Well this is slightly embarrassing

phil highton

phil highton

Well, after all my comments and gesticulating  all over the place "Iam not buying it until" this addon and that addon works, I just bought it :unsure: lol and thinking of things to do as the massive 95gig update thing is happening :D

• Haha 2
Christoph Sebek
1 hour ago, phil highton said:

Well, after all my comments and gesticulating  all over the place "Iam not buying it until" this addon and that addon works, I just bought it :unsure: lol and thinking of things to do as the massive 95gig update thing is happening :D

Just signed up for the Game Pass myself and downloading the app as I am writing these lines. Will try how MSFS performs on my system (w/1070) :ph34r:

• Like 1
phil highton

Hope it's as good as it looks on streams with 9700k /1080ti/32gb system I have fingers crossed lol

Sabine Meier
7 minutes ago, phil highton said:

Hope it's as good as it looks on streams with 9700k /1080ti/32gb system I have fingers crossed lol

you should be fine. i would suggest leaving the graphics settings on default, what it recommends for you, the first time.

phil highton

OK I will try that first, I run only nvme's and ssd 's too Keon so Iam hoping for good things. My Internet speed is around 30mbs is that OK for scenery streaming thing? 

Sabine Meier
2 minutes ago, phil highton said:

OK I will try that first, I run only nvme's and ssd 's too Keon so Iam hoping for good things. My Internet speed is around 30mbs is that OK for scenery streaming thing? 

30megabyte per second should be good. i genuinly think that once the teething issues are solved it is a wonderfull sim.

28 minutes ago, Christoph Sebek said:

Just signed up for the Game Pass myself and downloading the app as I am writing these lines. Will try how MSFS performs on my system (w/1070) :ph34r:

I got a 1070 as well, max. 70% usage, looks like the CPU is more important than the GPU.

• Thanks 1
phil highton

Thanks fellas, yes on early reviews and tests it does really like this sim is the future 

David Murden

I think you last post got deleted, is it that we cannot talk about MSFS?

Just fly the 172 steam gauge and Fly at 3000-5000 and use live weather and go blow your mind.

I bought Orbx KBUR and KSBA today the flight was an OMG. breathtaking. But any flight anywhere gives the same result.

Here is two 172 and one of London to wet your appetite.

D4wvi-RQo-Sd.jpg

5-Zp-MHr1-SMd.jpg

Lets see if this one gets deleted?

• Thanks 2
phil highton

I thought so, I was looking for it all over his morning, why?, that's abit annoying did I say something wrong?, anyway I feel abit stupid now but just couldn't resist lol I will try your suggestions when the 95gb is done I reckon I will need a shave by then 

Ps: FSL can you kindly let me know why the post was deleted please, rgds to all

phil highton
14 minutes ago, David Murden said:

I think you last post got deleted, is it that we cannot talk about MSFS?

Just fly the 172 steam gauge and Fly at 3000-5000 and use live weather and go blow your mind.

I bought Orbx KBUR and KSBA today the flight was an OMG. breathtaking. But any flight anywhere gives the same result.

Here is two 172 and one of London to wet your appetite.

D4wvi-RQo-Sd.jpg

5-Zp-MHr1-SMd.jpg

Lets see if this one gets deleted?

Maybe because it's not really relevant even in the general section of this forum? 

phil highton

That's what dreams are made of my friend, I remember a post I made a few months back when waiting for v5 update  something "oh my beloved Bus where for art thou" so here we go again lol

Stephen Freund

The MSFS 2020 A320 is seriously terrible compared to the FSLabs A320.  Looks good, but that is it.   I was so disappointed, I came running back to my P3D v5.  The MSFS2020 is great for VFR fun flying in GA aircraft.  I really hope FSL's create an A320 for that sim.

• Like 2
Steve Prowse
2 hours ago, Stephen Freund said:

The MSFS 2020 A320 is seriously terrible compared to the FSLabs A320.  Looks good, but that is it. 

Well it seems to me if it was to the same standard as FSL’s version, surely they,FSL, would go out of business.  The MFS version is a version, a default version, that those new to flight sim can fly without the need to spend hours reading up on before they get off the ground .   Just how did we manage without ‘study level simulations’.  Horses for courses....

• Thanks 1
Steve Prowse
33 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

What makes fslabs special is the added features.

Yes I appreciate that, my point is that it is absurd to compare a default version of the A320, as found in MFS, to the FSL version.  You may consider the MFS version as a valuable stepping stone for flight simmers before they advance to, in this case, the FSL version, if they want to.  That is the fantastic thing with MFS, there is a wide selection of default aircraft to use, to try, and above all to gain experience in flying various airframes.  How else will new flight simmers gain the necessary skills and theory required before they try the ‘study level airframes’?

phil highton

Well boys it's all gone pear shaped, downloaded fs2020 installed but took 23 hrs, clearly something wrong, the game won't let me stream the scenery because Internet speed to slow, I have 40 mbps coming into the house (confirmed) and then it's all going wrong, my sim computers are in bits (, one is dead right now) andmy main sim computer internetis at 7mbps so slow , funny thing is I was quite happy with P3d v5 lol, will report back if I get up and running again! 

