Thrustmaster Airbus Throttle

Chris Frasure

Bartu Özkara

Hi everyone,

I finally got mine TCA Quadrant. But it doesn't work. I reinstalled P3D V5 & A320. Nothing has changed I didn't touched anything and I'm not using any FSUIPC settings or detents. Currently I have only P3D V5 HF2, A320, FSUIPC and 2020_TFHT_3 driver on my PC. The levers doesn't working seperately, but the other switches and buttons working fine. And after selecting the A320 I confirmed the both messages for calibration.

Here are my MCDU settings

In this picture bellow actually the Quadrant is on IDLE but to get the FSLabs Throttle to IDLE position I have to "Full Reserve" on Quadrant. And I can't move the levers seperately.

Q1.thumb.PNG.9176507b4666b97b0e499eb29ca316cc.PNG

Q2.thumb.PNG.3c2c9530105f2059b877f0e6b33710ff.PNG

Q3.PNG.3ad04cc8205b3271c41e1009e2b92d9f.PNG

Here are my P3D settings for both devices (Sidestick & Quadrant)

Q4.thumb.PNG.99d6554ce9cf4e1a5557d350cafab781.PNG

Q6.thumb.PNG.578dad924724927ce26767491446d8ae.PNG

Q8.thumb.PNG.98591cf646c665163a8643aadfa02cc3.PNG

Q7.thumb.PNG.5f9c128f4afe9fc21ba84f57a9113b38.PNG

Q9.thumb.PNG.b9610fd02df9ea6adbbbd8eec176d288.PNG

Q5.thumb.PNG.e0440da48e1b91f47f636a22266c90e4.PNG

Q10.thumb.PNG.106f3bf18e1c553d81d5137423e9994c.PNG

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross McDonagh

• Chris Frasure

• Oliver Langen

• Peter Hastings

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Chris - we’re working with Thrustmaster. More will be announced at a later date.

Idle reverse is tricky, to be honest since owning the TCA Quadrant I’ve only been using full reverse. It’s a minor negative point to the added immersion the unit brings. For myself, someone who hasn’t

There are a few tricky points with the TCA Quadrant: 1) IDLE reverse, as Andy said, is not that handy - but everyone will be able to set it up on their own, I suppose. I also find myself using FU

Posted Images

Gregory Bally

I received mine yesterday and have no issue. In my case I have attached together both levers as they don't have that much friction to avoid async throttles - and I don't do single engine taxi anyway ;-)

You have to assign "throttle" to the axis in P3D, remove all other assigned axis (elevators, rudder...)  and then adjust the detent zones in the bus... and that's it. Disable "revers on stick".  (I have assigned the throttle revers on the stick to a specific button in P3D which "decrease throttle quickly)  (F2 on the keyboard).

I'll see later if I can play with the reverse throttle within the Fslabs bus...

Greg

Roland Schwarz

Hi, I received my throttle today. The Stick is already there. When I started P3D and the Bus, there is a message that the TM Stick and Throttle was detected and configured. But in the Sim nothing works well. When I set the throttle to zero  in the Cockpit it will be not at zero and it is unpossible to get it there (when I will set the detent zone, I get an error message. Also I can not set the Reverser. And how I can set the switch for Engine 1 and 2 and the Switch for the IGN/Start?

Sorry Lefti, but it doesn´t work well.

Roland

Patrick Tinner

According to the Changelog "Auto configuration for Thrustmaster Airbus hardware"
I don't really see an auto configuration, its very hard to configure the detents, sometimes you get an Format Error on the Throttle Detents Page. 

Pascal Blau
7 minutes ago, Patrick Tinner said:

According to the Changelog "Auto configuration for Thrustmaster Airbus hardware"
I don't really see an auto configuration, its very hard to configure the detents, sometimes you get an Format Error on the Throttle Detents Page. 

Same here

Bartu Özkara
12 minutes ago, Patrick Tinner said:

Exactly, I expected much easier configuration.

Pete Banner

I now have the TCA Quadrant. The FSL auto config worked well, I just had to un-assign a few button controls in the main P3D config menu to sort out a few issues I had. I have also had some time to setup the detents. The detent settings in the picture are my current settings which give a nice Idle REV segment just after the rev levers are pulled up. Obviously, your individual settings may differ slightly from mine, but this may be a good starting point if you are having issues.

TCA Quadrant Settings idle rev mod.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Roland Schwarz

My autoconfiguartion also doesn´t work. How can I set the throttle to idle in the Sim. When I set in on the Thrustmaster, in the Sim there will be at abput 30% throttle.

