Alex Ridge

P3D V5 - External view performance

Hardik Ramnani

the issue is still a thing with the latest update sadly, my guesses are it's something to do with the dynamic window blinds or the new pbr code idk

Tim Vancauwenbergh
On 7/28/2020 at 7:39 PM, Will Tearne said:

If you pause your sim, does your FPS go right back up?

Using the last update pausing the sim gives a difference of about 5fps - 10fps (from 27 to 35, clear skies without mipmaps on). Edit: I have noticed that the cabin has lights inside (maybe DL?), can this cause performance issues too?

Jay Salazar

I can confirm that I do indeed suffer from extremely low FPS when ever in an outside view or wing view, when the aircraft is stationary it seems to be fine but the second you start moving it goes downhill. I've seen as low as 14 fps in external view and have no problem keeping in the upper 30 and lower 40s in the flight deck in 4k...

• Like 1

Will Tearne
On 7/30/2020 at 9:01 AM, Tim Vancauwenbergh said:

Using the last update pausing the sim gives a difference of about 5fps - 10fps (from 27 to 35, clear skies without mipmaps on). Edit: I have noticed that the cabin has lights inside (maybe DL?), can this cause performance issues too?

It did beforehand too, so I shouldn't think so. The only real change that I could think of, that would have any realistic chance of effecting performance in external views only, would be the dynamic blinds. These were not implemented in the A321-X in P3D v4 when it first came out, and the FPS in that aircraft was perfectly fine for me. @Andrew Wilson is the dynamic blinds feature activated on the ground, or only when the aircraft is moving? Because if it were only when the aircraft was moving, that would explain the sudden FPS drop when the aircraft starts moving.

Andrew Wilson
26 minutes ago, Will Tearne said:

It did beforehand too, so I shouldn't think so. The only real change that I could think of, that would have any realistic chance of effecting performance in external views only, would be the dynamic blinds. These were not implemented in the A321-X in P3D v4 when it first came out, and the FPS in that aircraft was perfectly fine for me. @Andrew Wilson is the dynamic blinds feature activated on the ground, or only when the aircraft is moving? Because if it were only when the aircraft was moving, that would explain the sudden FPS drop when the aircraft starts moving.

I very much doubt that Will - and there's an easy way to test; simply set up the payload to be empty with no passengers, which inhibits the cabin blind logic.

Will Tearne
Just now, Andrew Wilson said:

I very much doubt that Will - and there's an easy way to test; simply set up the payload to be empty with no passengers, which inhibits the cabin blind logic.

I'll try that and see if that helps - thanks