Thrustmaster Airbus Throttle

Chris Frasure

Chris Frasure

So I pre-orderd the thrustmaster airbus throttle and side stick.  I love the side stick.  Still waiting on the throttle.  I noticed the throttle quadrant has the ignition and start switches.  Is there a command for FSL to utilize these switches?  I realize FSUIPC is prob the best option, but what option do you choose?

Chris

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross McDonagh

• Chris Frasure

• Roland Schwarz

• Lefteris Kalamaras

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Chris - we’re working with Thrustmaster. More will be announced at a later date.

Idle reverse is tricky, to be honest since owning the TCA Quadrant I’ve only been using full reverse. It’s a minor negative point to the added immersion the unit brings. For myself, someone who hasn’t

For everyone interested, here is what might be the first TCA Throttle shown in a review. Although its Chinese you get some good first impressions:  

Posted Images

Chris Frasure
On 8/29/2020 at 3:01 AM, Andrew Wilson said:

Hi Chris - we’re working with Thrustmaster. More will be announced at a later date.

Thanks Andrew!

Chris

Koen Meier
2 hours ago, Rob Bates said:

Awesome. I hope we wont have to BUY an interface to make those 2 switches work???

But what about the throttle and other hardware under tca that might work.

• 3 weeks later...
Matthias Sauerhering

Hi Guys,

I´ve received an email from Thrustmaster today - my Throttle is on the way! Against their last forecast for 22-Oct-2020.

Now I´m waiting for hints from FSLabs how to program it.

Greetings from a very excited Matthias

• Like 1
Chris Frasure
5 minutes ago, Matthias Sauerhering said:

Hi Guys,

I´ve received an email from Thrustmaster today - my Throttle is on the way! Against their last forecast for 22-Oct-2020.

Greetings from a very excited Matthias

LUCKY!!!!!!!!

Norman Blackburn
2 hours ago, Matthias Sauerhering said:

Its very easy :D 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Koen Meier
12 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Its very easy :D 

Maybe he is waiting for the news that Andrew mentioned earlier.

• Like 1
Matthias Sauerhering

Hi,

first - I have to correct: not the throttle was coming, just the two clamps which i have also ordered for my stick and the new throttle.

Seems that Thrustmaster didnt a joke with 22-Oct.... sorry for confusion.

Koen - you are right.

@Norman: You said its very easy. I hope so. But I´m not sure how to get the "Engine master 1+2" and the "Engine mode selector" working?

Is there a solution using FSUIPC or LINDA? Maybe thats it what Andrew means?

Norman Blackburn
10 minutes ago, Matthias Sauerhering said:

@Norman: You said its very easy. I hope so. But I´m not sure how to get the "Engine master 1+2" and the "Engine mode selector" working?

Is there a solution using FSUIPC or LINDA? Maybe thats it what Andrew means?

All I can say is you don’t have to worry :) 

• Like 2
Chris Frasure

For those of you who may have purchased this from amazon, have any of you gotten a shipping notice?  I got a weird email from them today that the desk clamp for it will be delayed.  I ordered them at the same time.  I figure this means that amazon is about to receive some and ship them out soon.

Thanks

Chris

Matthias Sauerhering
3 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Norman, THAT was my hope!:D

Chris Frasure

So after ordering the throttle in June with an expected delivery date of 9/26 pushed to 10/26, Amazon has canceled my order bc apparently they are unable to get the product.  Slightly irritating since Thrustmaster suggests them as a vendor.  For those of you that ordered, can you tell me from whom?  

Chris

Matthias Sauerhering

Hi Chris,

I have ordered from Thrustmaster directly.

As you can see, I live in Germany and the package (with the clamps) came from France. No problems at all.

The Throttle is scheduled to 22-OCT-2020. Until now I have no other info about a further delay.

Chris Frasure
Just now, Matthias Sauerhering said:

Hi Chris,

I have ordered from Thrustmaster directly.

As you can see, I live in Germany and the package (with the clamps) came from France. No problems at all.

The Throttle is scheduled to 22-OCT-2020. Until now I have no other info about a further delay.

Thanks.  Unfortunately in the States and from what I can see Thrustmaster does not sell directly.

Chris

Koen Meier
4 minutes ago, Chris Frasure said:

Thanks.  Unfortunately in the States and from what I can see Thrustmaster does not sell directly.

Chris

it is only for some european countries. although amazon also has some issues getting the new consoles.

Chris Frasure
Just now, Koen Meier said:

it is only for some european countries. although amazon also has some issues getting the new consoles.

So who wants to buy me one in Europe and ship it here :)

haha

Chris

Phil Tereny
2 minutes ago, Chris Frasure said:

So who wants to buy me one in Europe and ship it here :)

haha

Chris

Why don't you buy it at Aerosoft? They do ship into the US as far as I know (it's gonna cost a few bucks of course).

Zachary Kerr

I pre-ordered the sidestick and throttle quadrant from Microsoft as soon as it went live.  I cant recall the last time I bought hardware from them......but Thrustmaster recommended them as a vendor of choice and they had the product available for purchase before it was live on Amazon.  So far so good.....my sidestick arrived exactly when expected and communication on the throttle quadrant has been aces. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/search/shop/Devices?q=thrustmaster+airbus

Chris Frasure
44 minutes ago, Phil Tereny said:

Why don't you buy it at Aerosoft? They do ship into the US as far as I know (it's gonna cost a few bucks of course).

The trick here was looking for Aerosoft Europe instead of the default USA store.  The USA store doesn't have the hardware available yet.  Shipping is $41 but seems worth it for the time.

