Stu Antonio

Auto-taxi?

Stu Antonio

Hi,

just wondering, is there an auto-taxi tool out there that can taxi the aircraft to a specific gate after landing? 

David Murden

Have you been out in the sun to long today Stu? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Khoa Nguyen
15 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Hi,

just wondering, is there an auto-taxi tool out there that can taxi the aircraft to a specific gate after landing? 

Why on earth would someone need a tool like that ? :blink:

Stu Antonio
6 minutes ago, David Murden said:

Have you been out in the sun to long today Stu? :D

:D Must have been...

But seriously, the „routes“ are there, I thought maybe there is a tool that can simulate a control change after landing (especially if you‘re flying as FO, who aren‘t allowed to taxi at most EU airlines). 

Just now, Khoa Nguyen said:

Why on earth would someone need a tool like that ? :blink:

Immersion. Realism. Insurance reasons. :D

J0hannes Butz

Stu you could look into UGCX by FS2Crew, you can let the tool tow you to a certain gate, although I don't know whether this works everywhere or only on specific positions (i. e. RWY end or other gates).

I've got the tool but never really used it because GSX is just easier to use... Maybe someone else has used it for towing already?

Stu Antonio
1 minute ago, J0hannes Butz said:

Stu you could look into UGCX by FS2Crew, you can let the tool tow you to a certain gate, although I don't know whether this works everywhere or only on specific positions (i. e. RWY end or other gates).

I've got the tool but never really used it because GSX is just easier to use... Maybe someone else has used it for towing already?

Thanks Jo, I already thought of this but it‘s not exaclty what I mean. But I guess said tool doesn‘t exist..... yet :)

Together with FS2C it would be a cool addition I think...

Pat Brooks

Stu - this is a screenshot from Aivlasoft EFB2 and it shows me my taxi out procedures to rwy 27.

2034042845_AivlasoftEFB2.thumb.jpg.0517572e4cab89218beee97d951636b3.jpg

You can also use it for taxing in to a specific gate after landing.

May or may not be what your looking for but it comes in handy.

TI.jpg

TO.jpg

Holger Teutsch

On certain airports taxiing is the true challenge.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3 mit Tapatalk

Stu Antonio

It‘s not so much about not being able to find my way, it‘s more like a thing of realism. On many airlines only the CPT is allowed to taxi. So flying as an FO, after landing (upon vacating the rwy), the CPT takes over control, leaving the FO with other after landing duties while he taxi to the gate. That‘s what my initial idea was.... 

See for example this video (3:58 mark)

Koen Meier

Promote yourself to captain. Also some airports only have captain view based docking systems.

Marc Stanford

Actually auto taxi is about to be a real thing, read up on the new automated system Airbus developed for the A350 called the Autonomous Taxi, Takeoff, and Landing (ATTOL).

• Like 1

Stu Antonio

Maybe it's something @Bryan York will implement some day :D

Marc Ehnle

GSX warps you to the gate

• Haha 1

Stu Antonio
4 minutes ago, Marc Ehnle said:

GSX warps you to the gate

True, but not the point here. 

Marc Ehnle
8 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

Actually auto taxi is about to be a real thing, read up on the new automated system Airbus developed for the A350 called the Autonomous Taxi, Takeoff, and Landing (ATTOL).

Great. I‘ve lately been flying in a Super Dimona (basically a Katana with motor glider registration) with an A320 pilot.. you would expect a professional pilot to know how to fly. Actually. I certainly don‘t want to talk bad about all Airbus pilots but maybe Airbus‘ concept to incapacitate their crews is not the most desireable way. I found it distressing to name it politely.

Marc Ehnle
4 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

True, but not the point here. 

Yup I‘ve just read the first question xD I got the point of the thread shortly after :D 

Søren Rasmussen
14 hours ago, Pat Brooks said:

this is a screenshot from Aivlasoft EFB2

Hi Pat,

Do you know how many client PCs the license cover 1 or 2 or more? I havn't been able to get that info from the Aivlasoft site.

Søren Rasmussen
2 hours ago, Søren Rasmussen said:

Hi Pat,

Do you know how many client PCs the license cover 1 or 2 or more? I havn't been able to get that info from the Aivlasoft site.

Guess I found the answer myself :-)

Bob Zolto

@Marc Ehnle  Off topic, but professional pilots who have trouble in small planes.  Gave a 747 captain a checkout ride in a C-182.  He flared at about 20-feet above the runway.  Nothing broke when we hit, but it was one heck of a bounce.  He said he was too used to the sight line from a 747 cockpit.

Marc Ehnle
On 7/30/2020 at 5:02 PM, Bob Zolto said:

@Marc Ehnle  Off topic, but professional pilots who have trouble in small planes.  Gave a 747 captain a checkout ride in a C-182.  He flared at about 20-feet above the runway.  Nothing broke when we hit, but it was one heck of a bounce.  He said he was too used to the sight line from a 747 cockpit.

Haha I can imagine that, eye muscle coordination.. it sometimes happens that I want to shift with my left foot in the car when I‘ve ridden my bike every day. But I‘m more concerned about basic aviation stuff like energy management, performance relations of pitch and power etc. Too many  computers doing too many calculations. Setting up a proper idle circuit... And last but not least: fly a straight line.

Bob Zolto

@Marc Ehnle  When I was training for my PPL, I found myself on leaving the airport trying to turn my car to the left my stamping on the brake.

• Haha 1

Jan van Hecke

I fly for a European airline (one that has smurfs and tintin on its A320s ;)) and when I was f/o on the A320 I was allowed to taxi. Nowadays i'm f/o on A330 at that same airline and I am allowed to taxi that beast as well .. so nothing unrealistic about taxiing as an f/o ..

• Like 1

Nuno M Pinto
On 7/29/2020 at 9:37 PM, Stu Antonio said:

It‘s not so much about not being able to find my way, it‘s more like a thing of realism. On many airlines only the CPT is allowed to taxi. So flying as an FO, after landing (upon vacating the rwy), the CPT takes over control, leaving the FO with other after landing duties while he taxi to the gate. That‘s what my initial idea was.... 

See for example this video (3:58 mark)

This video made me perform their legs more than 20 times already. This is why i keep asking for the D-AICK Condor livery once a new update to the 320 requires so :P

I don't know why, maybe because GCLA is a beautiful, challenging airport or the feel of going out from EDDM with all the snowy weather into sunny La Palma makes me do so. I just like it :)

</busted>

Stu Antonio
22 minutes ago, Nuno M Pinto said:

This video made me perform their legs more than 20 times already. This is why i keep asking for the D-AICK Condor livery once a new update to the 320 requires so :P

I don't know why, maybe because GCLA is a beautiful, challenging airport or the feel of going out from EDDM with all the snowy weather into sunny La Palma makes me do so. I just like it :)

</busted>

C‘mon, admit it, you only have eyes for the cute FO :wub: :D

• Haha 1

Nuno M Pinto

12 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

C‘mon, admit it, you only have eyes for the cute FO :wub: :D

FO? Oh, i hadn't noticed her yet!

:ph34r: