Black textures

Michal Pierzchala

phil highton

Try deleting your shader file "If" you have have done it before, I wouldn't want you to break the sim! 

• 11 months later...
Filip Nowak

Had it on PMDG and P3Dv5.2 version... Need to delete shaders folder

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v5 ►  Shaders

Søren Rasmussen

Did you do a full 5.2 installation (Client, Contents & Scenery)? If yes, try uninstalling the client only and then reinstall the client .

• Thanks 2
Jonah Desrochers

I had this exact problem. I deleted ShadersHLSL folder in Prepar3d root folder, then repaired the client using the installer. Hope this works for you too. Make sure you aren't trying to install envtex/envshade or any other shader mod as they are not compatible yet.

• Thanks 1
Alex Worthing
1 hour ago, Jonah Desrochers said:

I had this exact problem. I deleted ShadersHLSL folder in Prepar3d root folder, then repaired the client using the installer. Hope this works for you too. Make sure you aren't trying to install envtex/envshade or any other shader mod as they are not compatible yet.

also had the black texture problem today and this worked for me too :)

Aaqib Afzal

Thanks guys, Seems like the issue is resolved, I did what was suggested above, Delete ShadersHSL and then repair client and now things seem like they are back to normal. I also did not install SF textures after the client update i feel this also might have been a factor

• Like 1
Enrique Perez

Hi all,

Im not sure if the problem I have is related to the same issue or not, so , apologies in advance if so...

After thinking a lot about wether to install p3d 5.2 or continue enjoying with my 5.1..I reached to the conclusion..what the hell....let give it a try.....mistake.....

I did a clean full installation of p3d 5.2 and the start menu screen , where it is shown the aircraft selected,,, completly black(photo attached), no way even I repaired the Client module as per the above suggestions....nothing.

Please, I would appreciate light in this matter.

Thanks

Enrique

P3DV5.2 MENU.jpg

Mar:kus Czie:gler

Enrique try to disable EA and see if the texture is coming back...have nearly the same issue, with EA set to ON i only have black textures (both aircraft and scenery - even at daytime).

Also thankful for any hint,

Greets,
Markus

Edward Stefanovich

Greetings. Same issue. Tried to repair the client but I am getting this message. How can repair then?

I also get modify file message. Not sure what is that one about. It only happens when I start FSlabs planes. 

p3d.png

fsl.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Alfie Hughes

Hey, I've come across this exact issue ever since updating to 5.2HF1 from 5.1. 
I've tried all the things people have mentioned above and it still happens. Hell I even did a full reinstall of the sim and addons to try fix another thing and to my surprise this issue remained. I removed any visual addons such as ENVTEX and ENVSHADE to no success.
It also seems to depend on the aircraft and scenery, for example if I spawn into Heathrow with the PMDG 777 the issue doesn't happen upon loading in, but it happens at another airport like Denver for example. 
Anyone have any ideas?

R3N3 SCH1SCHKA

Delete the ShadersHLSL folder in your P3D directory.

Delete the Shaders folder under AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5

Then reinstall the Clint from P3D V5.2 HF1

Attention !!!

remove the VolumetricClouds.cfg file located @ “%appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5” directory after updating

Now restart the P3D and DO NOT install new textures or shaders from Envtex or Envshade before the first start.

NOW the problem should be solved.

Rene

Anatoly Briskin

Yeap had the same exact problem after doing partial update for v5.2.  PMDG was happy but FSL was not.  Had to do complete reinstall of P3D and that fixed it for me. Tried all of the above suggestions with no luck.