Thrustmaster Airbus Throttle

Chris Frasure

Oliver Langen

Andrew, did you select two levers with reverser within the MCDU setup and select the values for each lever with the arrow keys? Also first check if the movement is linear with the TCA setup/calibration tool. Last but not least maybe you assigned a button for a a detent zone that conflicts with the (virtual) buttons of the Throttle Quadrant or your Joystick fights the quadrant, make sure that only one device has the throttle axis assigned

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross McDonagh

• Chris Frasure

• Oliver Langen

• Peter Hastings

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Chris - we’re working with Thrustmaster. More will be announced at a later date.

Idle reverse is tricky, to be honest since owning the TCA Quadrant I’ve only been using full reverse. It’s a minor negative point to the added immersion the unit brings. For myself, someone who hasn’t

Hi Adrian, we have done in other threads, but so you are aware here: We are testing an update to the A320-X (and A319-X and A321-X) that should come out soon which improves Input Controls logic,

Posted Images

Andrew Pharoah

Thanks for your help Oliver.

On the MCDU Controls>Thrusters, I have selected Two Levers with Reverser On Stick selected and set the detent values for each leaver (an example for Throttle 1 shown in my earlier post) as recommended by FSLabs. I have repeated this MCDU Detent Zone calibration over and over, along with repeated calibrations of the harware detents as described by the Thrustmaster manual. Movement is liniar in the Thrustmaster TCA calibration tool with no odd behavior indicated.

I disabled all the Throttle Key Assignments and the Axis assignment for Throttle on the Thrustmaster joystick.

Still no luck. Full travel on Thrustmaster levers to reverse Max jumps to TOGA. Full forward on the Thrustmaster TQ levers jumps to CL. If I stop lever travel by about a pencils width from the top and bottom  of lever travel I get correct position set in the sim. Move beyond that pencil width forward or back and its jump to TOGA and CL.

Mystifying!

• Like 1
Oliver Langen

Andrew, a conflict can also occur with a binded key or a setup within another controller menu.  When I started I had the problem that at toga I got the exernal View :-O

I am not that familiar with all the config and ini files of P3D/Fslabs, but perpaps there is a glitch in one of these files.  Sorry for all that guessing,  but if it is not a hardware defect, what you already checked, then the lever value must somehow trigger a lever position not matching. 

Perhaps you can reverse axis (or set back to normal) and work with opposite values, perhaps something changes?

B_r_u_n_o-R_o_l_o
On 1/18/2021 at 10:29 PM, Oliver Langen said:

@ Jesus Hurra :). And if you change the default values for Flaps 2/3 a little bit taking the real values of your hardware in account, you dont even have to move the lever a little to lock into the right position. As mentioned before, the lever moves a long way for flap position to next flap position so you can choose quite a big difference between the values for one position, a picture of my values is enclosed.

@ Bruno I have lot of ideas  :). First if all I would check the hardware with the Windows tool you  downloaded with the driver (USB Gamecontroller). Check if the lever is working like it should, if not give recalibration a try and select virtual buttons, too. End of the day it might be a hardware issue but first check the unit from the „bottom“

40219D23-509E-4CA0-8D50-9A2FA481699B.jpeg

I tried everything Olivier (and thanks for your help!) I dont get it (Calibrated with windows tool, enabled virtual buttons, etc.) but basically when I move the flaps handle, it stays at -1.000 on the FSL Flaps menu (FMGS) until I hit Flaps 3 detent (then FSL sees it as Flaps1)... I dont think it is a hardware issue because the A320 in FS2020 recognize each flap detent properly... I am stuck :(

Oliver Langen

Bruno, well, lets be optimistic, the hardware is okay and also the link betwenn TCA and the computer.

I see that you have bought a lot of planes and perhaps you use an "older" installation. The only thing I can think of at the moment is that somewhere deep in the engine room there are some "historic" values causing a msmatch. 

Of course you doublechecked the values within P3D, sensivity and also Null Zone? You choose direct Input and not raw data?! 

After all the only issue remaining from my point of view that some kind of add on software is firing up together with P3D that overrules the values provided by the lever, Linda, FSUIPC whatsoever.

OK, that seems to be unlikely, but some piece of software - like a man in the middle attack - prevents that the real values go 1:1 into the Flightsim. Its somehow like Sherlock Holmes Deductions ;)

David Norfolk

Hey guys, 

So i managed to pick one of these up today & expecting to take delivery it tomorrow. Is their anything i need to do to get it properly set up or isit just plug & play off you go? the sidestick was perfectly fine & just curious if there's anything differently regarding the throttles.. Any advice would be great thanks :) 

• Like 1
Riccardo Masia

A small struggle to be expected for the detents cues, but this topic will help you on your way. I got mine too today and the detents had to be set. The rest should work if u already have the drivers for thrustmaster installed, added that FSL will set the keybinds as appropriate.

