Thrustmaster Airbus Throttle

Chris Frasure

Cesar gutierrez

I have been reading most of this topic trying to find the reason that every time i run my P3D v4.5 with FSLABS the settings that i have for my TCA Quadrant just get DELETED , regarding the ENG MASTER LEVER , CRANK , DISCONECT BUTTONS , etc . so most of the times i have to config again all the settings via the MENU- ADDONS-FSLABS - ETC ... anybody have and idea why this is happening? 

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross McDonagh

• Chris Frasure

• Oliver Langen

• Peter Hastings

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Chris - we’re working with Thrustmaster. More will be announced at a later date.

Idle reverse is tricky, to be honest since owning the TCA Quadrant I’ve only been using full reverse. It’s a minor negative point to the added immersion the unit brings. For myself, someone who hasn’t

Hi Adrian, we have done in other threads, but so you are aware here: We are testing an update to the A320-X (and A319-X and A321-X) that should come out soon which improves Input Controls logic,

Posted Images

Andrew Pharoah

For those struggling to get all the levers working. 

What I have just discovered is when calibrating, you need to calibtate all 4 arms at the same time.

STEPS

Insert Pin provided by Thrustmaster to link both throttles.

Throttles, Speed Brakes and Flaps to full back. Make sure Gear Switch is in the Gear Down position.

Unplug the TQ fto PC cable at the back and press and hold the Black button under the Eng 2 switch, while at the same time, plugging in the controller to PC cable at the back again.

Now move ALL the levers to full forward position. i.e RET / TOGA / 0 position.

Press two red buttons on Throttles to set the TOGA position, and then flick the Gear to Up and then to Down to set the Speed Brakes RET and Flaps 0 position.

Move Throttle levers back to MAX FLX and Speed Brake to 1/4 and Flaps to 1 Press. Now press the red buttons to set Throttles and then Gear Up and down to set Speed Brakes and Throttles.

Move Throttle levers back to CL and Speed Brake to 1/2 and Flaps to 2. Now press red buttons to set Throttles and then Gear Up and down to set Speed Brakes and Throttles.

Move Throttle levers back to IDLE and Speed Brake back to 3/4 and Flaps back to 3 . Now press the red buttons to set Throttles and then Gear Up and down to set Speed Brakes and Throttles.

Move Throttle levers to MAX RVS and Speed Brake to FULL and Flaps to 4. Now press the red buttons to set Throttles and then Gear Up and down to set Speed Brakes and Throttles.

Finally press Both Black Buttons under the ENG switches at same time to finish calibrating.

Remove the Throttles linking pin, unplug TQ and re-plug it in.

(I had to tick the Reverse box in the Speed Brakes and Flaps TCA Q-Eng Axis Assignments in P3D) .

Now the Speed Brake, Throttle and Flaps Detents work.

This process ensures the calibration captures the positions of the spoilers and the flaps lever as well as the throttles. Otherwise, if you’re only doing the calibration on the throttle quadrant without  moving the spoilers and flaps in parallel, the TQ/PC will think that the spoilers and flaps are fully calibrated for their full range, while actually being set just on the fully retract position.

• Like 1
Malcolm Street

Has anyone come up with a simpler means of getting the engine start switches and the selector running via FSUIPC than editing fsuipc.ini?

I now have everything else working.

stephen speak
On 2/11/2021 at 10:57 PM, Andrew Pharoah said:

Can anyone please offer advice.

I have the TQ and Extension. I set them up initially and they were working fine. I noticed a post from Max above, which showed Thrustmasters calibration sequence and so stupidly I tried out this sequence ( even though it was not necessary!) as seen in Maximilian attachment in the posting above.

Now the Speed Brakes and Flaps no longer work. 

SPEED BRAKES: When I try to calibrate these using the Thrustmaster calibration utility, it shows the flap RZ Axis blue bar jumps from nothing to full bar as soon as I move the lever to Spoilers 1/4, i.e. no progress stages.

FLAPS: The TQ Flap lever now does not move through the detents (which are still set as before in the MCDU) but but simply moves from Zero to 4 as soon as I select Flaps 1. 

