Virtual Cockpit resolution textures

JEROMEMERILLOU

JEROMEMERILLOU

Good evening everyone, I have a problem of resolution on the virtual cockpit, it is not very beautiful, how to change that in the panel.cfg? thank you in advance

Prepar3D_Screenshot_2020_07.01_-_19_47_25_22.png

Khoa Nguyen
On 7/1/2020 at 7:50 PM, JEROMEMERILLOU said:

Good evening everyone, I have a problem of resolution on the virtual cockpit, it is not very beautiful, how to change that in the panel.cfg? thank you in advance

Prepar3D_Screenshot_2020_07.01_-_19_47_25_22.png

what is your "problem of resolution" because I can't see any

Matt Crick
On 7/1/2020 at 9:35 PM, Khoa Nguyen said:

what is your "problem of resolution" because I can't see any

It's something that I've noticed as well since moving to v5, that the MCP / ECAM resolutions are a little poor. 

If you look at the screenshot, you'll see that orange "SPD and HDG" text on the MCP are horribly pixelated. 

ive tried a fresh P3d.cfg, mipmap tickbox off, FXAA on/off, 4048 ultra texture resolution option in-sim, and even flushed all my Chaseplane presets to get my camera.cfg back to "default" in case it was caused by a poor zoom level that I'd setup.

Various posts on avsim seem to indicate that increasing the texture resolution in the panel.cfg is a fix/workaround, but given this was not present in v4 and have never had to do this before, I do not particularly fancy editing every plane's cfg file with this tweak.

Blurry gauges across multiple payware products are not a new or unreported issue, so wondering if there was any FSL / beta tester feedback on this issue, even if it's a LM bug to fix.

Alex Pugh
2 minutes ago, Matt Crick said:

It's something that I've noticed as well since moving to v5, that the MCP / ECAM resolutions are a little poor. 

If you look at the screenshot, you'll see that orange "SPD and HDG" text on the MCP are horribly pixelated. 

ive tried a fresh P3d.cfg, mipmap tickbox off, FXAA on/off, 4048 ultra texture resolution option in-sim, and even flushed all my Chaseplane presets to get my camera.cfg back to "default" in case it was caused by a poor zoom level that I'd setup.

Various posts on avsim seem to indicate that increasing the texture resolution in the panel.cfg is a fix/workaround, but given this was not present in v4 and have never had to do this before, I do not particularly fancy editing every plane's cfg file with this tweak.

Blurry gauges across the board are not a new or unreported issue, so wondering if anyone else have had this problem (aside from the OP)

From the p3d forum... Try going into your p3d cfg file and changing COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=0 to 1

Matt Crick
59 minutes ago, Alex Pugh said:

From the p3d forum... Try going into your p3d cfg file and changing COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=0 to 1

Sorry, forgot to say, checked that and it is already "1", but thanks for the suggestion

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...