Jump to content
Richard Partridge

MSFS 2020 Release Date

Recommended Posts

Koen Meier

in some cases i felt that the clouds look somewhat artistic in depiction.

Edited by Koen Meier
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Nuno M Pinto

Sometimes in our "real world", there are formations that look completely artificial. We're getting to a point where depiction is becoming so realistic that's becoming hard to distinguish between both i guess...

Setting a major thunderstorm scene and flying near the water is a fine example. Waves just look scary you know?

Awesome platform as a base, now it needs to mature and content content content.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
A_ndré_F_olkers

I agree Nuno it's a great platform to grow into :wub: and a certain bus :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Camille MOUCHEL

I'm sure Fslabs has already started to port their products for msfs even if they can't confirm or deny it 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
7 minutes ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

I'm sure Fslabs has already started to port their products for msfs even if they can't confirm or deny it 

current news from some scenery devs say that the SDK isnt good enough. and i believe that fslabs runs most systems outside the sim and then injects them back into the sim. running external dlls isnt possible with the new sim i believe due to xbox not allowing that.

Share this post


Link to post
Camille MOUCHEL
Just now, Koen Meier said:

current news from some scenery devs say that the SDK isnt good enough. and i believe that fslabs runs most systems outside the sim and then injects them back into the sim. running external dlls isnt possible with the new sim i believe due to xbox not allowing that.

they can use the built engine as the FDE is now ultra mega realistic, less need to overide it like FSX/P3D.

They could have maybe started to port the textures for example, but we may have to wait 2/3+years more until it gets released on msfs

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
19 minutes ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

they can use the built engine as the FDE is now ultra mega realistic, less need to overide it like FSX/P3D.

They could have maybe started to port the textures for example, but we may have to wait 2/3+years more until it gets released on msfs

The default FDE is not the same as a custom a320 FDE that can also be tuned to the different versions.

But no denying that it take years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Søren Dissing

Much as I'm excited about the imminent arrival of MSFS (already pre-ordered), I think it's a safe bet to say that we'll be in for a fairly long wait before we see any of the top-shelf aircraft add-ons like FSLabs, Leonardo, Majestic, PMDG appearing in MSFS - if ever.

Thankfully, we have P3Dv5 so there's no panic! 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Rafal Haczek
2 minutes ago, Søren Dissing said:

Thankfully, we have P3Dv5 so there's no panic! 

And P3Dv4.5 still alive and kicking! B)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
David Murden
1 hour ago, Søren Dissing said:

Much as I'm excited about the imminent arrival of MSFS (already pre-ordered), I think it's a safe bet to say that we'll be in for a fairly long wait before we see any of the top-shelf aircraft add-ons like FSLabs, Leonardo, Majestic, PMDG appearing in MSFS - if ever.

Thankfully, we have P3Dv5 so there's no panic! 

"if ever"? that's a pessimistic view PMDG have said there NG3 is for MS2020. Lets wait till the NDA are lifted and they can tell us all more. Am sure they will.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
David Gray
1 hour ago, Søren Dissing said:

Much as I'm excited about the imminent arrival of MSFS (already pre-ordered), I think it's a safe bet to say that we'll be in for a fairly long wait before we see any of the top-shelf aircraft add-ons like FSLabs, Leonardo, Majestic, PMDG appearing in MSFS - if ever.

Thankfully, we have P3Dv5 so there's no panic! 

I tend to agree that it's going to be a while.  Multiple addon companies have reported that the SDK still isn't finished. We see how long it takes for new planes to be built just within the same simulator.  

Share this post


Link to post
Jordan Collins

If you guys like flying the FSL Airbus you’re going to be using P3D for a lot longer than you think. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
A_ndré_F_olkers
3 hours ago, Rafal Haczek said:

And P3Dv4.5 still alive and kicking! B)

Agreed here and it will stay there can't sim anymore without the bus :wub:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Aidan le Gras

FS Labs will be moving over to MSFS2020 even if it's no good because lots of people are going to buy it and they would end up losing so much market share  that there business model would not survive. They'll need lots of time like everyone else has mentioned and that's fine. If I were them, I wouldn't say much about it either lest expetations get raised too high too soon. 

Should be great when it happens though. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
5 hours ago, Aidan le Gras said:

FS Labs will be moving over to MSFS2020 even if it's no good because lots of people are going to buy it and they would end up losing so much market share  that there business model would not survive. They'll need lots of time like everyone else has mentioned and that's fine. If I were them, I wouldn't say much about it either lest expetations get raised too high too soon. 