Likewise, when I try to calibrate,using  the Thrustmaster calibration utility, it shows the flap lever Z Axis blue bar jumps from nothing to full bar as soon as I move the lever to Flaps 1. i.e. no progress stages

All other switched and throttles still work. None of the Flaps calibration setting values that I created in the MCDU have changed from what they were when it was working previously.

I also tried to do exactly what Lefteris suggested:

"Be sure to uninstall any Thrustmaster drivers, then go to "Set Up USB Controllers", click on the particular hardware and use Settings -> "Reset to Default".

Then, reinstall your drivers and you should be good to go."

No improvement!

Any advice as to how I can get the Z to recognise switch positions 17, 18 and 19 and RZ axies to recognise the detents (switch positions) would be much appreciated please?

Andrew

This is a common problem with the quadrant add on..I have the same problem with mine..I have firmware 1.61 installed and from what I can gather on here that’s where the problem lies..I’ve asked thrustmaster to send me the original 1.56 firmware if they have it..just to see if it is as I think where the problem lies..it’s bad technical service to ask you to update to the latest firmware..without a backup system..and that causes problems..will let you all know if I get anywhere with this 

steve

Andrew Pharoah

Steve,

I am also on Firmware 1.61 and its working fine.

Have you tried the process steps that I described, that solved the problem for me?

Andrew

stephen speak

yes..I’ve tried everything that’s been advised..absolute nightmare of a thing to set up..thrustmaster customer care aren’t that good to be honest..tried to contact them..they want videos etc to prove it’s faulty..that’s fair I suppose..but the amount of people having problems isn’t just a one off..seems a bit deeper than that..I was going to leave it alone today for the sake of my sanity but here goes again 

Andrew Pharoah

I know that sickening feeling too after years of flight sim troubles.

I would re-try the following sequence that worked for me:

First Uninstall (not delete) any Thrustmaster drivers, then go to "Set Up USB Controllers", click on the Thrustmaster Q and use Settings -> "Reset to Default".

Now downlad the latest driver again and install.

Load the Airbus and accept FSLabs setup prompt if it appears.

Now follow the hardware calibration steps that I describe in my earlier post again.

Thats my best suggestion.

• Like 1
stephen speak
13 minutes ago, Andrew Pharoah said:

I know that sickening feeling too after years of flight sim troubles.

I would re-try the following sequence that worked for me:

First Uninstall (not delete) any Thrustmaster drivers, then go to "Set Up USB Controllers", click on the Thrustmaster Q and use Settings -> "Reset to Default".

Now downlad the latest driver again and install.

Load the Airbus and accept FSLabs setup prompt if it appears.

Now follow the hardware calibration steps that I describe in my earlier post again.

Thats my best suggestion.

andrew..you're a genius mate..gave your advice a try..works perfectly..sanity restored..don't know why thrustmaster don't put this in the faq..again thanks

steve

• Like 1
stephen speak
28 minutes ago, Andrew Pharoah said:

.........I also recognise that relieved and elated feeling after years of flight simming 

Glad I could help.

Been doing it myself since fs95..things are a lot more complex now..but a hell of a lot better 

Malcolm Street
19 hours ago, stephen speak said:

This is a common problem with the quadrant add on.

Where on earth can you buy one?  Eurowings is showing four months away.

Malcolm

stephen speak
3 hours ago, Malcolm Street said:

Malcolm

Out of stock at www.thrustmaster.co.uk as well 

Peter Hastings
3 hours ago, Malcolm Street said:

Malcolm

I'm not sure of the situation in Australia, but Thrustmaster in Europe expect to have stock available for UK orders in the last week of Feb/first week of Mar (with other resellers following shortly behind).

• Like 1
Malcolm Street
On 10/26/2020 at 5:01 AM, Torsten Reuter said:

I was interested as you in setting it up in FSUIPC only :-), i.e. all the following steps work with P3D "Enable Controllers" unchecked. 