And can someone tell me, witch buttons I have to delete and set new, that the Eng master button is working and the IGN- Switch is working.

Thank

Roland

• Like 1
Pete Banner
16 minutes ago, Roland Schwarz said:

My autoconfiguartion also doesn´t work. How can I set the throttle to idle in the Sim. When I set in on the Thrustmaster, in the Sim there will be at abput 30% throttle.

And can someone tell me, witch buttons I have to delete and set new, that the Eng master button is working and the IGN- Switch is working.

Thank

Roland

Hi Roland,

Did the FSL config dialog box come up when you started P3D? Have you checked the FSL input commands in the P3D Add-ons menu (not all buttons are on the quadrant, some to come when the next Thrustmaster unit comes out)? I de-selected all the button assignments I had left over for the TCA Quadrant in the P3D options menu, I just assigned an axis to each of the thrust levers, plus the axis for my pedals which are attached to the quadrant.

In terms of the 30% thrust setting you have for idle, try the detent settings above to see if that sorts it out.

Pete

Pete Banner
29 minutes ago, Roland Schwarz said:

Hi Pete, yes the config dialog box come up. I have checked the FSL Input commands. What I have to do now? Delete all this commands in the Option meneu of P3D?

Roland

Hi Roland,

If you have conflicts I would suggest deleting all button assignments for the Quadrant only from the P3D Options menu, let the FSL config handle the quadrant buttons.

Bedran Batkitar

HI, just got my TQ and Stick today. The auto config didn't work well, thr lever don't move and no switch is detected. I use FSUIPC actually is there anyone else using FSUIPC ? How can we set all that ?

Rob Bates

Yep we have a problem with FSUPIC! I disable all controllers in Prepar3D and assign through FSUIPC normally. But even though i can assign the buttons of my new TQ through the FSLabs config, they dont work in the sim. Only seems to work if controllers are enabled in Prepar3D. AAAARGH! :(

• Like 1
Bedran Batkitar

Where is located the instruction file for the Thrustmaster TCA ? Lefti stated that there is something to setup the reversers.

Peter Hastings
1 hour ago, Bedran Batkitar said:

HI, just got my TQ and Stick today. The auto config didn't work well, thr lever don't move and no switch is detected. I use FSUIPC actually is there anyone else using FSUIPC ? How can we set all that ?

There's another thread with some more information.  If the quadrant is connected and recognised, but doesn't work, then you might have to make sure that 'directinput' is selected.

Bedran Batkitar

I am trying to make it work, now the switches are working as switched to direct input. but when I move the throttle it is switching the view and my throttles arn't symetric. When I try to set the throttle on FSUIP it is assigned on the aileron and elevator axis and I can't change it.

Zachary Kerr
19 hours ago, Brad King said:

Unfortunately the item was back ordered another month or so as I recall and at the time I received that email the ship date was still TBD. It was another sold by Microsoft on behalf of a vendor deal. I’m hoping that does not parallel this experience. Microsoft is still saying I should receive by Monday but no shipping info yet. When it ships I’ll check back in here. 

Thanks for sharing the info customer service gave you! 

I ordered mine from Microsofts store back in June.  On monday I received an email from them confirming that they charged my credit card for the quadrant.  When I looked at the MS site to verify the status of the order, it also showed a delivery date for October 26th. Just checked it again however and now the site shows no date.  Not sure what this means. Fingers crossed its still on schedule for Monday.

Congrats to everyone who already received it.  Enjoy....you guys deserve it!

Pascal Blau
39 minutes ago, Bedran Batkitar said:

I am trying to make it work, now the switches are working as switched to direct input. but when I move the throttle it is switching the view and my throttles arn't symetric. When I try to set the throttle on FSUIP it is assigned on the aileron and elevator axis and I can't change it.

Exactly what happens to me too, got the buttons to work but the levers are extremly out of sync

Bedran Batkitar
3 hours ago, Peter Hastings said:

There's another thread with some more information.  If the quadrant is connected and recognised, but doesn't work, then you might have to make sure that 'directinput' is selected.

I don’t understand why when I am moving the throttles nothing is moving at the p3d axis calibration. ?

57 minutes ago, Bedran Batkitar said:

Same here... 

Peter Hastings
22 minutes ago, Bedran Batkitar said:

I don’t understand why when I am moving the throttles nothing is moving at the p3d axis calibration. ?

I don't know either - I haven't got my joystick/quadrant yet - hopefully tomorrow ;)

Have you looked at the @Pete Banner posts above.  They might help - you could have to remove some P3D assignments.  The change of view you are getting with a throttle movement seems like a dual assignment.  I also think that the two throttle levers are X and Y axes, which could be why they are getting mixed up with the aileron and elevator axes on the joystick.

