Sign in to follow this  
Aidan Rogers

CPDLC Procedures

Aidan Rogers

Hello all,

I've started using CPDLC as much as I can, and am having a blast with it. One thing I'm not sure about though, do you need to initiate voice contact first then request CPDLC? Or can you just straight up request it, say when given a frequency change from departures to centre? And when changing freqs when already using it, can you simply send a CPDLC request for the next FIR or do you have to make voice contact first?

Cheers

Koen Meier
Just now, Aidan Rogers said:

Hello all,

I've started using CPDLC as much as I can, and am having a blast with it. One thing I'm not sure about though, do you need to initiate voice contact first then request CPDLC? Or can you just straight up request it, say when given a frequency change from departures to centre? And when changing freqs when already using it, can you simply send a CPDLC request for the next FIR or do you have to make voice contact first?

Cheers

you always need to make an initial VHF call with each station you are in contact with. if you are using vatsim some good pointers are posted here https://forums.vatsim.net/topic/28264-a-few-facts-about-cpdlc/ 

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this