Alexander Luzajic

A320 neo....manufactured by Airbus....Hmmm really? :huh:

Timm Rehberg
16 hours ago, Alexander Luzajic said:

A320 neo....manufactured by Airbus....Hmmm really? :huh:

Who else? :PB)

• Haha 1

David Murden

Finally a MSFS2020 done by someone we can trust. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Dave Smith
24 minutes ago, David Murden said:

Finally a MSFS2020 done by someone we can trust. 

'I want to thank Microsoft for returning to the community and giving us the opportunity'.

Much happy clapping was heard at Seattle HQ.

• Haha 2

David Murden

I don't speak German, but a nice watch.

• Like 2

Timm Rehberg

Again, without FSL - its just a nice VFR simulator game! :rolleyes::D

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Holger Teutsch

In Vegas: Mankind is gone, some autonomous cars still drive around. Nature takes it back.

Ramon De Valencia

TBH I am only checking this forum looking for an announcement of FSL in MSFS.

I still keep flying daily my buses, but I am ready for August 18th. P3DV5 is working great and it will be there until FSL is launched on MSFS.

• Like 1

David Murden
1 hour ago, Ramon De Valencia said:

TBH I am only checking this forum looking for an announcement of FSL in MSFS.

I still keep flying daily my buses, but I am ready for August 18th. P3DV5 is working great and it will be there until FSL is launched on MSFS.

Or can run more than one sim?

MSFS for VFR and seeing the world in a totally new light and v5 until Ng3 and FSL comes.

People go on like its committing adultery to even think of using MSFS.:blink:

• Like 2

Ramon De Valencia
1 minute ago, David Murden said:

Or can run more than one sim?

MSFS for VFR and seeing the world in a totally new light and v5 until Ng3 and FSL comes.

People go on like its committing adultery to even think of using MSFS.:blink:

I have already preordered the deluxe premium and have been working on a “around Colombia Tour” planning to fly it on the new MSFS! VFR only...

and P3D will be there available of course!!

• Like 1

Timm Rehberg

I need to check how expensive the game will be with a xbox controller. Can't wait to play that game with my new xbox controller :P:ph34r:*

*if one day someone is ruining my approach because he is using a controller, I will switch to another online network :lol:

• Like 1

David Murden
6 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

I need to check how expensive the game will be with a xbox controller. Can't wait to play that game with my new xbox controller :P:ph34r:*

*if one day someone is ruining my approach because he is using a controller, I will switch to another online network :lol:

Really!

You can use a xbox controller now and goto an external view in P3D and fly your FSL like a toy if you chose to.

Go into realism setting and move all sliders to the left and you have a "game".

But you choose not to do that, don't you, well likewise in MSFS2020.

Am really surprised at yours and Koen attitude to MSFS2020. 

• Like 3

Koen Meier
3 minutes ago, David Murden said:

Really!

You can use a xbox controller now and goto an external view in P3D and fly your FSL like a toy if you chose to.

Go into realism setting and move all sliders to the left and you have a "game".

But you choose not to do that, don't you, well likewise in MSFS2020.

Am really surprised at yours and Koen attitude to MSFS2020. 

I am just skeptical and that is more gained towards the airliner simulation in the new sim. Do i think this sim will be the future for some certainly. Will some folks enjoy it certainly. However i can only change my opinion once i have flown in the sim. 

A_ndré_F_olkers
6 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Go for it those controllers are also used with P3D for the same purpose :P

• Like 1

David Murden

@Koen Meier

Well please don't load it up the first time with the A320N or the 748. P3D v5 is for when we all want to fly the FSL etc.

I suggest you use MS2020 with a GA and go explore the "world" like never before, take a tour round NY, London, think of any place and you can see it like never before with no addons needed. Venice looks breathtaking...no everything looks breathtaking. Use it for 6 month-1 year for its strengths along side P3Dv5. Not as "I can only use 1 sim..." 

Horses for courses as they say. If I want to fly an F-18 DCS, If i want to fly FSL P3Dv5, If I want to be blown away at how wonderful it is to fly VFR, low and slow MSFS2020.

• Like 4

Richard Partridge

I'm really looking forward to the weather engine. Finally we have proper atmospheric dynamics modelled by a high resolution global model (NEMS). Finally we can look forward to proper cloud formations associated with all weather phenomena....not just micky mouse depicted convective cells but whole frontal systems,  MCS/MCCs, embedded convection and much more!:)

• Like 4

Koen Meier
1 hour ago, David Murden said:

@Koen Meier

Well please don't load it up the first time with the A320N or the 748. P3D v5 is for when we all want to fly the FSL etc.

I suggest you use MS2020 with a GA and go explore the "world" like never before, take a tour round NY, London, think of any place and you can see it like never before with no addons needed. Venice looks breathtaking...no everything looks breathtaking. Use it for 6 month-1 year for its strengths along side P3Dv5. Not as "I can only use 1 sim..." 

