A Few Control Questions

Ross McDonagh

Ross McDonagh

After much searching in here, I’ve come to the conclusion I have to post a topic.  I’m using a CH Throttle Quad which has an idle detent but also doesn’t have the “button” past the detent-rather it’s a small throttle number range.  I’ve spent the week in “ground school” going over procedures, making mouse macros/assigning controls and attempting to get my settings just right.  Today my TMCA sidestick arrives and I’m excited to take the first flight.  My apologies if this topic is in the wrong place but I wasn’t quite sure how to ask these questions and I didn’t want to post multiple times.  My apologies to the mods/staff if this is in the wrong spot.  Anyone can feel free to move this and or link me to the right topics that I may have missed.  

My questions are:

1. Can I set two of my unused levers to be a “reverse axis” vs a button push in FSUIPC?  Will the Bus allow that?  I messed around with the MCDU to set detents, but I’m wondering if I can make it happen.  I had an issue in my Boeing last night with the small range of unlock to reverse and I had the epiphany to set the unused levers for the Boeing.  But, with  the way FSLabs handles the thrust and gates, I’m not sure it’ll work for the Bus

2. The suggested FSUIPC axis null zones in the manual are 13% for ailerons and 16% for the elevators.  Does anyone with the TMCA Airbus sidestick use FSUIPC and could they post their null zones?  If not, are you using P3D to set the settings as per the introduction manual?

edit:

3. Does FS Spotlights still install with the A320-X in P3D?  I’m confused as to whether I need to install it or not  

Edited by Ross McDonagh
Forgot about Spotlights
Ross McDonagh
51 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

Point 3 spotlights is a separate installation. It is required for all internal lighting.

So I’ll need to install that then prior to my first flight?  How can I check if it’s installed or not?  Would it show up under the A320-X folder and also is it compatible with P3D V5?  I have another addon (currently in Beta for V5) that has two options called TrueGlass and RealLight and those have to be disabled currently to avoid CTD/GPU hangs. 

Koen Meier
Just now, Ross McDonagh said:

So I’ll need to install that then prior to my first flight?  How can I check if it’s installed or not?  Would it show up under the A320-X folder? 

It doesn’t show up in the fslabs folder that contains the a320. It is in a separate folder altogether and uses its own addon.xml file. 

in p3d go into addons and see spotlights.

• Like 1
Ross McDonagh
2 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

It doesn’t show up in the fslabs folder that contains the a320. It is in a separate folder altogether and uses its own addon.xml file. 

in p3d go into addons and see spotlights.

Thanks again.  Much appreciated, I hate to keep asking so many questions but I’ve been literally waiting since the days of the FS9 development of that failed A320 addon for the flight I’m finally going to get to do sometime today  :)

Peter Pukhnoy
2 hours ago, Ross McDonagh said:

But, with  the way FSLabs handles the thrust and gates, I’m not sure it’ll work for the Bus

Why don't you just try? If the levers in the cockpit move the way that you want them to move, it works.

Ross McDonagh
3 hours ago, Peter Pukhnoy said:

Why don't you just try? If the levers in the cockpit move the way that you want them to move, it works.

Valid point Peter, I was searching for some advice on it to see if others had tried it rather than mess with it and get frustrated.  I'll report back.