EF8987.jpeg

Wolfgang Reiter

Good evening

I had the same problems. I first installed the newest drivers from the thrustmaster website.

Afterwards in P3D I selected in the Menu-> Other Controls -> Inpud Method -> Raw Input. That made

the engine start switches work for me.

Then I selected in the Menu-> Axis Assignement and selected in the top TCA Q-Eng 1&2. Then down in 

the menu I assigned the Throttle axis to one thrust lever (so they are now not independed from each other but I dont mind that at the moment) 

1329284564_AxisAssignment.thumb.png.05f8a76c9faf3e6559d9478ee12528a7.png

Back in the FSLabs I selected the settings for the Thrust Lever and detent zone as follows:

1230301236_Settingsdetentzones.thumb.png.9ac57168e8f0c7601aaf4ceb91ab8830.png

Had the same problem that the levers were not symetric, therefore I choosed to make both as one.

I completed now one flight and all worked fine for me.

• Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, stephen speak said:

Has anyone received one from Amazon U.K..I received this email from them this morning ..fuming is an understatement 

53C5943C-EFB7-43CA-B206-84A3411504EC.jpeg

That’s ridiculous! It’s impossible to get hold of one unless you want to be robbed blind on eBay. Their going for like 299.99.

stephen speak
10 minutes ago, Guy Owen said:

That’s ridiculous! It’s impossible to get hold of one unless you want to be robbed blind on eBay. Their going for like 299.99.

I’ve just been on to Amazon..not using them anymore if that’s how they treat long standing customers 

Peter Hastings
1 hour ago, stephen speak said:

Has anyone received one from Amazon U.K..I received this email from them this morning ..fuming is an understatement

I only ordered from Amazon UK at 20:33 on Monday 19th and the delivery date showed as October 23rd

I got an email at 15:47 on Tuesday 20th saying that the estimated delivery date was now November 13th

Another email at 23:39 on Wednesday 21st said that the new estimated delivery date was October 23rd

Yet another email at 09:16 on Friday 23rd said that 'we are still trying to obtain the item' and 'we’ll email you as soon as we have a delivery date'

Are Amazon messing me around or, more likely, are Thrustmaster scrabbling to supply their resellers in the light of high demand.  I can also see 'confirmed orders' on eBay for *way* over the retail prices, so scalpers are in play!

Ross McDonagh
13 minutes ago, Peter Hastings said:

Are Amazon messing me around or, more likely, are Thrustmaster scrabbling to supply their resellers in the light of high demand.  I can also see 'confirmed orders' on eBay for *way* over the retail prices, so scalpers are in play!

Same thing with Microsoft so it would seem.  “There’s a delay on the availability of your order... here’s a $10 gift card”

meanwhile I pre ordered in July and yet the scabby scalpers all have theirs.  Yet another reason I refuse to support FS2020 until the devs move to it.  

It was quite tricky to calibrate the X/Y axes for the throttles, but made it finally work with the detent zones (after 1 hour...) but I'm still unable to make the ENGINE  MODE SELECTOR switch working, as well as the ENGINE START switches may only start the engines, but there is not cutoff if you deselect the switches. The sim only receives a button switch for "ON", but there is no button switch for "OFF". May anyone please explain how to configure? Thanks.

• Like 1
Michael Houghton

After quite some time and looking at this forum I have eventually managed to get the throttle to go back to full idle. However I note for some reason that my Rev max and Rev idle are greyed out. Looking on the forum other people seem to have figures in the Rev max and Rev idle in blue.

When I lift the levers to put the throttles into reverse it does not move back to the full reverse position

Is there an answer to this to what I have missed.?

Also is there a way of using the Eng settings provided on the TCA Quadrant ie the Engine starters and the Mode button

Thank-you

Michael

No reverser.jpg

Wolfgang Reiter
4 hours ago, Michael Houghton said:

However I note for some reason that my Rev max and Rev idle are greyed out. Looking on the forum other people seem to have figures in the Rev max and Rev idle in blue.

You have to select REV ON STICK in the FMC on the page before the detent settings.

On 10/20/2020 at 8:24 PM, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

I could reproduce the problem with Raw Input. Apparently, while our detection mechanism works and correctly identifies the appropriate joystick button (if you go through the trouble of deleting the setting in our FSL Input Options and then Set-ting it again), P3D itself does not propagate the event through correctly.

It's also evident in other add-on aircraft forums - for example, this link.

Switch to Direct Input and try again, then let me know.

Edited by Peter Lund
Problem solved.
Andreas Guther

I still have problems and honestly I think it's a bug on FSLabs side.