Horses for courses as they say. If I want to fly an F-18 DCS, If i want to fly FSL P3Dv5, If I want to be blown away at how wonderful it is to fly VFR, low and slow MSFS2020.

My plan is to do ga first and probably some diamond aircraft. The only thing I will do is evaluate the sim for myself and that includes everything it has. Maybe once I am flying it I will have a change of opinion.  And the last part is very true. 

1 hour ago, Richard Partridge said:

I'm really looking forward to the weather engine. Finally we have proper atmospheric dynamics modelled by a high resolution global model (NEMS). Finally we can look forward to proper cloud formations associated with all weather phenomena....not just micky mouse depicted convective cells but whole frontal systems,  MCS/MCCs, embedded convection and much more!:)

well gliders would be the pinnacle of the simulation of the weather system for me. 

Richard Partridge

So I don't want to label the point here and I appreciate an accurate and realistic weather engine maynot be priority for everyone but I just had a look at this video of flying through convective weather. Not exaggerating here but I'm absolutely blown away by the cloudscape. I know I'm gonna be addicted to this sim. It looks incredible and simply put... totally realistic from the rolling convective clouds to the upper level cirro-layer with a hint of embedded convection...all totally realistic which matches actual cloud dynamics. Frequently in reality you find convection occuring in high level clouds and not just limited to lower level cumuliform type clouds. 
It is in fact more immersive and realistic than I originally thought...and it's all based on an incredibly sophisticated yet physically accurate global weather model which has required years and years of research and input from cloud and atmospheric modellers.

I think we'll be witnessing some awesome pics over the coming months after release. Pretty excited now to say the least! 

No I don't work for or have any affiliation with "meteoblue".

• Like 3

Holger Teutsch

I'm afraid we will have seen all the stunning and mind-blowing videos and pics before release and some disillusioning afterwards. They are great marketing experts, no doubts, but proper managing of expectations is a fine art.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3 mit Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

David Murden

If you Don't want to like or you think we are getting disillusioned about MSFS please don't watch it.

Chewwy using the default A320N EGCC to EGLL. Fantastic to see the views, I fly into EGLL a lot but never seen it like this before and this is out the box :o

• Like 1

David Norfolk
6 hours ago, David Murden said:

If you Don't want to like or you think we are getting disillusioned about MSFS please don't watch it.

Chewwy using the default A320N EGCC to EGLL. Fantastic to see the views, I fly into EGLL a lot but never seen it like this before and this is out the box :o

It mean its not bad at all. There's a few itchy things I'd love to scratch at like not having TOD or even the seat belt sign working. If course its in beta & hope TOD is added. It's really not that bad for a default plane

• Like 2

Matthew Webb

Great video - I love the reaction to the icing. :)   If this is why they can do with a default aircraft, I can't wait to see what FSLabs can do. 

Andrew Akker

I can't believe people are complaining about a sim that has *worldwide ortho* that we don't need to maintain terabytes of hard drive space to have, plenty of cities of photogrammetry, and finally *GPU-heavy sim support* so we don't have to murder our CPUs and get poor performance with arduous amounts of autogen. Just think about the fact we don't need tools like ActiveSky, SkyForce, ASCA, Environment Force, Envtex, Envshade, the list goes on and on of holes in flight simulators that this has solved for us.

Prepar3D was exactly like this when it first came out, and it took time for people and devs to get acclimated, and look where we are now. It's not going to be ready for the hardcore simmers on day one and I think anyone who thought that is expecting too much.

Also, for anyone complaining about controller use, I highly doubt anyone who exclusively uses MSFS on Xbox or with a controller would ever care about realistic enough ATC to get on VATSIM. The built-in multiplayer won't be for realism, but for flying VFR around with friends and just having fun.

• Like 2

David Murden

This is how I will enjoy MSFS2020. Until the Airliners come out.
Breathtaking 

• Like 2

Ramon De Valencia

Just a little update:

Some developers have shared updates and pictures of their products in MSFS2020...and in the AVSIM forum Virtualli (FSDreamTeam) has confirmed that the NDA has been lifted for dvelopers to share only static pictures on their product for MSFS2020

Could you please share with us what is the status of the FSlabs products in MSFS2020? 

Thanks!!

• Like 2

Alaa Riad

OK, after watching few videos from finally people who know what they are doing I preordered the product, I know it will be another year or so before we enjoy a real FSL category aircrafts, but the GA temptation was too much to resist for me, the exploration part I mean, I decided I will support the industry by getting the product, the reason I am not and never was a GA pilot is because even with ORBX quality sceneries that I paid a lot of money for, I was not satisfied when I fly 2,000ft and for many years I did not even fly a Cessna, but if videos are true - all on Youtube and not the elaked ones- which I think they are, a bush pilot could be a dream come true or even an Arctic pilot as well.

