PFPX to Sim Brief Import

Eric Fisher

So, I have about 30 or so aircraft profiles regarding registrations, weights, fuel burns, etc... setup within PFPX. Is there a way to import those into SimBrief or does SimBrief not even have this functionality? 

Sabine Meier
Just now, Eric Fisher said:

So, I have about 30 or so aircraft profiles regarding registrations, weights, fuel burns, etc... setup within PFPX. Is there a way to import those into SimBrief or does SimBrief not even have this functionality? 

Simbrief has aircraft profiles but you need to manually add them and change them. And there are no specific fuel burn for engines.

Norman Blackburn

Eric, Im gripping onto my PFPX for grim life.  The rest of the team are trying to get me to switch and I have that same fear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
18 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Eric, Im gripping onto my PFPX for grim life.  The rest of the team are trying to get me to switch and I have that same fear.

I take it the rest of the team aren't Concorde current then...?!

19 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

You know Norman, I looked at Simbrief yesterday, even have an account with them. But PFPX is like that old t-shirt that is your go to when you want to be comfortable. I have used PFPX for so long now and have so many profiles built into it. It's like a garden that has been tended to for years. Everything is growing just like you expect it to. I think I will wait to I absolutely cannot use it anymore before a switch. 

• Like 2
Norman Blackburn
1 hour ago, Fraser Gale said:

I take it the rest of the team aren't Concorde current then...?!

I wish!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Eric Fisher said:

You know Norman, I looked at Simbrief yesterday, even have an account with them. But PFPX is like that old t-shirt that is your go to when you want to be comfortable. I have used PFPX for so long now and have so many profiles built into it. It's like a garden that has been tended to for years. Everything is growing just like you expect it to. I think I will wait to I absolutely cannot use it anymore before a switch. 

I agree with this.  The fact that I could make a profile for Concorde with reasonably correct fuel figures for PFPX but I cannot do anything like it for Simbrief means I'm sticking with PFPX for Concy and Simbrief for the Airbus.