Nose steering wheel bug

Nicolas Ruchonnet

Louis Vallance

I haven’t had any problems with fslabs in v5.

Are you using rudder pedals + tiller, or just a slider axis for both?

In the latter case it’s especially important that you disconnect the rudder using the comma key.

Nicolas Ruchonnet

Hello, thanks for your response, i have a pandular rudder pedal (thrustmaster),

I will try at the end of the day with comma key

the weird thing is that the front wheel turn but the plane doesn't

Best regards

phil highton
On 7/1/2020 at 8:54 AM, John Barnes said:

Try loading active sky AFTER loading the sim.

thats interesting mmmm

Nicholas let us know how you get on please ?

John Barnes
2 hours ago, phil highton said:

thats interesting mmmm

Nicholas let us know how you get on please ?

Something that fixed it for a couple of users. Seen it around and it stuck in my head.

phil highton

i have a little niggle with the bus initially moving, i think i have fsuipc set a little wrong, i would expect the IAE( happening on CFM as well) engines to move as soon as i take the parking brake off, but a have to tap the brakes first ( rudder pedals) iam going to go back into fsuipc and have another go 

but i will try your suggestion first John, thanks

James Littler

I have noticed while using the updated A320 in V4.5 the plane does not want to turn left or right at very very low speeds and need to get it moving at 3 or 4 kts for the nose wheel to be effective. A321 seems fine. Not sure if this is a plane issue or p3d.

On 7/2/2020 at 3:38 PM, John Barnes said:

Something that fixed it for a couple of users. Seen it around and it stuck in my head.

Sadly, didn't work for me ...

Pat Brooks

I too seem to also have issues with steering. I have set it up IAW the instruction guide.

I'm using FSUIPC v6.0.9 and using Saitek yoke and rudder pedals.

Current fsuipc6.ini entries

[Profile.FSLabs]
1=FSLabs

[Axes.FSLabs]
RangeRepeatRate=10
0=1R,256,F,66818,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: STEERING_SET }-

After I select the A320 and the aircraft has finished loading, I will then start ASP3D beta #7, then go through the preflight, pushback and try to start taxing.

Wheels are turning but not the aircraft (even after 4+ kts). 

What's interesting is that I can save the setup at this point and restart P3D, load the saved scenario and I'm then able to taxi.

I then complete my flight and land with no other issues.

Any thoughts or ideas? Am I missing something?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

MCDU.jpg

Steering Set.jpg

Pat Brooks

Fixed my issue by deleting the fsuipc.ini file. I then started P3D and let it rebuild the file.

Once up, assigned "steering set" again in the axis assignment tab.

It did change the settings:

[Axes]
PollInterval=10
RangeRepeatRate=10
0=1X,256,F,66818,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: STEERING_SET }-

[Profile.FSLabs]
1=FSLabs

[Axes.FSLabs]
RangeRepeatRate=10
0=1R,256,F,66818,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: STEERING_SET }-

It's working now. :D

Norbert Stephens

I am having a related problem with NWS in P3Dv5.

I use a joystick for both rudder and tiller in the A320 and have enabled the Pedals Control setting in the MCDU. However, whenever the comma key is pressed during a turn, the plane stutters and increases speed. It is worse when I have Pedals Disc Bnt Sticky on. Taxing is very difficult since installation.

Any suggestions?

Koen Meier
2 minutes ago, Norbert Stephens said:

I am having a related problem with NWS in P3Dv5.

I use a joystick for both rudder and tiller in the A320 and have enabled the Pedals Control setting in the MCDU. However, whenever the comma key is pressed during a turn, the plane stutters and increases speed. It is worse when I have Pedals Disc Bnt Sticky on. Taxing is very difficult since installation.

Any suggestions?

Do you have the notification ie third option active on the pedals control page?

• 2 months later...
Matthias Weidemann

Like to pick this up again: same problem here, with a completely fresh and naked installation of P3D5 + FSLabs A320 only, all in default settings. Controlling the tiller with the rudder pedals usually works, but this is lost after some time - after engine start, sometimes after landing. The tiller and nose wheel in the external model are turning full range, but the aircraft just won't turn.

None of the fixes mentioned here helps, Active Sky is not installed, notification in the Rudder Pedals page is OFF (selections there: ON - OFF - OFF). With the notification enabled, it says that the button is pressed DOWN, but the aircraft doesn't turn.

There is only one solution: after selecting a new airframe NWS works like it should, at least for some time.
Any ideas?

• 5 months later...
daniel_schmeisser

Just installed the A320 again on a fresh P3D v4.5 installation but NWS didn't work for me as well. Is there a fix for that? Never had this issue in the past with previous builds.

Norman Blackburn

In what way isnt it working please Daniel?  What have you done or do and what do you see please?

daniel_schmeisser

I have just set via Options - Controls - Rudder Pedals - PEDALS CONTROLS NWS to "On" (I use my pedals for both, steering and rudder).

I push down the pedal disc to enable the steering and you can see the full movement of the front gear in the ext view but the bus won't turn. 

Norman Blackburn
18 minutes ago, daniel_schm said:

you can see the full movement of the front gear in the ext view but the bus won't turn. 

Are you also using Active Sky?

• 8 months later...
Andreas Steffen

I'm slowly giving up hope and slowly thinking about switching again. The problem with the nose wheel has still not been resolved for months. Above all, there was no reason that it suddenly stopped working. I only use a joystick, Tiller button pressed, MCDU settings correct and axis assignments correct. The nose wheel moves correctly, but the A320 goes straight ahead. No more fun. Use P3D V4, GSX and ASPP4.