Holger Teutsch

Guys, it's difficult to find the exact dimensions of the complete setup. Can someone do me a favor and measure the total width of Quadrant + add-on ?

Peter Hastings
21 hours ago, Riccardo Masia said:

A small struggle to be expected for the detents cues, but this topic will help you on your way. I got mine too today and the detents had to be set. The rest should work if u already have the drivers for thrustmaster installed, added that FSL will set the keybinds as appropriate.

Did you do the Thrustmaster calibration thing as in this video (linked to from one of the TM documents on their support site)?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
David Norfolk

Long shot but my last hope, so I got the quadrant today & the minute I plug it in I get "device descriptor request failed" in the device manager. The USB isn't recognised. I've done the drivers, uninstall, reinstalling. Reboots, different USB ports. It's the only thing that's not working properly. Thanks 

Peter Hastings
3 hours ago, Riccardo Masia said:

Nope.. I'll do it after my flight.

I didn't intend to say that you should do it - more of a general question of if you had done it.  I can't remember anyone specifically saying here if they had done any calibration procedure for their quadrant outside P3D.

Riccardo Masia

Well I have done it and it helped to make the entire range more linear, especially at the max reverse range, so I recommend doing it.

Fabrice Paulin

@Oliver Langen, I think I have the same issue than you had with the thurustmaster quadrant: when applying Toga thrust, it switches to external view. I look for unapriopriate key assingment but couldn,t find anything

do you remember how you fixed it? Thanks!

Oliver Langen

@Fabrice when I remember right there was a „funny Button assigned under key bindings

Fabrice Paulin

Thanks Oliver, got it!

I think it was the assignment of one of the quadrant button (button 2) to a view function that was making trouble. Removed it and gone!

Riccardo Masia

I would also recommend going through all keybinds and look for any assignments with a "button" keyword and remove it. (for the quadrant device)

Ben J Knight

Hello.

Just started using both the sidestick and the quadrant, Can't say I have had many problems setting it up,

I followed the instructions that Herbert posted on this thread. And used FSUIPC for the throttle AXIS, I also deleted all the default mappings for key assignments.

I am having one issue (at least I think it's an issue!) when using the reverser to get out of REV mode I have to apply throttles to the maximum power position, Is this a known issue or something I can fix?

Thanks for the help

Ben

Oliver Langen

No known issue, at least not for me. If it is not FSUIPC, then just set sensivity to max and apply your real Throttle values within MCDU \options\controls\levers

Ben J Knight
1 hour ago, Oliver Langen said:

No known issue, at least not for me. If it is not FSUIPC, then just set sensivity to max and apply your real Throttle values within MCDU \options\controls\levers

Thank you. I'll give that a try.

Riccardo Masia
3 hours ago, Ben J Knight said:

Hello.

Just started using both the sidestick and the quadrant, Can't say I have had many problems setting it up,

I followed the instructions that Herbert posted on this thread. And used FSUIPC for the throttle AXIS, I also deleted all the default mappings for key assignments.

I am having one issue (at least I think it's an issue!) when using the reverser to get out of REV mode I have to apply throttles to the maximum power position, Is this a known issue or something I can fix?

Thanks for the help

Ben

Had this issue too, but for only one axis. Setting it in FSL too "Two levers" with "REV on stick" fixes it for me.

Andrew Pharoah

Please could someone advise.

I have the full extended TQ, which is working except for the Flaps lever. when I move the lever, it moves but only between 1 and 3.

I have seen on youtube that the detents need to set in the <Options / <Controls section of the MCDU, but I don't have a <Flaps option showing beneath <Thrust Levers on LSK4R as others seem to, and Flaps are not mentioned under my Add-ons / FsLabs / Input Commands list.

I have set them as Axis Z and the Trustmaster calibration tool shows the full range working.

Where is <Flaps configuration option in the MCDU  <Controls menu? Any other advice please....

Thanks 

Andrew

Oliver Langen

Andrew, make sure that you have the last version of the Airbus running. I wondered that other Users had the flaps config menu which Indidnt find. After the latest update it was there, perhaps I was blind before but now it is there in the control menue together with the entries for lever snd rudder

Max Schallenberg

Hey Albert,

did you find a solution for this? Have the same problem, my thrust levers aren't moving in the sim.

It just changes the views or the Ailerons.... and ich deleted all of the key bindings...

• Like 1
Riccardo Masia

So I prefer using two independent throttles, but had the issue of quite asymmetric thrust levers (throttle 2 slightly lags behind throttle 1). I was capable of solving this by adding a small null zone to the throttle 2 to get the N1 % difference to 0.2% (down from 5%).

Axis values were 0.02 different, and are now down to 0.003. If anyone have a better idea let me know. :)

B_r_u_n_o-R_o_l_o
On 1/21/2021 at 12:37 AM, Oliver Langen said:

Bruno, well, lets be optimistic, the hardware is okay and also the link betwenn TCA and the computer.