Here you go:

1) My quadrant calibration was absolutely out of range when I set it up initially, the driver tool didn't help either (but I updated the Firmware) and Windows calibration just proved that the calibration was wrong. What did the trick for me was a tool named "Thrustmaster Calibration tool" which I found online. After deinstalling the TCA driver tool I could calibrate both axis using the full range with the calibration tool.

2) After this calibration session (and without re-installing the driver tool) I got back into A320x and guess what, after setting the detents in the CDU both axis worked without any issues, full scope including REV.

3) The set  up of the buttons cannot be done just in the FSUIPC user module but require manual entries in FSUIPC.ini:

Obviously your line numbering and the joystick number ("2" in my case) might vary in your case and have to be adjusted, but anything else should work for the mode selector as well as the engine switches.

; Mode selector left and right

6=P2,6,C66587,78252     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
9=P2,7,C66587,78253     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
10=U2,6,C66587,78253     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
11=U2,7,C66587,78252     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-

; Eng 2 pull, toggle and toggle, release

12=P2,3,C66587,78248     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
13=P2,3,C66587,78247     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
14=U2,3,C66587,78247     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
15=U2,3,C66587,78250     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-

; Eng 1 pull, toggle and toggle, release

20=P2,2,C66587,78243     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
21=P2,2,C66587,78242     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
22=U2,2,C66587,78242     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-
23=U2,2,C66587,78245     -{ROTOR_BRAKE}-

Should you have any issues I can recommend "FSUIPC for advanced users", pages 24+

Hope this helps

Torsten

Hi, I added these lines to FSUIPC.INI but the switches still don't respond.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks - Malcolm

Paul Orcel
On 2/13/2021 at 8:47 PM, Cesar gutierrez said:

I have been reading most of this topic trying to find the reason that every time i run my P3D v4.5 with FSLABS the settings that i have for my TCA Quadrant just get DELETED , regarding the ENG MASTER LEVER , CRANK , DISCONECT BUTTONS , etc . so most of the times i have to config again all the settings via the MENU- ADDONS-FSLABS - ETC ... anybody have and idea why this is happening? 

Same problem here. Works very fine but seems like restarting P3D just deletes all assignments done in the FSLabs "Input commands" window.

• Like 2
Jack Coffey

Hey guys, recently bought the Thrustmaster Airbus Throttle and when i connected it for the first time it popped up and said would you like P3D to assign Axis and Button Assignments, i mistakenly clicked no. Now i cant find where to bind the ENG switches and the MODE NOR/CRANK/IGN. Any help would be appreciated.

Trent Shoemaker

I'm not sure if they ship outside the US, but Sporty's Pilot Shop has the Officer Package in stock. Looks like they also have the quadrant available - no separate purchases for the sidestick as far as I can tell.

Thrustmaster Officer Package Airbus Edition (sportys.com)

I ordered mine on Tuesday, and the UPS tracking number says it should arrive Friday. It might be worth checking out some of the pilot shops, as I was surprised on how much flight sim gear they stock as well.

Hope this helps...

Viktor_UHPK

Hi everyone.

Is there a manual available that describes the complete workflow of setting up both the Sidestick and the Quadrant? 

Greetings, 

Viktor

• Like 1
Malcolm Street
On 2/15/2021 at 10:12 PM, Malcolm Street said:

Hi, I added these lines to FSUIPC.INI but the switches still don't respond.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks - Malcolm

My bad!  Forgot about his comments re. line and joystick numbers.  Now working fine.

Adrian Badenhorst

Good day!

Could anyone please actually respond to these issues?

There are multiiple people experiecing problems with the Control Input Menu. You can configure your settings and they work for the remainder of that flight. As soon as you close and restart P3D, the settings disappear and you have to do it all again. This leads me to believe this is an FSLabs bug. I checked the document "FSL_A320X_Kbd", after the flight it has all the settings saved, but once yo restart P3D, it wipes this document.

Can someone please offer some solution to this? It has got nothing to do with calibration etc. Everything works fine but settings are simply not saved in FSLabs.

It is simply not viable to reconfigure these settings every single time. I have done multiple re-imstalls of P3D and FSLabs with complete wipes but nothing has worked.