Although the "THR POS" in the upper right corner is in the idle detent range, it actually not. And if I go on full reverse with the throttles, it show correctly "-1.000" in the upper right corner, but the levers just go on idle. The CL, FLX/MCT and TOGA detents are correctly. It's "just" the issue with idle and reverse.

DirectInput is selected, FSUIPC does not take the throttles. I cannot do any calibration, because the Thrustmaster interface does not allow this. But the values look good by the way. Calibration in Prepar3D is on 127 with a deadzone of 1...

A good indication is also that when enabling the visual cues, the detents for CL, FLX/MCT and TOGA are displayed, but IDLE is displayed when bringing the hardware throttles to full reverse. As I already said, this is against what I configured in the FMGC options and what it displays itself.

23 hours ago, Radersch said:

It was quite tricky to calibrate the X/Y axes for the throttles, but made it finally work with the detent zones (after 1 hour...) but I'm still unable to make the ENGINE  MODE SELECTOR switch working, as well as the ENGINE START switches may only start the engines, but there is not cutoff if you deselect the switches. The sim only receives a button switch for "ON", but there is no button switch for "OFF". May anyone please explain how to configure? Thanks.

Everything is fine now. I just downloaded the newest installation files from the FSL server and the autoconfiguation (mapping) is fine with raw data setting. I just had to set the engine throttles axes for engine 1 and 2 (X and Y) and to calibrate the detent zones within the simulator (took me about 1 hour!!!). Good luck boys.

Bartu Özkara
15 minutes ago, Radersch said:

Everything is fine now. I just downloaded the newest installation files from the FSL server and the autoconfiguation (mapping) is fine with raw data setting. I just had to set the engine throttles axes for engine 1 and 2 (X and Y) and to calibrate the detent zones within the simulator (took me about 1 hour!!!). Good luck boys.

Radersch,

May I ask you to share your settings for others that they having issues maybe your setup can be a solution for them. And did you receiving any “LVR ASYM” on PFD?

Thank you.

Pascal Ad

I tried to finetune my settings regarding Idle reverse a bit. For me they work great - so feel free to try this out! 1713509945_IdleRev.thumb.JPG.1942cef204bac8a63a1f5524a15100f6.JPG

Important: I was trying to reproduce the asym message on the PFD and I further tweaked my config because I had the message too.

Try the following setting for "CL": 0.03/0.07 for both thrust levers.

• Thanks 2
Peter Hastings
15 minutes ago, Bartu Özkara said:

Radersch,

May I ask you to share your settings for others that they having issues maybe your setup can be a solution for them. And did you receiving any “LVR ASYM” on PFD?

Thank you.

There are also things like any calibrations inside the sim or FSUIPC that would be useful to know.  And what TM firmware is being used - a new one (v1.56) has been released.

Bartu Özkara

Today I was performing some T&G’s to get used to levers. It’s very nice but still have some problems. For example during flight my ENG Mode SEL, Levers Disconnect Buttons and other switches stopped working. 

Andrew Wilson
Today I was performing some T&G’s to get used to levers. It’s very nice but still have some problems. For example during flight my ENG Mode SEL, Levers Disconnect Buttons and other switches stopped working. 

Did you try and calibrate the device in windows before installing the Thrustmaster drivers? You must not do this - it corrupts the driver. If (and only if) you did try and calibrate the TCA using the default windows driver: Uninstall the TM Drivers, then go into the game controller properties for the TCA and click ‘Reset Defaults’. Then reinstall the Thrustmaster Drivers.
Paolo Basta

Andy isn't there a simpler and easier way in getting the TCA to work the engine buttons and the crank buttons work great it's the throttle i am having problems with

they are all over the place i copied Pascals MCDU setting but they are unstable and impossible to use any help is appreciated thanks,  

Bartu Özkara
49 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Did you try and calibrate the device in windows before installing the Thrustmaster drivers? You must not do this - it corrupts the driver. If (and only if) you did try and calibrate the TCA using the default windows driver: Uninstall the TM Drivers, then go into the game controller properties for the TCA and click ‘Reset Defaults’. Then reinstall the Thrustmaster Drivers.

Thanks Andrew I`ll try that. The interesting thing is I started the engines without having any problem via Quadrant. 

Richard Nellyer

I received my TCA Officer pack Airbus edition throttle and stick on Friday and am not impressed in the slightest.