Should be great when it happens though. 

 

 

i doubt they will loose their market. the person that buys the fslabs is after things that fslabs can offer like realistic failures or correct system behaviour. the market is not determined by the biggest simulator but by what people want. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Ramon De Valencia
15 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

i doubt they will loose their market. the person that buys the fslabs is after things that fslabs can offer like realistic failures or correct system behaviour. the market is not determined by the biggest simulator but by what people want. 

Well, unless you work for fslabs, how can you quantify the market lost already by the new MSFS2020 announcement? or by P3DV5 release?

the whole roadmap has been affected by these 2 "unexpected" (Fslabs has said they didn't know) events. Compatibility updates took priority over Sharklet release, that means not revenue inflow as these updates doesn't mean new income (only marginal from new p3dv5 customers which didn't have the product before nor p3dv4).

Coming back to the market point of view, I don't think they will lose market share on August 18th, they will keep selling the airbus products on P3D platform. But there will be an effect on the sharklets product when released if they will be only available on p3d platform. Some potential customer will not come back to p3d, others (like me) will keep p3dv5 running only for the fslabs and the other addons already owned and wworking. And there will be customers which may invest in msfs2020 and will not be willing to pay extra money on p3d addons.

So, fslabs should have known better this than you or me, and they know their numbers.

I only hope that the competition and offer of different Sims will translate in better options for us simmers and that we can be able to fly the most realistic airplane (Fslabs Airbus of course) on the most realistic sim. 

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
27 minutes ago, Ramon De Valencia said:

Well, unless you work for fslabs, how can you quantify the market lost already by the new MSFS2020 announcement? or by P3DV5 release?

the whole roadmap has been affected by these 2 "unexpected" (Fslabs has said they didn't know) events. Compatibility updates took priority over Sharklet release, that means not revenue inflow as these updates doesn't mean new income (only marginal from new p3dv5 customers which didn't have the product before nor p3dv4).

Coming back to the market point of view, I don't think they will lose market share on August 18th, they will keep selling the airbus products on P3D platform. But there will be an effect on the sharklets product when released if they will be only available on p3d platform. Some potential customer will not come back to p3d, others (like me) will keep p3dv5 running only for the fslabs and the other addons already owned and wworking. And there will be customers which may invest in msfs2020 and will not be willing to pay extra money on p3d addons.

So, fslabs should have known better this than you or me, and they know their numbers.

I only hope that the competition and offer of different Sims will translate in better options for us simmers and that we can be able to fly the most realistic airplane (Fslabs Airbus of course) on the most realistic sim. 

i am just voicing my opinion and i base it on what i know. the only thing i am saying is that the person who buys fslabs products is after certain set features. 

Edit: let me add a theoratical question. Would the fslabs airbus still have the same user base if it was only found on xplane?

Edited by Koen Meier

Share this post


Link to post
Camille MOUCHEL

Guess it will depend on how well or bad MSFS does.

 

If in 1-2 years, lots of simmer has migrated from XP&P3D to msfs, then FSLABS would have developped product for msfs as they are a company and need to make some money in order to keep developping, if its the opposite, then they will never go toward msfs. But I think the MSFS and FSLABS/PMDG/Majestic... both needs each other : indeed, if study level aircraft makes the cut to msfs, then it will attract more simmer to msfs meaning more sales for msfs but at the same time, the same thing for fslabs or other study level studios..

 

I personnaly wont migrate to msfs until i'm certain that study level aircraft will be developped for msfs, guess i'm not the only one

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Nuno M Pinto

I might be a bit spoiled because i have access to MSFS through the alpha program, but i'm not one bit interested in the new simulator right now. This is just the beginning and, mostly like P3D v4 when it first came out, a simulator with no content is no simulator at all.

Default aircraft, although quite a step up from previous incarnations (everyone knows this, so hardly revealing anything here), will always be default aircraft, no matter how good looking they are *cough* Carenado *cough*, so nothing in that department. There are only a bunch of real good airports, there's no IVAO support yet, there's no public SDK for me to make my ACARS work with it...

All of this matters to some simmers, and it'll be a long time before it's settled, again, like with some previous releases of other simulators. FSX and P3D both had the advantage that most addons still worked from previous incarnations (except the change to x64), that doesn't seem to be the case now. Time will tell how this unfolds.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
David Murden

Lets for a minute look at this from a different angle.

