Am I ever so happy

Árni Stefán Árnason

Árni Stefán Árnason

I have been struggllng for 2 days to get a recently published platform to work on Steam to test the NEO. I manage to do so with my friend pc finally as I always get the error msg: Flightsim...has stopped working.

Am I ever so happy to have the FSL on the solid P35.The other platform has a long way to go.

Thank  you FS labs and not the least the support team.

• Like 1
NilsUnger

Sure, but imagine the FSLabs products in the new sim.

For them it's good that the default NEO is not even close to being competitive. All the market of highly advanced Airbus and Concorde aircraft could be theirs.

Time will tell. I hope they find / hire additional manpower and go the pmdg way rather quickly.

• Like 1
Hendrik Schall

But how about the performance....from what I read MSFS without add-ons has a worse performance the P5D has now with FSlabs and lots of addons....I'm very satisfied with my current fluent smooth set up and would expect to have something like 10 fps with MSFS and Fslabs. So perhabs in 5 years PCs will be good eneugh?!

• Like 1
Stefan Vollstedt

I get 60FPS locked with my hardware on "High-End" Settings. With the NEO or the 747 I can achieve 40-50FPS e.g. in ORBX Leeds....

Yeah it mitght be a heavy sim but when you compare it to P3Dv5s graphics...

Worlds in between, really!

Even P3Dv5 is nice with TrueSky, MSFS plays in its own league.

And compared to the massive graphics improvement i think it has a smooth engine.

And compared that it is still feeling like a "beta" version with many small bugs....

Its so nice, do a flight in the evening with sunset. You will hardly close your mouth :-)

Stefan Vollstedt

Also keep in mind that you have to use a lot of addons to make P3D quite "good looking". I would say for MSFS2020 I only need a good airliner. For the complete rest you really don't need any addons, except from airports.

Árni Stefán Árnason

Boy you got me there. If you try to visit one of the most popular vatsim destination as soon as you reach area51 which is the location of BIKF the sim crashes my colloques tell me. And if you plan a flight into EKVG there is not airfield there, nevertheless a very popular destination and the Faroe islands even have af few A320 operating out of there.
All this is flawless with default P3D and XP.

Pat Brooks

Installed it. Used it. Graphics great but overall performance I was not impressed with. Uninstalled it. Requested and getting my refund back in a few days.

Sticking with P3D for now which is very stable and works just great for me.

The new product definitely has issues. Will bide my time and maybe in another year I will give it a try again. Hopefully by then it will become a more stable platform and certain aircraft addons will also become available to utilize with it.

• Like 1
Árni Stefán Árnason

How did you proceed with getting a refund as I get a constant repeated error msg. Fligtsim.exe stopped.....upon pressing any key to get the sim started.

Pat Brooks

Depends on where you purchased it. I did mine through MS.

Logged into my MS account and opened "My Microsoft Account".

Opened "Payment & Billing - Order History". 

There should be a section though on the left side of the page for Return/Refund.

Select Refund and fill out the request. Got the refund approval back in <24hrs.

The web page has changed for me since I initially requested my refund. I had bought the deluxe version and it now shows that the product has been fully refunded.

Of course it will take a couple of days for the money to show back up in my account.

Hope this helps.

MSFS Refund.jpg

Árni Stefán Árnason

Had mine from Steam. Refund within an hour.  Indeed a surprise and praise to Steam.
Refund will be nice for the Skalarki desktop pedestal in the pipeline.

Jonathan Li

Pray tell: As a prospective buyer of MFS2020, what are the biggest modeling differences are there between the MFS2020 default A320neo and the FSLabs A320neo in the avionics and systems department?

The youtube videos I've seen look like these default aircraft are unusually high quality, for default aircraft anyways, considering how lightly the default FS2004/FSX/P3D aircraft are modeled.

Koen Meier
18 minutes ago, Jonathan Li said:

Pray tell: As a prospective buyer of MFS2020, what are the biggest modeling differences are there between the MFS2020 default A320neo and the FSLabs A320neo in the avionics and systems department?

The youtube videos I've seen look like these default aircraft are unusually high quality, for default aircraft anyways, considering how lightly the default FS2004/FSX/P3D aircraft are modeled.

Fslabs haven’t even announced an a320neo nor have they announced anything for the new sim.

from what I have seen if the default a320neo. Only some buttons are animated and functional, for example only two ecam pages are useable, somewhat useable fmgc and no holds possible. I would say it has only 10% functionality over the fslabs a320 that is available for p3d v4.5/5. 

Steven Silva

I have read a lot about MSFS reimbursements from people who are veterans and who have spent years in the simulation that MSFS will be a failure and will be used only by gamers in a few words it will be a failure because it lacks many things, it has a thousand errors and I also listen To say that they never listened to the beta testers or the alphas and now because of the ego that they had everything perfect, it will be forgotten. I will wait a year and six months and see what happened to him especially with the mouse joke and flight physics

Filip Nowak

Honestly you know I bet on that that veterans of flight simulators will want refunding for MSFS. With the whole respect MSFS is a nice beta so far, and for us veterans I think it is much much important the level of planes and airports than trees and terrain shapes and arcade flying around trees.