J0hannes Butz

Phil have you fiddled around with your network settings in Windows?

I'm thinking of the "Download from other Windows PCs" option. Haven't noticed any improvements for MSFS on my end, but maybe it does the opposite?

Marvin Toepfer
19 hours ago, phil highton said:

Well boys it's all gone pear shaped, downloaded fs2020 installed but took 23 hrs, clearly something wrong, the game won't let me stream the scenery because Internet speed to slow, I have 40 mbps coming into the house (confirmed) and then it's all going wrong, my sim computers are in bits (, one is dead right now) andmy main sim computer internetis at 7mbps so slow , funny thing is I was quite happy with P3d v5 lol, will report back if I get up and running again! 

look under FAQs in the flightsim forums ;) 

phil highton

Hi, it's up and running, it looks fantastic GA is wonderful, but tubeliners are still away to go, lots of work to be done by Msfs and devs alike but it looks like this sim is the future! 

Camille MOUCHEL

MSFS will a game changer when study level airliner will be available on the platform.

I will keep flying on p3dv5 with the fsl but mostly in XP11 with A300-600 because my old 4790k can't get me satisfactory fps with fsl on vatsim.

frustrating to have around 22-25 FPS during the flight but when in final apporach at LSGG on vatsim, the FPS dunks below 17-18FPS and you fail the flare....

Christoph Sebek

GA flying, even Bizjet, is enjoyable once you get accustomed. :wub:

But yeah, as  there are no study level airlines available, I will definitely also keep V5 running as long as possible. B)

Camille MOUCHEL
1 minute ago, Christoph Sebek said:

GA flying, even Bizjet, is enjoyable once you get accustomed. :wub:

But yeah, as  there are no study level airlines available, I will definitely also keep V5 running as long as possible. B)

might need to wait just 2021 to get the 737NG3 from PMDG into MSFS and hoping that they won't fail the flare behaviour lol

Christoph Sebek
15 minutes ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

might need to wait just 2021 to get the 737NG3 from PMDG into MSFS and hoping that they won't fail the flare behaviour lol

I don`t mind waiting. Neither for A319 V5 update, Sharklets, have other things to do rather than worrying. ^_^

But just imaging FSLabs with the MFS atmosphere. :wub: This definitely will be something to look forward to. B)

• Like 1
Pascal Wagner

A huge amount of people including real 320 plitos have gathered together, to improve the standard 320 from MSFS. I think they mean it seriously. So i m pretty sure this bus will be kind of a zibo in near future and will fulfill most of your actual desires. A wonderful laborweekend t y all... 

So be patient 

• 3 weeks later...
Stephen Freund
On 8/26/2020 at 4:10 AM, Steve Prowse said:

Well it seems to me if it was to the same standard as FSL’s version, surely they,FSL, would go out of business.  The MFS version is a version, a default version, that those new to flight sim can fly without the need to spend hours reading up on before they get off the ground .   Just how did we manage without ‘study level simulations’.  Horses for courses....

I agree with you completely, I just wish they had put just a little more effort in their default version.

• 3 weeks later...
Graham Collins

For me simming is all about process and realism in the cockpit.  The scenery outside is secondary.  MSFS seems to me to be style over content.  I see it as a game, aimed at getting the 'shoot 'em up' brigade out of their F-15s and into something a little more serious. 

I have no intention of going through all the hassle described above.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
Kristian Berg

Try the modded A32NX by Flybywire in MSFS, its WIP etc but its damn great if u ask me :) and it takes u 10 secs to install! «Depends on internetspeed and blahblah :)»

It's little to nothing better systems-wise than the default, which is expected. Hardly anything i dare waste time with.

MSFS right now it's just scenery waiting to be flown by proper aircraft. Mine was the worst purchase of the year just sitting and waiting...

On 11/14/2020 at 5:07 PM, Nuno M Pinto said:

It's little to nothing better systems-wise than the default, which is expected. Hardly anything i dare waste time with.

MSFS right now it's just scenery waiting to be flown by proper aircraft. Mine was the worst purchase of the year just sitting and waiting...

I too have abandoned MSFS.  All the hype and glam-shots prior to release failed to acknowledge that pretty scenery would be the extent of it - quite frustrating for some of us who took the bait and bought into it.  I happen to be a pilot IRL, and I take my simming seriously.