To my understanding the reason why high quality aircraft like the FSL Airbus are working outside the sim is not because the developers chose so for their convenience and FSX / P3D generously provided them with this option. In contrary the developers were forced to create their models outside the sim as a workaround because FSX / P3D's own means regarding systems and aerodynamics are so limited that it's not possible to create a high quality aircraft within FSX / P3D's own means.

And these external workarounds are also the reason why many addons break with every incremental update of P3D and need to be updated each time.

So since we are now going from 1...yes 1 point for aerodynamics to a 1000 points for the flight modeling/aerodynamics. It could...could meen it makes FSL workload a lot less.

Until we hear please let's keep an open mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Alaa Riad

My flight simulation experience started from the early 90s till today, I watched gradually the official released videos for MSFS2020 as they developed, the thing is,  I had a negative experience before with "MS Flight" most of us are aware of - beautiful graphics and zero simulation- this week I watched few leaked videos as well. Just to let you know at the day of the announcement of the prerelease, I opened the purchase page and tried to pay for their top edition but for unknown internet reason it did not work and I postponed till today.

If you like to fly the aircraft as per the book and as an actual airline pilot, perhaps for a virtual airline,  I do not think that MSFS2020 will be satisfactory for you and here's my reasons and of course I could be wrong:

1- It's a commercial project so profite is the essence here, they developed a product that works for Xbox and PC together so they can gain profit -which is perfectly normal- from the Xbox customers, apparently us PC customers are not in the right quantity for a profitable software project for MS.

2- The videos has an amazing breathtaking graphics and sceneries exactly the right marketing tools, also coming with unheard of technology, very hard to resist.  

3- Honestly speaking I did not like the behavior of the medium to large default planes on videos, they were very cartoonish, I could be wrong

4- Some videos showing people piloting the aircraft from outside with many transparent  looking cool gauges scattered all over the screen, ok this is not the way I will fly my planes now or ever. 

5- I can't deny there're many significant changes as per their announcements, regarding aerodynamics, weather, friction, information, but all for default aircraft which will not even come close to for example FSL, I am sure there are people that won't even see the difference, I am not being cocky here but it's the truth.

6- Perhaps in 6-12 months there will be significant improvements making MSFS2020 the platform we will all migrate to, but this is only my personal speculation.  

Bottom line, no way this will be ready from day 1 to fly sophisticated models that we fly daily with P3D, so I was thinking I might still get it after reading some reviews of those who know what they are talking about , and not some Xbox enthousiast, or until one decent airplane addon is released and working in a satisfactory way,  we come from various backgrounds for sure, some will like to explore and experiment and that's totally fine, again it depends on what's your favorite cup of tea. 

Regards 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
1 minute ago, David Norfolk said:

Vatsim coming the same day as the sim? If that's true im curious to see what models it will use 

My feeling default sim models just like the flightaware ai.

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier

Microsoft has published the same video as vatsim as part of the partnership series.

Share this post


Link to post
Eric Fisher
2 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

Vatsim coming the same day as the sim? If that's true im curious to see what models it will use 

Been very quiet at FLAI. No updates for P3D in quite some time. If I was to wager some money, I would say vPilot with FLAI will be the go to on day 1 of MSFS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Dave Smith
18 hours ago, Alaa Riad said:

I had a negative experience before with "MS Flight" most of us are aware of - beautiful graphics and zero simulation-

It will be interesting to see reactions to this precise issue on the 18th/19th. Realistically, I don't feel there is enough time to resolve many of the issues the current build has.

In time it will get there, but when expectations and hype has been raised to such a level I can't help but feel there are some who are going to be a little underwhelmed on launch day. Looking for your house is going to get old pretty quickly and that's when the simulation side of things is going to have to step up and prove the naysayers like me wrong. And I desperately hope it does.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Timm Rehberg
10 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

Microsoft has published the same video as vatsim as part of the partnership series.

Funny. On one side I am very happy to see VATSIM being on board from day 1 but on the other side, there are so many open topics to discuss about and they take VATSIM to just say "VATSIM will be on board since day 1". I mean, VATSIM isn't really difficult to support as SimConnect is still part of MSFS and its maybe "just" some adjustments to do.