I see that you have bought a lot of planes and perhaps you use an "older" installation. The only thing I can think of at the moment is that somewhere deep in the engine room there are some "historic" values causing a msmatch. 

Of course you doublechecked the values within P3D, sensivity and also Null Zone? You choose direct Input and not raw data?! 

After all the only issue remaining from my point of view that some kind of add on software is firing up together with P3D that overrules the values provided by the lever, Linda, FSUIPC whatsoever.

OK, that seems to be unlikely, but some piece of software - like a man in the middle attack - prevents that the real values go 1:1 into the Flightsim. Its somehow like Sherlock Holmes Deductions ;)

Thank you Oliver! Well it seems that things are going from bad to worse. Initially, I was only seeing the issue with the flap lever (the moment I move it, it goes to full, no incremental movement). I did follow the calibrate procedure (even watched the YT Video) and nothing worked. I just got a new system and reinstalled everything, now it is worse, I am having the same issue with the Spoiler lever, it goes from 0 to 100 with the slighted movement. 

It is happening outside of P3D, I can see it using the TM Control Panel, I am lost. I will try to email support and see if they have any solution, but not looking good at the moment :( :(

Hendrik Herryjanto
2 hours ago, B_r_u_n_o-R_o_l_o said:

Thank you Oliver! Well it seems that things are going from bad to worse. Initially, I was only seeing the issue with the flap lever (the moment I move it, it goes to full, no incremental movement). I did follow the calibrate procedure (even watched the YT Video) and nothing worked. I just got a new system and reinstalled everything, now it is worse, I am having the same issue with the Spoiler lever, it goes from 0 to 100 with the slighted movement. 

It is happening outside of P3D, I can see it using the TM Control Panel, I am lost. I will try to email support and see if they have any solution, but not looking good at the moment :(:(

Bruno,

I have a question for you. Does your axis (flaps/spoiler) registered within P3D control? another question, the same axis, is it registered too on FSUIPC?

I know that for the throttle and flaps, I can only make it work when I register the axis in P3D control setup. If I setup those axis using FSUIPC then it will not work properly.

I am not sure if you are using registered FSUIPC. I hope you understand my question above. 

Let me know please, perhaps I could assist you.

B_r_u_n_o-R_o_l_o
32 minutes ago, Hendrik Herryjanto said:

Bruno,

I have a question for you. Does your axis (flaps/spoiler) registered within P3D control? another question, the same axis, is it registered too on FSUIPC?

I know that for the throttle and flaps, I can only make it work when I register the axis in P3D control setup. If I setup those axis using FSUIPC then it will not work properly.

I am not sure if you are using registered FSUIPC. I hope you understand my question above. 

Let me know please, perhaps I could assist you.

Thank you Hendrik! I have them mapped as P3D Native (I do have registered FSUIPC and verified they are not mapped there also)

The issue is actually outside of P3D all together, I see the problem in the TM Control panel, the slightest movement for Flaps or Spoiler results in the axis going fully deflected.  

Albert Harrison
18 hours ago, Max Schallenberg said:

Hey Albert,

did you find a solution for this? Have the same problem, my thrust levers aren't moving in the sim.

It just changes the views or the Ailerons.... and ich deleted all of the key bindings...

unfortunately not yet... im still waiting for someone to help me... it's quite weird that everything seems to be working in MSFS with the NEO tho, just not with fslabs in P3D5

B_r_u_n_o-R_o_l_o
16 hours ago, Oliver Langen said:

Bruno, did you try a different USB port?

Oliver, yes tried a few different ports, same problem. I think I am going to return the hw and get a new one....

Hendrik Herryjanto
23 hours ago, B_r_u_n_o-R_o_l_o said:

Thank you Hendrik! I have them mapped as P3D Native (I do have registered FSUIPC and verified they are not mapped there also)

The issue is actually outside of P3D all together, I see the problem in the TM Control panel, the slightest movement for Flaps or Spoiler results in the axis going fully deflected.  

Sounds like HW issues to me. Sorry to hear about it Bruno, having a wanted item arrives and then DOA is a pain. Hope you will get it sort out soon.

• Like 1
Atul Mishra

Gentlemen,

I face similar issues regarding the throttle quadrant. Right now, I've got the throttle and the sidestick. Tried doing a flight... levers at CL detent triggers gear movement. Had to disconnect the A/T, bring the thrust back to idle and then pull the gear back, or else it wouldn't really work otherwise. More, can't really find a solution to "view" changing when at TOGA detent. Checked for binding keys and I also find nothing associated with all these.