Thanks for your help

On 11/30/2020 at 3:37 AM, Wolfgang Reiter said:

Is it possible to save the FSLabs Input Commands? I enter them before the flight for ENG1 Master etc. but after reloading the Sim they are not saved and I have to enter them again.

Lefteris Kalamaras
5 hours ago, Adrian Badenhorst said:

Good day!

Could anyone please actually respond to these issues?

Hi Adrian,

we have done in other threads, but so you are aware here: We are testing an update to the A320-X (and A319-X and A321-X) that should come out soon which improves Input Controls logic, among other fixes.

Thank you for your patience!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

we have done in other threads, but so you are aware here: We are testing an update to the A320-X (and A319-X and A321-X) that should come out soon which improves Input Controls logic, among other fixes.

I'm not holding my breath. I thought this would come months ago?! I'm trying to understand why everything with FsLabs is so complicated... 

Throttle was working, now with the addon nothing works exept all the buttons. Also tried the steps of Andrew but nothing. 

PMDG works fine though!

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, John Ruisch said:

I'm not holding my breath. I thought this would come months ago?! I'm trying to understand why everything with FsLabs is so complicated... 

Throttle was working, now with the addon nothing works exept all the buttons. Also tried the steps of Andrew but nothing. 

PMDG works fine though!

It is much more than just for the thrustmaster.

Andrew Pharoah

John,

I know that you said that you tried all my suggested steps. It's really important that you do this for all levers at the same time. I had problems when I first tried to calibrate the throttles and then in a seperate sequence, tried to calibrate the Flaps and Speed Brakes. That won't work.

Try what I did again. First I followed the steps recommended by Leftaris as follows:

Be sure to UNINSTALL (not delete) any Thrustmaster drivers, then go to "Set Up USB Controllers", click on the particular hardware and use Settings -> "Reset to Default".

Then, reinstall your TQ drivers.

Now precisely the steps that worked for me:

What I have just discovered is when calibrating, you need to calibtate all 4 arms at the same time.

STEPS
Insert Pin provided by Thrustmaster to link both throttles.

Throttles, Speed Brakes and Flaps to full back.

Make sure Landing Gear Switch is in the Gear Down position.

Unplug the PC to TQ cable at the back and press and hold the Black button under the Eng 2 switch, while at the same time, plugging in the controller to PC cable at the back again.

Now move ALL the levers to full forward position. i.e RET / TOGA / 0 position.

Press two red buttons on sides of the throttles Throttles to set the TOGA position, and then ALSO flick the Landing Gear to Up and then back to Down positionto set the Speed Brakes RET and Flaps 0 position.

Now move Throttle levers back to MAX FLX and Speed Brake to 1/4 and Flaps to 1 Press. Now press the red buttons to set Throttles and then ALSO the Gear Up and down to set Speed Brakes and Throttles.

Move Throttle levers back to CL and Speed Brake to 1/2 and Flaps to 2. Now press red buttons to set Throttles and then ALSO Gear Up and down to set Speed Brakes and Throttles.

Move Throttle levers back to IDLE and Speed Brake back to 3/4 and Flaps back to 3 . Now press the red buttons to set Throttles and then ALSO Gear Up and down to set Speed Brakes and Throttles.

Move Throttle levers to MAX RVS and Speed Brake to FULL and Flaps to 4. Now press the red buttons to set Throttles and then ALSO Gear Up and down to set Speed Brakes and Throttles.

Finally press Both Black Buttons under the ENG switches at same time to finish calibrating.

Remove the Throttles linking pin, unplug TQ and re-plug it in.

(I had to tick the Reverse box in the Speed Brakes and Flaps TCA Q-Eng Axis Assignments in P3D) .

Now the Speed Brake, Throttle and Flaps Detents work.

This process ensures the calibration captures the positions of the spoilers and the flaps lever as well as the throttles. Otherwise, if you’re only doing the calibration on the throttle quadrant without  moving the spoilers and flaps in parallel, the TQ/PC will think that the spoilers and flaps are fully calibrated for their full range, while actually being set just on the fully retract position.

I'm sorry if this doesent help, but I can only say that it worked for me.