However, I would prefer to hear anything deeper for addon scenery development or even more, addon airplane development :D 

Share this post


Link to post
A_ndré_F_olkers
9 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Funny. On one side I am very happy to see VATSIM being on board from day 1 but on the other side, there are so many open topics to discuss about and they take VATSIM to just say "VATSIM will be on board since day 1". I mean, VATSIM isn't really difficult to support as SimConnect is still part of MSFS and its maybe "just" some adjustments to do.

However, I would prefer to hear anything deeper for addon scenery development or even more, addon airplane development :D 

Well as history repeats with FS4/FS5/FS98/FS2000/FS2002/FS2004/FSX and P3Dv1 - 5, patience is the name of the game, and all the add-on stuff will catch up.

It all depends on the SDK, so time will tell, and every version needed a SP lol

With exactly the same discussion before release (amazing that in a time frame of 20 years on that front nothing has changed)

Share this post


Link to post
Timm Rehberg

I really hope we won´t need SP's again! :D 
Its time for auto-updates! Start, check for updates, download and go! :)

And its been already announced they will constantly update things even after release. They will even look into Helicopters after some time - hopefully! I will buy it anyway, and if its just a VFR simulator for the first weeks and months. It will be a great simulator however I still see big potential in P3D v5!

The "problem" is, Microsoft is gaining and providing A HUGE customer-base with MSFS (its being sold at almost every store :D ) so developers may sell more, which is a win-win for everybody even though I still don´t like the "Marketplace" idea :ph34r: But this may take some fokus for some devs. I hope P3D v5 will still be alive for some time :)

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Timm Rehberg said:

I really hope we won´t need SP's again! :D 
Its time for auto-updates! Start, check for updates, download and go! :)

And its been already announced they will constantly update things even after release. They will even look into Helicopters after some time - hopefully! I will buy it anyway, and if its just a VFR simulator for the first weeks and months. It will be a great simulator however I still see big potential in P3D v5!

The "problem" is, Microsoft is gaining and providing A HUGE customer-base with MSFS (its being selled at almost every store :D ) so developers may sell more, which is a win-win for everybody even though I still don´t like the "Marketplace" idea :ph34r: But this may take some fokus for some devs. I hope P3D v5 will still be alive for some time :)

I read something that unlike steam that Microsoft pushes big updates to users through their store. Ie like a full game size. So I hope the auto update is using smaller chunks.

Share this post


Link to post
Timm Rehberg
Just now, Koen Meier said:

I read something that unlike steam that Microsoft pushes big updates to users through their store. Ie like a full game size. So I hope the auto update is using smaller chunks.

Welcome to 2020. Who cares about 1,....11,...25,...60GB? Its downloaded in max. 20min :D 
I love Steam. If you don´t play a game anymore, delete - if you like to play it again, download, go eat and enjoy it after :D 

Thats why I am eager to see Matt Davies announced "Simstall". Thats what we need. I would love to see something like Steam from Simmarket.
ORBX made it VERY lovely as well! 

Share this post


Link to post
A_ndré_F_olkers
55 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

I really hope we won´t need SP's again! :D 
Its time for auto-updates! Start, check for updates, download and go! :)

And its been already announced they will constantly update things even after release. They will even look into Helicopters after some time - hopefully! I will buy it anyway, and if its just a VFR simulator for the first weeks and months. It will be a great simulator however I still see big potential in P3D v5!

The "problem" is, Microsoft is gaining and providing A HUGE customer-base with MSFS (its being selled at almost every store :D ) so developers may sell more, which is a win-win for everybody even though I still don´t like the "Marketplace" idea :ph34r: But this may take some fokus for some devs. I hope P3D v5 will still be alive for some time :)

Auto update is still an update or even an SP :rolleyes: how it's delivered has nothing to do with a SP ;-) As for updates it's unfortunately still needed with all software development (improvements / bug fixes /etc) As for other simulator platforms they will all coexist with their own user base...