As funny as it can get, the aircraft continuously keeps asking me to select CL mode even though the thrusts are already set to CL detent. Well, initially after taking off, thrusts at CL config works and the aircraft behaves just as needed. But after a while, it starts throwing out warnings asking for CL mode. It never happened like this before while I was still using Saitek's throttle quadrant haha. Btw, I don't use any FSUIPC configuration and the detents were configured via MCDU. And Saitek's throttle quadrant is not connected anymore so I wouldn't think it's some sort of input conflict problem? Any help would be highly appreciated. :)

• Like 1
Albert Harrison
9 hours ago, Atul Mishra said:

Gentlemen,

I face similar issues regarding the throttle quadrant. Right now, I've got the throttle and the sidestick. Tried doing a flight... levers at CL detent triggers gear movement. Had to disconnect the A/T, bring the thrust back to idle and then pull the gear back, or else it wouldn't really work otherwise. More, can't really find a solution to "view" changing when at TOGA detent. Checked for binding keys and I also find nothing associated with all these.

As funny as it can get, the aircraft continuously keeps asking me to select CL mode even though the thrusts are already set to CL detent. Well, initially after taking off, thrusts at CL config works and the aircraft behaves just as needed. But after a while, it starts throwing out warnings asking for CL mode. It never happened like this before while I was still using Saitek's throttle quadrant haha. Btw, I don't use any FSUIPC configuration and the detents were configured via MCDU. And Saitek's throttle quadrant is not connected anymore so I wouldn't think it's some sort of input conflict problem? Any help would be highly appreciated. :)

Yea... I am having this weird throttle detent and triggered gear movement thing as well... and the triggered camera movement... but unfortunately no one responds here... no official assistance from Fslabs either... how disappointing...

Hendrik Herryjanto

I have had that issue before. Please check your control settings within p3d menu. Make sure that you delete any key binding on your throttle. Your throttle should have only axis registered within the p3d control menu. 

Just go through the control menu on p3d. check everything.

Hendrik Herryjanto
On 1/27/2021 at 5:23 AM, Max Schallenberg said:

Hey Albert,

As i said in other thread, make sure that your throttle axis is only registered on p3d menu if you are using FSUIPC. 

If I register my throttle axis on p3d and FSUIPC, it won't work properly.

• Thanks 1
Luca Toscani

i had all the components of the TCA these days, and I wanted to ask you with P3d and fslabs, there is a procedure to set this up, what is there to do and where?
in the stick keys you set?
thank you

Timm Rehberg

Hi Luca,

sounds you're in the same boat right now. My TCA just arrived 1 hr ago.
I was watching Blackbox's video and he pretty much explained how to set it up.

Have fun :) 

• Thanks 1
Oliver Langen

Yes, perhaps the Hardware has a fault, thats why I asked if the movement shown by the TCS app is linear. A very last chance is to reflash the firmware.

A_ndré_F_olkers
10 hours ago, Luca Toscani said:

i had all the components of the TCA these days, and I wanted to ask you with P3d and fslabs, there is a procedure to set this up, what is there to do and where?
in the stick keys you set?
thank you

Well mine arrived yesterday that is part one the add-on will follow next week... As for the throttle unit and sidestick pretty easy to setup and straightforward :-)

Make sure to update to the latest driver and firmware:

Driver is version 2020_TFHT_5.exe

Firmware for sidestick - 1.11

Firmware for TQ - 1.61

And follow this procedure

• Haha 1
Danil Rumyantsev

Hi! i have a problem regarding proper configuring TCA qadrant flaps for Fslabs airbus. 

Unfortutelly when im trying to do it with controls- flaps( using MCDU) its recognise only 3 positions

Everithing is fine when i checked Thrustmaster Flight control panel( i attached screen from it)-so its not a problem with a hardware, there is an issue with fslabs as i understand..

Any suggestions?

92161471_2021-01-28(2).png

1073124819_2021-01-28(3).png

2021-01-28 (4).png

2021-01-28 (5).png

2021-01-28 (6).png

2021-01-28 (7).png

1670188362_2021-01-28(1).png

Timm Rehberg

Hi,

I plugged my TCA stick and throttle but I do not get my ENG1 Throttle working.
When I check the detent zone page I see ENG2 throttle working from -1.000 until 1.000
ENG1 is working from only -1.000 until 0.100.
If I move ENG1 axis forward, it also takes ENG2 axis.
I can copy my detent zones from ENG2 to ENG1 but its still not working.

Strange is, in calibration menus I can move it all the way from beginning to the end, without any problems.
In MSFS A32N both thrust levers work correctly. Its only on P3D.
I have only ENG1 throttle and ENG2 throttle assigned with X and Y axis. Reset the FSL.ini and also the FSUIPC.ini file.

However I checked the following:
TM calibration
Software/Driver
MSFS is working correctly

Do you know what it could be?

• Norman Blackburn locked, locked and unlocked this topic
  • Norman Blackburn locked and unlocked this topic