Reading recent AVSIM forum posts, it looks like despite patch after patch, not much has improved, and in fact, some of the patches actually broke things.  If Asobo ever gets it together to the point that any serious simming can be done, I may return to check it out.  For now, nope, life's too short.  P3D's where I spend my time and money.

• Like 1

Their mistake is what happens software-wise these days all the time: Release things before they have been finished, thoroughly tested and debugged. By finished i mean an MVP, not a bunch of bugs which deteriorates the pleasure of using such software. Being a developer myself i sometimes witness releases being made when implementation isn't even finished just so the user has something to look at, but hardly works... I hate it, but it's the reality of working for someone else.

• Like 1
David Porrett
1 hour ago, Dave Potter said:

Reading recent AVSIM forum posts

There seems to be a lot of confirmation bias over there with MSFS. I accidentally uninstalled MSFS and I've happily left it that way until it evolves to the extent needed to run advanced add-ons. The crowd at Avsim are very intolerant of anything negative about MSFS, even if the comment is relevant and made in the correct manner - the poster is frequently subjected to ridicule and at times, abuse. They are trying to convince themselves it is better than sliced bread when, except for the visuals, it has a long way to go for prime time other than appealing to the gamer market.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, David Porrett said:

There seems to be a lot of confirmation bias over there with MSFS. I accidentally uninstalled MSFS and I've happily left it that way until it evolves to the extent needed to run advanced add-ons. The crowd at Avsim are very intolerant of anything negative about MSFS, even if the comment is relevant and made in the correct manner - the poster is frequently subjected to ridicule and at times, abuse. They are trying to convince themselves it is better than sliced bread when, except for the visuals, it has a long way to go for prime time other than appealing to the gamer market.

O.M.G.  You hit the nail squarely on the head, my good friend.  And their "confirmation bias" isn't limited to MSFS - it's pervasive throughout the website.  Objectivity isn't tolerated there, and you will pay a penalty for posting such.

On AVSIM, with all its claims to fame and accolades, intolerance is the order of the day.  Criticism and negativity are strictly verboten, even when it comes from knowledge and experience - I'm a licensed 2,000+ hours pilot.  on AVSIM, it's all sweetness and light, and if someone does have the gall and unadulterated temerity to post anything critical, LET THE INDIGNANCE BEGIN!  It's the flight simulation version of "The King Has No Clothes", and they play it well.

Once I recognized AVSIM for what it is, I very quickly deleted my account.  Political correctness doesn't exist in my world, and I refuse to waste my time debating intellectually-vacant and/or uninformed topics with anyone.  I'm glad someone else sees AVSIM for what it is.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Dave Potter said:

Once I recognized AVSIM for what it is, I very quickly deleted my account.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but so am I, so let me tell you your words seem unfair. I've been on AVSIM actually ever since it came to existence some twenty years ago. There are a lot of knowledgeable and helpful people. I have solved a lot of flightsim problems following advice found on AVSIM. Sure, you will find some irritating persons over there, but this is when the ignore function comes in handy, just like it does here in the forums.

• Like 3
Artur Araripe
On 11/14/2020 at 8:07 PM, Nuno M Pinto said:

Yea mine is basically a screenshot simulator at this point, can't take it seriously yet. Maybe one day.

7 hours ago, Rafal Haczek said:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but so am I, so let me tell you your words seem unfair. I've been on AVSIM actually ever since it came to existence some twenty years ago. There are a lot of knowledgeable and helpful people. I have solved a lot of flightsim problems following advice found on AVSIM. Sure, you will find some irritating persons over there, but this is when the ignore function comes in handy, just like it does here in the forums.

Yes, we're all entitled to our opinions, and they often don't agree, which is fine. 

20 years on AVSIM, huh?  That would be around 2001, a year before I sold my last real airplane, a '66 Piper Comanche B.  Been simming since the '80s, when the first MSFS appeared as green stick shapes on a little monochrome monitor for an IBM PC, with its 3 1/2" floppy discs .  And those were still the old DOS days, well before the first MS Windows arrived on the scene.  My, how time DOES fly.  But I digress.

My opinion of AVSIM is based on the "Often Wrong, But Never In Doubt" theme so prevalent there.  Too much of the discussions there are based solely on supposition and speculation, not facts.  And although most of the members are only simmers, they've convinced themselves that alone makes them knowledgeable "pilots", which is laughable.  I just don't have time for the nonsense or the pretense.

Simming is an enjoyable pastime and hobby, and I suppose AVSIM has a place in the larger scheme of things for some people, but not for me.

Trevor Hannant

I'm happy flying in MSFS for low level slow VFR flights as, IMO, that's all it's currently useful for.   For my "big tin" fix, P5D is still my chosen platform and I'll continue to invest in that for some time yet.

As for AVSIM, once PMDG moved their support forum off of there, I've stopped using it.   Never been a fan of the site due to the combatitive nature of a lot of the posters when I did read the site.