Bedran Batkitar

hi @Lefteris Kalamaras. I am having troubles with my TCA, I did everything you mentioned above but it’s still not working. I have FSUIPC but I don’t know how to set everything up. On p3d controls page the throttle Is even Not moving during calibration. And what ever I do either on P3D or FSUIPC the throttles are not symmetric. And can’t bring them to idle position. I hope you’ll have to find time to help us. Thanks in advance.

Bedran Batkitar
8 hours ago, Pete Banner said:

I now have the TCA Quadrant. The FSL auto config worked well, I just had to un-assign a few button controls in the main P3D config menu to sort out a few issues I had. I have also had some time to setup the detents. The detent settings in the picture are my current settings which give a nice Idle REV segment just after the rev levers are pulled up. Obviously, your individual settings may differ slightly from mine, but this may be a good starting point if you are having 

5 minutes ago, Peter Hastings said:

I don't know either - I haven't got my joystick/quadrant yet - hopefully tomorrow ;)

Have you looked at the @Pete Banner posts above.  They might help - you could have to remove some P3D assignments.  The change of view you are getting with a throttle movement seems like a dual assignment.  I also think that the two throttle levers are X and Y axes, which could be why they are getting mixed up with the aileron and elevator axes on the joystick.

Yes I did, I will try tomorrow again.. 

Ross McDonagh
1 hour ago, Brad King said:

@Zachary KerrSame email on Monday about the charge and no status on delivery anymore. That’s ominous. 

4ED41F41-421E-45C1-80D7-AFFDFB074115.jpeg

You ordered a full month and a day after I did.   My pre order was on 7/19-but according to MS-there’s no holdup on their end and it should arrive in the next 3-5 biz days...  I never got an email about being charged though.  Sort of confused.   I fully expected this to be here before the Bravo-now I’m wondering A98E2913-96FF-4814-ADE9-AD7D27DC0EC0.thumb.jpeg.4e3e208f80b4c02e7dd6214777fed823.jpegplus the ominous email I mentioned yesterday 

33DC733A-46F9-4E1B-81DD-4AB876C01439.png

Chris Frasure
19 minutes ago, Ross McDonagh said:

You ordered a full month and a day after I did.   My pre order was on 7/19-but according to MS-there’s no holdup on their end and it should arrive in the next 3-5 biz days...  I never got an email about being charged though.  Sort of confused.   I fully expected this to be here before the Bravo-now I’m wondering A98E2913-96FF-4814-ADE9-AD7D27DC0EC0.thumb.jpeg.4e3e208f80b4c02e7dd6214777fed823.jpegplus the ominous email I mentioned yesterday 

33DC733A-46F9-4E1B-81DD-4AB876C01439.png

I ordered mine on 9/28 from Aerosoft when Amazon canceled.  Mine is here Monday....

Rob Bates

As more of you get the TQ - if anyone uses FSUIPC and finds a way to bind the keys when controllers are disabled in P3D, PLEASE let me know. Keys are successfully recognised by the FSLabs contoller setup page (from the P3D menu), but they are ignored when flying around in the sim.

I cant stand having controllers enabled in P3D - keeps defaulting buttons/assignments. Drives me scatty having to keep checking and disabling assignments. It was such an easier life disabling the controllers and using FSUIPC to assign axis/buttons, so its a real shame having to go back the old ways.

• Like 1
Roland Schwarz

Hi, I do my first flight today and everything works well with the Trottle. The problem was, that I have to change into Direktinput. Then you can calibrate the throttle. The only thing that doesn´t work is the IGN/Start Switch. Wgen I put it to Start the Reverser goes on.

Roland

Bartu Özkara
13 minutes ago, Roland Schwarz said:

Hi, I do my first flight today and everything works well with the Trottle. The problem was, that I have to change into Direktinput. Then you can calibrate the throttle. The only thing that doesn´t work is the IGN/Start Switch. Wgen I put it to Start the Reverser goes on.

Roland

Did you tried under the "FSLabs Inputs" to set it up? There are a lot of settings for Quadrant.

Andreas Guther

Hi,

I have problems setting up the detents including the reverse. I think I did it correctly, but is even does not go to idle. What do I miss (it goes to idle when I put it on full reverse)?

• Norman Blackburn changed the title to Thrustmaster Airbus Throttle
  • Norman Blackburn locked, locked and unlocked this topic
  • Norman Blackburn locked and unlocked this topic