Good luck

Andrew

• Thanks 1
Marvin Toepfer

I'm about to give it up with that throttles. I calibrated it as per manual. I'm also on the latest firmware. In the FSL, I set-up the detents. All is working correctly. But: when I'm on manual thrust, at some point the levers are not 100% synced (until the next detent...). That leads to for example 50% N1 on ENG1 and 45% on ENG2. My levers are synced but not in the FSL. It's about half a cm which makes the difference here.

Is there any trick for that or anything that I'm missing? I also tried to set-up the axis in FSUIPC - also with no success to that problem. And I'm not sure WHERE the problem is...for now, it can be everything. From hardware via my setup to the FSLabs. I really don't know what to do anymore. I hope its the FSL and not the hardware. Otherwise the clock is ticking to return it :lol:

Riccardo Masia

Yes, the reason for this is that the manual thrust range is actually a bit small (you can order custom made detents by a very skilled user linked somewhere in a topic), and thus causing very small movements on the throttle to make the in-sim throttles move a lot. To fix the asynchronous issue, you need to set deadzones. I did it in FSUIPC, but in P3D controls you can also do this. Make sure that you set the deadzone for the leading throttle so that they move in the same range. I used values of 1 to 8 (throttle 1 was trailing, so no deadzone). That kinda fixed it for me.

In FSUIPC all I did was set the full ranges and then the idle detent. This sets the deadzone point where you want it to be. I found this more accurate.

It is hard to solve otherwise by the pure reason that you have two independent levers that are on the hardware level not calibrated to each other.

Marvin Toepfer

Thanks for your answer Riccardo. I will try tomorrow again. I also thought of deadzones but it didnt work somehow. Don't know what I have done wrong. I also use FSUIPC. 

And a value from 1-8...u mean deadzones or slopes?

@Andrew Pharoah

Thx so much for your effort to help me out, really appreciate it very much!

Unfortunatly it didn't work. I've spend 2 hours yesterday and 6 today but when I just touch the throttle it goes to TOGA and when back to idle it goes in full reverse. When starting it's in the right position (looking in the FMC but touching it it goes from 1.000 to -1.000. I can also see this in the Thrustmaster config screen so I don't know if it's FsLabs or not. It doesn't work with PMDG either anymore. Even the flaps and spoilers stopped working

Luckily I still have my old CH yoke and that is plug and play (I love that) still after months and months I didn't use it and now doing a flight with the 747. It is just so nice that I don't have to uninstall/reinstall again something I had to do over and over again with the Airbus, still it was really fun to use it... 

Maybe I'll check back in a week or in 6 months, maybe then the update is there or even the Sharklet...?! Time will tell. 

Thx again,

John

stephen speak
27 minutes ago, John Ruisch said:

@Andrew Pharoah

Thx so much for your effort to help me out, really appreciate it very much!

Unfortunatly it didn't work. I've spend 2 hours yesterday and 6 today but when I just touch the throttle it goes to TOGA and when back to idle it goes in full reverse. When starting it's in the right position (looking in the FMC but touching it it goes from 1.000 to -1.000. I can also see this in the Thrustmaster config screen so I don't know if it's FsLabs or not. It doesn't work with PMDG either anymore. Even the flaps and spoilers stopped working

Luckily I still have my old CH yoke and that is plug and play (I love that) still after months and months I didn't use it and now doing a flight with the 747. It is just so nice that I don't have to uninstall/reinstall again something I had to do over and over again with the Airbus, still it was really fun to use it... 

Maybe I'll check back in a week or in 6 months, maybe then the update is there or even the Sharklet...?! Time will tell. 

Thx again,

John

Mine does exactly the same..it’s just trial and error..my throttles aren’t at rest when at idle..I just move them ever so slightly forward and it shows fwd idle..I believe there’s an update due out and from what @Lefteris Kalamarassaid earlier on this post should help with this problem..will probably be out before the sharklets are out..can’t see it being at the same time..just gonna bide my time and enjoy as much as I can 

steve

Joshua Walden

I got a fix for this that just worked for me. Will report back with the efficacy of it when I am all done testing it.