I've been using Thrustmaster products for years and have the Warthog HOTAS, F/A-18C Stick , TPR Pendular rudders and two of their racing wheels. They have always been a byword for quality and finish and this offering for the Airbus falls way way below their usual standard. I get that it is cheaper than the HOTAS Warthog but it's still not a cheap setup and it's a piece of plastic rubbish ewaste. The detents on the throttle rattle as the levers pass through them, the plastic is of a woeful quality and the stick is just their T1600 rebranded. There is no weight to the stick base so it is not stable when maneuvring. The entire setup is underscale and looks like a kids toy. 

This feels like a product designed purely to cash in on the MSFS sim explosion and is certainly not worthy of pairing with the FSL Airbus series (That is the Nth level of quality!) I'll happily stick to my HOTAS WArthog.

If anyone is missed out on the pre order and wants one this will be going on eBay later today although I cannot recommend it!

Till Lukas
On 10/23/2020 at 1:06 PM, Rob Bates said:

As more of you get the TQ - if anyone uses FSUIPC and finds a way to bind the keys when controllers are disabled in P3D, PLEASE let me know. Keys are successfully recognised by the FSLabs contoller setup page (from the P3D menu), but they are ignored when flying around in the sim.

I cant stand having controllers enabled in P3D - keeps defaulting buttons/assignments. Drives me scatty having to keep checking and disabling assignments. It was such an easier life disabling the controllers and using FSUIPC to assign axis/buttons, so its a real shame having to go back the old ways.

Did somebody successfully setup the throttle with controllers disabled in P3D and only via FSUIPC?

Does nobody from the FSL team use that config?

Norman Blackburn
1 hour ago, Till Lukas said:

Did somebody successfully setup the throttle with controllers disabled in P3D and only via FSUIPC?

Does nobody from the FSL team use that config?

Till,

There are only a few of the team with it (mine is still not dispatched thanks Amazon) and I believe they are all using it via P3D controls.

Camille MOUCHEL

strange I order thursday the Airbus Stick and i received it this friday.

I want to order the thrust levers but after reading this post I fear I may not, what alternative do you suggest  instead of the thrustmaster quadrant ?

stephen speak
14 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

no longer feeling the love.

image.png

Sounds like I dodged a bullet there..will have to carry on with the yoke..not airbus I know but it works 

Stu Antonio
36 minutes ago, Richard Nellyer said:

I received my TCA Officer pack Airbus edition throttle and stick on Friday and am not impressed in the slightest.

I've also read and watched some pretty devastating reviews on the throttle by now, regarding accuracy and quality . As happy as I am with my TCA stick (coming from a T.16000, so I was use to it and concerning the weight, I modified mine as I've shown in another thread...), I will probably cancel my order too. I don't have a good feeling about this anymore...

Till Lukas
21 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Till,

There are only a few of the team with it (mine is still not dispatched thanks Amazon) and I believe they are all using it via P3D controls.

Okay, I see.

Would be very interested to hear if somebody was able to do it...

Camille MOUCHEL
1 minute ago, Stu Antonio said:

I've also read and watched some pretty devastating reviews on the throttle by now, regarding accuracy and quality . As happy as I am with my TCA stick (coming from a T.16000, so I was use to it and concerning the weight, I modified mine as I've shown in another thread...), I will probably cancel my order too. I don't have a good feeling about this anymore...

whazt wrong with the weight ? I had an X56 and I honnestmlly prefer the thrustmaster airbus stick, the deflection seems pretty close to real one and deflezction is firmer than my X56. However I was planning to pre order the airbus thrust levers form them but now, idk...

Stu Antonio
Just now, Camille MOUCHEL said:

whazt wrong with the weight

Don't want to hijack this topic, but for me the stick is just a little to light when sitting on my desk (don't have any clamps). It tend to move/tilt when I use it. I just prefer a heavier base.... 

More on this here:

Camille MOUCHEL
38 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Don't want to hijack this topic, but for me the stick is just a little to light when sitting on my desk (don't have any clamps). It tend to move/tilt when I use it. I just prefer a heavier base.... 

More on this here:

strange, it is very stable for me, and as the a320 is very sensitive, you really need very small input

• Like 1
Gregory Bally

I am quite happy with both the stick and throttles... Just wish there was more resistance to the throttle and I am afraid to screw it too strong as it says it can damage the travel...  really don't know why they are not offering the possibility to strenghten it more to match the real thing.

My only issue with the Fslabs is the assignment of engine switches, autothrottle disconnect etc...  have assigned these through the Fslabs menu and it worked the first flight and since I restarted P3D, it does not work anymore...

• Norman Blackburn changed the title to Thrustmaster Airbus Throttle
  • Norman Blackburn locked, locked and unlocked this topic
  • Norman Blackburn locked and unlocked this topic