PC Inquiry performance

Ivan Davidovic

Ivan Davidovic

Dear fellow colleagues,

I hope you are all staying safe during this challenging time. I would like to get some clarification because its driving me crazy since i do not know what exactly to do.

I am flying in P3D V4.5 HF2 and i do have Orbx Global / Europe _LC, using ActiveSky with REX etc... Generally my performance are quite smooth even when i am flying in for example FS Labs A320 generally i have around 20-26 FPS during approach for example to Heathrow (with scenery) but sometimes it can even drop to 19 which makes my PC to have slight lagging and also the second part is the scenery. 

Scenery is kind of "flat table" on initial approach and its starting to populating slowly-by-slowly making textures blurry and it takes time that they come to what they should be. When i pause the sim, i see that scenery is starting to loading the textures but during regular flight it is also going but slow and even during final approach i can see how trees are populating around etc etc.. During that time my PC starts to roar (not sure what exactly it is but i see that he is struggling to load).

When i am for example flying PMDG/QW addons FPS is almost at 30 all the time, but scenery issue is the same, however in aircraft like FS Labs its also frame rate problem ( not such drastical but lagging is there)

Here is my PC configuration:

I7-7700 @3.6Ghz

RAM 24GB /Windows 10 64-bit 

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB RAM

Kingston SSD 240GB SATA3 6GB/s 

HDD 1TB

Monitor LENOVO L24Q-10 (2560x1440) @59Hz

I had moved my P3D from SSD to HDD due to higher space, honestly i could not put much sceneries on my SSD since there was no space( Windows is installed over there) so i can not clearly say how would all those things work on SSD.

Could you please tell me what i can improve, if any, in order to get more FPS (especially in FS Labs  aircraft) and not to have blurry/slow texture loading? I am thinking to buy new SSD with 1TB and put only P3D on it, is such investment worthy or not based on my above problem and PC configuration.

I am also using Nvidia Inspector to limit FPS externally (as per instruction which i've found on YouTube channel of cpt. Vince). Attached are also my setting of P3D.

I know that this topic has been discussed many times, but i would really please if someone can give me some advice.

Appreciate your kind advice.

Regards

Ivan

F442291F-CF00-4E48-93F8-38A656FEB1F7.jpeg

77AE9F21-6F38-4189-84C5-0F4D9B7FBA49.jpeg

6789F81F-1CE6-4593-AE8F-06CA208F7DF4.jpeg

F93D2539-0AFD-4647-913C-F9A2873A9351.jpeg

Ray Proudfoot

Hi Ivan,

Turn your Autogen building and vegetation settings down. Try Dense or Normal. Those are big frame rate eaters.

Reduce AA to 4xMSAA.

Is your monitor capable of 30Hz? If so turn off Nvidia Inspector and use Nvidia Control Panel to change screen resolution to 2560*1440*32 @ 30Hz. Then turn VSync on and enable Triple Buffering.

• Like 1
Marcell Csendes

Hi,

8xMSAA simply too much for this unoptimized software (P3Dv4). You should be better go with 4x or simply use NVIDIA's AA instead or use DSR and 4K resolution to avoid the problem.

There is also a bunch of optimization existing that makes the sim running better, but I wouldn't really expect much from an 1050 Ti, no offense.

Ivan Davidovic
48 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hi Ivan,

Turn your Autogen building and vegetation settings down. Try Dense or Normal. Those are big frame rate eaters.

Reduce AA to 4xMSAA.

Is your monitor capable of 30Hz? If so turn off Nvidia Inspector and use Nvidia Control Panel to change screen resolution to 2560*1440*32 @ 30Hz. Then turn VSync on and enable Triple Buffering.

Hi Ray,

Thank you very much for your reply. I will adjust P3D settings to see if there is improvment.

Unfortunately my monitor can not go to 30Hz, its 60 and thats why i am using Nvidia inspector, just one doubt which i have, is it neccessary that Nvidia inspector is launched in the background all the time while P3D is on?

Cheers!

Ivan Davidovic
Just now, Marcell Csendes said:

No, you don't need to run it all the time.

Thanks Marcell, i will update my settings to see if there is performance hit.

Cheers!

Ray Proudfoot
57 minutes ago, Marcell Csendes said:

DSR allows :P 

I don't see the point of forcing the graphics card to work harder than it is already. Ivan just needs to reduce a few sliders with such a heavy aircraft.

@Ivan Davidovic, pity your monitor doesn't support 30Hz but the tip Marcell has given should help. Next time you're looking for monitors make sure they support 30Hz. Saves a lot of messing around.

Marcell Csendes
11 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I don't see the point of forcing the graphics card to work harder than it is already. Ivan just needs to reduce a few sliders with such a heavy aircraft.

@Ivan Davidovic, pity your monitor doesn't support 30Hz but the tip Marcell has given should help. Next time you're looking for monitors make sure they support 30Hz. Saves a lot of messing around.

It actually helps in many cases, not sure why tho, but seems higher resolution lets people's GPU utilized more than without it, which is good, as you get more FPS

Ray Proudfoot
1 hour ago, Marcell Csendes said:

It actually helps in many cases, not sure why tho, but seems higher resolution lets people's GPU utilized more than without it, which is good, as you get more FPS

Marvell, I fail to understand the logic. Forcing the resolution higher via software only emulates 4K with the displayed image reducing in size. Yes, the graphics card is working harder to do that but I cannot see how it would result in fps increasing. The OP just needs to reduce complexity settings.