Norman Blackburn
2 hours ago, Andreas Steffen said:

The nose wheel moves correctly, but the A320 goes straight ahead. No more fun. Use P3D V4, GSX and ASPP4.

Tell us about the order you start things.  In particular Activesky and any other simconnect applications in relation to when you load the A320.

• 2 weeks later...
Leslie Channell

Can I pick this back up please.

I have been running the 320 x With Active sky, and GSX for over a year - all worked brilliantly.

Today I committed the cardinal sin and did an update.

Through FSlabs Control centre, I updated my A320 and added some new liveries.  (nothing else was altered)

Now I (once again) have the nose wheel is seen to turn, but aircraft goes straight.

I followed my own advice, from when I had this before - ran the FSDT updater.  Alas this time it has not resolved my issue.

I have also tried starting Active Sky after the A320 has loaded, but that did not work for me either.

Really could do with some help please.

Thank you

Leslie

Leslie Channell
1 hour ago, Leslie Channell said:

Can I pick this back up please.

I have been running the 320 x With Active sky, and GSX for over a year - all worked brilliantly.

Today I committed the cardinal sin and did an update.

Through FSlabs Control centre, I updated my A320 and added some new liveries.  (nothing else was altered)

Now I (once again) have the nose wheel is seen to turn, but aircraft goes straight.

I followed my own advice, from when I had this before - ran the FSDT updater.  Alas this time it has not resolved my issue.

I have also tried starting Active Sky after the A320 has loaded, but that did not work for me either.

Really could do with some help please.

Thank you

Leslie

It gets even more strange.

Works in the A320 with CFM engines
Does not work in the A320 with IAE engines

I have the same Options set in both.

Edit to add:

1.  I load the CFM version (cold) start the aircraft and steering works.

2. With the engines running, Change aircraft (in p3d drop down) to the IAE and steering works.

However

1.   I load the CFM version (cold) and DO NOT start engines

2. With engines off, change to the IAE (as above) and start the engines - Steering fails.

Lastly

If I load the IAE from the P3D menu the steering fails, yet the CFM works.

Strange....

David Henning

Hi,

I have a really strange problem with the nose wheel steering too. 

I'm using P3D 5.2 and the latest version of the A320-X (SL). Nose wheel steering works fine if I'm using my old Thrustmaster TCA stick, but it doesn't work at all with my new VKB Gladiator NXT. It even blocks the pedals disconnect button on other devices (my keyboard or the Thrustmaster TCA throttle). Only clicking the button in cockpit does allow me to use the nose wheel steering via the pedals. It's really annoying.

Within the FSlabs settings everything works totally fine. The twist (Rz) axis and the buttons are recognized without any problems. The axis tuning window works fine. Every movement of the twist axis is perfectly shown, but as soon as I want to use in the sim, nothing.

I already ruled out interference from Active Sky etc. -- I would apprieciate any idea, what could cause this behaviour. The Gladiator itself works perfectly fine in any other sim and plane I own.

• Confused 1
Leslie Channell

Sounds Similar,

I am also on P3d 5.2 and the axis assigned is R2

I can see the nose wheel turning visually and so it is getting the commend, yet the aircraft track forwards only without turning.  Very Odd.

Leslie Channell

After a few days and much head scratching, I found a solution which I hope will help others.

My instinct is that this has something to do with simConnect.  I guess the NWS (tiller) sits in there for the GSX connectivity.

I re-ran FSDT which I thought should update the SimConnect (and I now can see that it did), but the NWS still failed on the newly installed IAE A320.

However, I never ran Navigraph SimConnect - So I ran that again.

Then I looked into the aircraft folders to see where a difference might be..

The working A320 C:\users\me\documents\prepar3d v5 add-ons\fslabs\Simobjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A320 CFM\Panel.EZY G-EZTT
The not working A320 C:\users\me\documents\prepar3d v5 add-ons\fslabs\Simobjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A320 IAE\Panel.BAWue G-EUUE

I noted that:

The working A320 had a shortcut called FSL_Config.dll and was a type '.symlink'
The not working A320 had a file called FSL_Config.dll it was NOT a shortcut and was a type 'DLL File'

Having backed up the non working FSL_config.dll, I copied the working shortcut FSL_Config.dll into the non working aircraft folder (below the backup I had created).

Loaded the Sim, and BOOM!  it all works.

My conclusions are that it was either running Navigraph simconnect or it was the FSL_Config file that was the problem.

Hope this is of help to others.

Leslie   

• Thanks 1
Kevin Johnson

Hi all, 

I have this issue also except my tiller won’t even turn. I have everything set up correctly to my understanding and have the rudder also set up in p3d setting. I have tried active sky on and off while testing but nothing seems to work. Any help Is appreciated, 

thanks 

One thing that I realized that the aircraft movement sometimes not synchronized with the angle of the nosewheel. The nose wheel reacts immediately when you turn the tiller (like full left/right turn) but the aircraft takes a while to make the turn. I think it'll be more realistic if they synchronize the nose wheel movement with the aircraft movement, not with the tiller (same way what PMDG is doing with their product) then it would be perfect. 

Kevin Johnson

I probably should of said this earlier but I was able to get the tiller working by renaming the File where settings for the tca sidestick are stored 

Edit: I just realized I already said that lol 

Edited by Kevin Johnson
  • Haha 1