As for the method and file size we can discuss that on the 18th of next month...

https://fselite.net/originals/confirmed-list-of-all-third-party-developers-working-on-microsoft-flight-simulator/

Share this post


Link to post
Timm Rehberg

Sure its the same to push updates constantly via auto update or release service packs but for example Microsoft Flight Simulator X - you have 2 SP's released. 
Even for P3D its hard to release updates as it needs to consolidate fixes and release a hotfix/service pack, what ever. But if you could push "small" fixes when they're fixed and tested, it would be really cool as you would see things fixed faster :) 

Share this post


Link to post
A_ndré_F_olkers
Just now, Timm Rehberg said:

Sure its the same to push updates constantly via auto update or release service packs but for example Microsoft Flight Simulator X - you have 2 SP's released. 
Even for P3D its hard to release updates as it needs to consolidate fixes and release a hotfix/service pack, what ever. But if you could push "small" fixes when they're fixed and tested, it would be really cool as you would see things fixed faster :) 

Tim I agree with the least impact for users, but sometimes the update just need to replace core files and there you go :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Timm Rehberg

Whatever. This will be the greatest, best, most powerful, best looking amazing Flight Simulator ever released by Microsoft :)

Share this post


Link to post
A_ndré_F_olkers
2 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Whatever. This will be the greatest, best, most powerful, best looking amazing Flight Simulator ever released by Microsoft :)

I agree It's a good time for us simmers to be in :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Alaa Riad
22 hours ago, Dave Smith said:

It will be interesting to see reactions to this precise issue on the 18th/19th. Realistically, I don't feel there is enough time to resolve many of the issues the current build has.

In time it will get there, but when expectations and hype has been raised to such a level I can't help but feel there are some who are going to be a little underwhelmed on launch day. Looking for your house is going to get old pretty quickly and that's when the simulation side of things is going to have to step up and prove the naysayers like me wrong. And I desperately hope it does.

Can't agree more :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Christoph Sebek

I`ll suspect a lot of cry babes around that time because they had much higher expectations and while Microsoft delivered the simulator in some kind of state, they are going to be disappointed because they hoped else. Same shit, different simulator, wasn`t much different when P3D came out. :ph34r:

Patience is in a virtue. -_-

Especially bringing out MSFS to X-Box brings it more into an arcade mode rather than professional flight simming for example with the FSL busses. 

My POV - it will definitely take some time for add-on developers to catch up to meet the community`s standards, which are by doubt set on "ULTRA". :P

And I am not going to jump into it immediately, while it looks incredible - no doubt - I want to fly my "babies" I have known for years and not play around with default airplanes in fun mode. Seeing the first videos, flying the jet on outside view with gauges on the left corner, meh. I`ve seen that in GTA before. :huh:

As conclusion, MSFS will probably provide a solid, out-of-this-world visual graphics experience, and then it is to the third party creators to make it even more immersive.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Dwayne_Bates

I think thats one of the doubts in the back of peoples minds, is that its coming to Xbox concole & everyone wants to know how its going to fly & its going to be like an arcade game etc.

I don't think its a problem at all that it is coming to Xbox, consoles have evolved over the years & for people who want to move over to msfs2020 but don't have amount of money what it can take to upgrade their PC, the console could be the cheaper option. Some people think it will be so unrealistic because people will fly with an Xbox controller & tbh I flew on P3D for a month with an Xbox Controller cause my Joystick broke. 

I don't believe the aerodynamics within P3D is good, I find it Sluggish personally & X-Plane is definitely an improvement & a better feel. MSFS2020 we are soon to find out. People will have their own opinion on that topic.

What makes P3D the strongest is you have some of the biggest 3rd party addons.

Their are two types of people ( could he wrong here :p )

Their are people who want the full systems within the aircraft working I.E system failures etc & then you have the people want that feel to fly feeling (which you will never get unless you fly a real aircraft) but as good as possible, when flying manual etc.

IF & a BIG IF! MSFS live up to their aerodynamics design they have in place/in the works is the best thing to come & few months down the line (wishful thinking here) the 3rd party addons move over, we could get the best of both worlds. 

I hope for MS sake it don't disappoint.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Ken Knowles

You're right to distinguish between the types of people in the flight simulator market.

There are real world pilots who want a training tool. For this group, the priority is similating procedures. Who cares about having the most realistic trees or satellite based scenary when practising instrument approaches/rehearsing for the next sim check?

Then there are wannabes who want to feel as though they are pilots. For this group, the scenary/graphics are important, as is the idea that the aircraft 'feel' like the real thing as you say. It's all about immersion and the illusion of actually being there in the cockpit.

For both of these groups, it's the add-on developers that drive sales of P3D/X-plane - not the other way around. (How many here committed to P3D over X-plane in order to have access to the most realistic A320 add-on in the market?) But MS/Asobo didn't engage third party developers early-on and the SDK will be incomplete at launch. If they were trying to take a share of Lockeed or Laminar's market then they would absolutely have prioritised the community to win over the above groups.