Anyway because I had a different opinion, I mentioned here few days back I thought to update you guys. 

Best of luck

Stu Antonio

Quite some developers showcasing their sceneries and planes in MSFS today... maybe it's picking up speed faster than we thought. 

Koen Meier
Just now, Stu Antonio said:

Quite some developers showcasing their sceneries and planes in MSFS today... maybe it's picking up speed faster than we thought. 

only static images i read based on what umberto said. it is partially lifted in the sense that they cant show off videos yet. but for the bigger devs i didnt expect anything less given their own tools they have available.

Kurt De Spiegeleire
On 8/1/2020 at 3:19 PM, David Murden said:

I miss the typical NEO howl at engine start :D

Koen Meier
3 minutes ago, Kurt De Spiegeleire said:

I miss the typical NEO howl at engine start :D

It misses a lot ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Kurt De Spiegeleire
2 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

It misses a lot ;)

True :D

• Like 1

Koen Meier

Looking at some fsdt previews of Chicago I am really questioning the need for something like flai. Ai/static seems to be really good except that it isn’t in airline colors.

Edited by Koen Meier

David Murden
1 hour ago, Koen Meier said:

Looking at some fsdt previews of Chicago I am really questioning the need for something like flai. Ai/static seems to be really good except that it isn’t in airline colors.

They have been asking airlines for permission to use there livery's. United are already in the sim. Hopefully a lot more to come.

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, David Murden said:

They have been asking airlines for permission to use there livery's. United are already in the sim. Hopefully a lot more to come.

interesting news. would certainly be beneficial if one flew with the flightaware ai

Markus Burkhard
3 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

Uhm, did you not see that AI A380 they have placed everywhere? :blink:  It looks like a toy. Based on that you can be sure that AIG / FLAI will still be very much needed for proper looks. 

• Like 3

Koen Meier
3 minutes ago, Markus Burkhard said:

Uhm, did you not see that AI A380 they have placed everywhere? :blink:  It looks like a toy. Based on that you can be sure that AIG / FLAI will still be very much needed for proper looks. 

for proper modelmatching i can see that certainly with VA. i only saw a330, a320neo and some others.

Eric Fisher
12 hours ago, Ramon De Valencia said:

Just a little update:

Some developers have shared updates and pictures of their products in MSFS2020...and in the AVSIM forum Virtualli (FSDreamTeam) has confirmed that the NDA has been lifted for dvelopers to share only static pictures on their product for MSFS2020

Could you please share with us what is the status of the FSlabs products in MSFS2020? 

Thanks!!

I'll submit that FSL will be the last to show anything in MSFS and when they do, it will be long after MSFS is released, think many months away. We are still waiting to see the A319 in P3D v5! 

• Like 1

Tomáš Pokorný
4 minutes ago, Eric Fisher said:

I'll submit that FSL will be the last to show anything in MSFS and when they do, it will be long after MSFS is released, think many months away. We are still waiting to see the A319 in P3D v5! 

Is it good showing up to the party last? Nope, I don't think so...

• Haha 1

Julian Evans

I pre ordered on Steam, hope I have not made a mistake.  ie, will all devs support the Steam version, especially FSL ?

Karl Brooker
1 hour ago, Julian Evans said:

I pre ordered on Steam, hope I have not made a mistake.  ie, will all devs support the Steam version, especially FSL ?

FSL haven't even announced if they're developing yet. Maybe we'll find out more after release?

Julian Evans
52 minutes ago, Karl Brooker said:

FSL haven't even announced if they're developing yet. Maybe we'll find out more after release?

Cheers. Still, If and when they develop, they support Steam. Hate to have to buy FS2020 again.

Timm Rehberg
1 hour ago, Julian Evans said:

It doesn't matter where you buy the flight simulator. Its just the "source" where to get the original files from.
I think, we can expect a clear folder structure in the flight simulator for addons and the original sim so devs can either sell the addons via their own marketplace build in (I think then the addon files are stored in the azure cloud to download and install) or on their own markets with own installers pointing into these addons folders.

Thats the reason why the FS is available via MS-store, Steam or ... like everywhere else :D 
But for sure, Steam is going to be the most stable source to download on release day I guess. They know game-releases quiet good :D 

But Steam or MS-store or DVD's: its personal preference. I like steam as its so simple and just fast. If I want to play a game, I just download and its done within minutes!
However I expect almost the same "service" via ms-store.
Steam is having these "check files" option to simply restore original flight simulator. Thats what we would need for P3D as we simply overwrite too much original files in here but who knows how the new flight sim will work. I do expect we won´t see too much overwrite-stuff like bgl's or cloud textures etc. anymore :D 

• Like 1