Chris

Phil Tereny
5 minutes ago, Chris Frasure said:

The trick here was looking for Aerosoft Europe instead of the default USA store.  The USA store doesn't have the hardware available yet.  Shipping is $41 but seems worth it for the time.

Chris

Nothing a proxy couldn’t handle. And without any intention to advertise, the money is worth it!

Just wonder when the speedbrake module will out, I'm currently running a Saitek one with the left level modfied as a speedbrake level, I want replace it by TCA one, but I don't want lose the analog speedbrake (And I don't have the space for Saitek+TCA)

Timm Rehberg
On 9/24/2020 at 5:35 PM, Norman Blackburn said:

Better than "I know nothing"! :rolleyes:

Jordan Collins

Does the throttle have detents or not? Some ppl say it does others say it doesn’t. Detents would be the only reason I’d buy it because the honeycomb bravo is on the way already 

Andrew Wilson
6 minutes ago, Jordan Collins said:

Does the throttle have detents or not? Some ppl say it does others say it doesn’t. Detents would be the only reason I’d buy it because the honeycomb bravo is on the way already 

It does.

• Like 1
Stu Antonio

We need a thread of „reasons why you need that big stupid thing, you already got that boeing-A-20-joystick-thing you were so hyped about, isn‘t that enough for your plane-game??“ ... for the married ones of us :D

• Like 3
Zachary Kerr

You joke....but i have a handful of throttle quadrants (i have a throttletek 737 quadrant, a throttletek a320 quadrant, the warthog quadrant, a virtualfly throttle quadrant and 2 different virpil throttle quadrants) and need a dedicated closet to store these things.  My wife makes fun of me daily for it. I remind her that at least my habits/addicitions are safe for our family and have me home at night. Its not like am off at the bar drinking all night, or gambling late into the eve, or smoking crack in an ally somewhere. 

i guess my point is.....i totally get where you are coming from!  And i wouldnt have it any other way!

• Like 3
phil highton

There's not enough buttons ans switches to bind on that throttle quad yes it looks pretty and realistic maybe but it needs more stuff on it, just saying! 

Pascal Blau

Well then get a different one, but that one is quite close to the real one and don´t forget, there will be additions such as flap and spoiler levers with various more buttons (prk brk, ldg gear and so on)

• Like 1
Rob Bates

Yep got desk clamps last week. They're good. Although one of mine was missing the rubber pads. They are however bigger than i imagined. I removed the one for my sidestick already - keep catching my legs on it if i move, despite having a big desk (and as i now have to work from home (thanks Covid), i need space to work. So im leaving one clamp boxed up and will probably sell it on, and just keep one for the throttle. Looking forward to that coming in a few weeks hopefully!

Chris Frasure
On 10/4/2020 at 2:12 PM, Rob Bates said:

Yep got desk clamps last week. They're good. Although one of mine was missing the rubber pads. They are however bigger than i imagined. I removed the one for my sidestick already - keep catching my legs on it if i move, despite having a big desk (and as i now have to work from home (thanks Covid), i need space to work. So im leaving one clamp boxed up and will probably sell it on, and just keep one for the throttle. Looking forward to that coming in a few weeks hopefully!

Would you mind telling me the width of the clamp?  I want to see how much space it is going to take up on the desk.

Chris

Zachary Kerr

22 minutes ago, Chris Frasure said:

Would you mind telling me the width of the clamp?  I want to see how much space it is going to take up on the desk.

Chris

Its just shy of 9 inches (22.8 cm) wide (at its widest point).

Chris Frasure
1 hour ago, Zachary Kerr said:

Its just shy of 9 inches (22.8 cm) wide (at its widest point).

Thanks man!

Chris

Chris Frasure

I have the clamp for the throttle but thought I’d try and save some cash for the sidestick. Found this mouse stand from amazon and it worked perfectly. 

76BE21E5-3DEA-4997-9A8C-00D8EBED5A30.jpeg

6F837BB3-6D33-49E8-99C5-FD8BE8B99679.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Markus Miller

For everyone interested, here is what might be the first TCA Throttle shown in a review. Although its Chinese you get some good first impressions:

• Like 5
Bob Zolto

In his announcement today, Lefteris mentioned that the Airbus hardware is automatically set up.  I have the stick (waiting for throttle coming end of month) and am wondering if there is a diagram of what actions are linked to the buttons?  I have some done through the sim, but they might not be the same as the ones FSL sets up.

• Like 1
Dominik Stahel

I have the sidestick and when I first started a flight with the newest update, it asked, if the red button should be linked to autopilot disconnect, everything else (as far as I have seen) remained how I set it up.

Bob Zolto

Thanks.  I have the red button linked to AP Disco anyway.

Zachary Kerr
On 10/8/2020 at 6:15 PM, Chris Frasure said:

I have the clamp for the throttle but thought I’d try and save some cash for the sidestick. Found this mouse stand from amazon and it worked perfectly. 

great idea - but is it sturdy enough to support the various movements and pressure we exert on the side-stick during flight?  If so, I am buying one!

Chris Frasure
1 minute ago, Zachary Kerr said:

great idea - but is it sturdy enough to support the various movements and pressure we exert on the side-stick during flight?  If so, I am buying one!

Absolutely!  At least the one I bought.

• Lefteris Kalamaras changed the title to [Resolved]Thrustmaster Airbus Throttle
  • Norman Blackburn changed the title to Thrustmaster Airbus Throttle