Fully agree their A320neo is 10% of FSLab and even this 10% not working correctly ... Just like I came from XP11 to P3D because of FSLab A320 (Love Airbuses hate Boeings) I think long time will take before people will grab for MSFS.

• Like 2
Faruk Eroglu
18 minutes ago, Filip Nowak said:

Honestly you know I bet on that that veterans of flight simulators will want refunding for MSFS. With the whole respect MSFS is a nice beta so far, and for us veterans I think it is much much important the level of planes and airports than trees and terrain shapes and arcade flying around trees.

Fully agree their A320neo is 10% of FSLab and even this 10% not working correctly ... Just like I came from XP11 to P3D because of FSLab A320 (Love Airbuses hate Boeings) I think long time will take before people will grab for MSFS.

Sadly my feelings are slightly similar, I was planning to switch to P3D from X-Plane, mostly because of lack of good Airbuses and even Boeings like 747, 777 etc.

I tried MSFS and loving it so far, but I really feel that FSLabs won't be coming to MSFS. They still haven't made an announcement, I guess they will stay with P3Dv5 :(

• Like 1
Christoph Sebek

As there are still under various NDA - and they must be DIFFERENT to other developers - only time will tell. 

Ulas Ates

I personally have been really enjoying the new simulator. To be honest so much so that I have not played P3Dv5 for sometime. I think in time, some of the well knows bugs and optimizations will make the sim more enjoyable. Ever since the Alpha stage, I have seen how good the developers been implementing updates regularly and taking note of feedback from people. So I have no doubt that bugs will be fixed on the sim very quickly. They have been really open about everything. 

I can also understand why the default airplanes are what they are. Its purely due to commercial reasons. As devs at MFS highlighted, they are building a platform so that there is sustainability for many years to come. This is a great news for 3rd party developers and for us consumers.

When I first used the sim at alpha stage, it took me a while to get used to it but once you get used to it its a good experience.

Happy flying...

• Like 2
Karl Brooker
3 hours ago, Christoph Sebek said:

As there are still under various NDA - and they must be DIFFERENT to other developers - only time will tell. 

If developers have different levels of access or different levels on NDA, that's not a platform I'm interested in. A company playing favourites isn't good; there should be a level playing field.

• Like 1
Andreas Guther
3 hours ago, Christoph Sebek said:

Is it really the case?

Christoph Sebek

At least that's what I heard on other sites, whether it's true, only time will tell and FSL knows. It's all a big guessing game. :blink:

NilsUnger

From what I've experienced personally now for two days I'm even more convinced that this will be the community's main sim in the future. Except for the installation experience (Xbox account needed) I really like it from the start. The price tag is also fair and from the first look it seems that add-on scenery devs offer lower prices compared to p3d. 

Matthew Webb

I like the new sim.   Now, for me, it's MSFS for VFR, P3D for IFR.   As soon as FSL get onto MSFS (I know it'll take a while), it'll be my primary sim.   It's brilliant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Filip Nowak
On 8/22/2020 at 9:53 AM, Matthew Webb said:

I like the new sim.   Now, for me, it's MSFS for VFR, P3D for IFR.   As soon as FSL get onto MSFS (I know it'll take a while), it'll be my primary sim.   It's brilliant.

Yes sir. When FSL will get into MSFS probably tons of bugs will be fixed too in MSFS and lots of sceneries to be added. XP11 and P3Dv5 might be wiped out from discs I assume.

• 2 weeks later...
Brendan Richards

I've been fairly active on the MSFS Forums and reading a lot. I've currently got MSFS installed by Gamepass (I wasn't willing to shell out the full RRP for the game yet, but wanted to be involved early on)

I had very little issues with installing, although it took 3 hours to download on my Fiber connection. I'd played around with it a little, did the "search for my home" and found it. It seems to perform fairly decent at the moment (i7 8700K, GTX 1080, 16GB RAM (Upgraded to 64GB because why not)) however I do recognise there are a lot of issues still.

The biggest issue for me and quite a few others, by far, is the weather engine at the moment is broken. There's multiple 300+ post threads on the MSFS forums about this, some users even contacting Meteoblue, which has also shown concern about this and is supposedly now receiving attention from MS/Asobo.

I was honestly surprised at how much detail the default A320 actually has in it, for a 'default aircraft' but it's also known that the Jets (Airliners) in MSFS are very poorly optimized and not finished... but I also never expected these Aircraft to even come close to the third party developers (such as FSLabs) who have spent thousands of hours providing excruciating detail on their products, given Asobo basically have a whole world to focus on.

I won't uninstall it or ask for a refund as I'm still optimistic that this platform has a bright future, once MS and Asobo start spitting out the patches.

I'm that optimistic in this, that I've gone and ordered a i9-10900K and have the credit card ready for a RTX3090 once they start hitting the market.

Anyone else here that is still playing with MSFS, I cannot express how important it is to submit any issues or bugs you find to their Support Ticket system for addressing, so that this platform can really 'bloom'

Thanks,
Brendan.