No, instead MS/Asobo are charting a third course, trying to tap into a much bigger market of casual gamers, who have way lower expectations (or none at all) and just want to 'play' at being a pilot for an hour, and have fun buzzing around parts of the world they recognise. (Hence the xbox release!)

So there is a real commercial challenge that I would imagine someone like FSLabs would face in even considering a port of their existing products. Porting between platforms is hard at the best of times - doing so on an entirely new platform, with a poorly documented SDK, even more so. And to what gain? Are casual gamers going to want to pay the same price for add-ons as the sim itself only to get aircraft they already have out the box?  Even ask yourself, realistically, how much would you be willing to pay again for the same aircraft (or 3) which you already bought for P3D?  Maybe the rich wannabes will be willing to shell out all over again for the added immersion, but for someone after a training tool P3D does the job just fine. That significantly increases the risk to a developer of not recouping their costs of doing the port.

TL;DR - don't hold your breath for an FSLabs port to MSFS2020 any time soon...

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
David Murden

Really! Well let's not take into account that

A2A have said there working on new aircraft for MSFS2020

PMDG are doing the NG3 

MS have committed a 10 year plan to improve and update it.

AS are committed to it.

VATSIM

Track IR supported

Orbx are on board.

The list goes on.....

But hey........let just dismiss it as an arcade game shall we!!!!! and why not have an arcade option for the people who just want a bit of fun, it does not mean for 1 second that people that want all the above cannot also enjoy it in there way also. The "joy" riders are not going to buy any of the above. So why do you think MSFS want the big add-on developers on board?

You can "play" some really hi level car racing simulators in a arcade mode, but also in full on simulator mode. Why not make your product appeal to as a large an ordnance as possible.

Dear me, talk about pessimistic people.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Ramon De Valencia
2 hours ago, David Murden said:

Really! Well let's not take into account that

A2A have said there working on new aircraft for MSFS2020

PMDG are doing the NG3 

MS have committed a 10 year plan to improve and update it.

AS are committed to it.

VATSIM

Track IR supported

Orbx are on board.

The list goes on.....

But hey........let just dismiss it as an arcade game shall we!!!!! and why not have an arcade option for the people who just want a bit of fun, it does not mean for 1 second that people that want all the above cannot also enjoy it in there way also. The "joy" riders are not going to buy any of the above. So why do you think MSFS want the big add-on developers on board?

You can "play" some really hi level car racing simulators in a arcade mode, but also in full on simulator mode. Why not make your product appeal to as a large an ordnance as possible.

Dear me, talk about pessimistic people.

that is exactly my point. What would happen to p3d if you change realism to easy? it’s an arcade mode basically.

Lefteris words:

Development work to follow that project is under way, but it's heavily influenced by the release timetables of Microsoft Flight Simulator (or "FS2020" as people have started calling it now) and, contrary to a few other developers out there, we'd rather announce more detailed plans for it as soon as we have coordinated schedules with Microsoft (way too many NDAs and I am surprised how some people tend to ignore them).”

Share this post


Link to post
Craig Norman
On 7/21/2020 at 1:16 PM, Koen Meier said:

current news from some scenery devs say that the SDK isnt good enough. and i believe that fslabs runs most systems outside the sim and then injects them back into the sim. running external dlls isnt possible with the new sim i believe due to xbox not allowing that.

That's one thing I was going to highlight. Since they announced MSFS20 for Xbox as well as Windows, it's got me thinking that there'll be limitations as to how scripts are executed, since consoles are often locked down to prevent, for example, COD kiddies running cheats to gain an unfair advantage on a given server. And I was very surprised to hear Microsoft also making it available on Xbox consoles, but then again, Microsoft's newfound strategy of console/PC synergy was going to dictate marketing and availability of MSFS20.

Share this post


Link to post
Ken Knowles
5 hours ago, David Murden said:

Dear me, talk about pessimistic people.

I can’t deny it, but then again isn’t a pessimist just a realistic optimist :D

I won’t dismiss it, I’m sure it’ll be a great sim... eventually, I just think it’s going to take a lot longer than the few months a lot of people seem to be hoping it will take for some of the more realistic and complex add ons to appear. 3D modelling some additional airports or replacing cloud textures is one thing, simulating entire complex airliners is quite another. (But I’ll be more than happy to be proven wrong on this one!)

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...