Jump to content

P3D V5 - External view performance


Alex Ridge

Recommended Posts

Hardik Ramnani

the issue is still a thing with the latest update sadly, my guesses are it's something to do with the dynamic window blinds or the new pbr code idk

Link to post
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Alexander Sigg

    12

  • Will Tearne

    8

  • Alex Ridge

    7

  • Khoa Nguyen

    6

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Khoa Nguyen Thank you - we looked into this area and I think we've found and fixed the issue. 

@Andrew Wilson @Norman Blackburn @Lefteris Kalamaras @Markus Burkhard I think I found out why, the 2D 30 fps target refresh rate is the problem, by setting it to the min value at 5, outside fps i

Gents- I think this thread is giving conflicting / incorrect information and confuses sim versions. The OP asked about P3D v5, however there are some of you here who are reporting about P3Dv4.

Posted Images

Tim Vancauwenbergh
On 7/28/2020 at 7:39 PM, Will Tearne said:

If you pause your sim, does your FPS go right back up?

 

Using the last update pausing the sim gives a difference of about 5fps - 10fps (from 27 to 35, clear skies without mipmaps on). Edit: I have noticed that the cabin has lights inside (maybe DL?), can this cause performance issues too?

Link to post
Jay Salazar

I can confirm that I do indeed suffer from extremely low FPS when ever in an outside view or wing view, when the aircraft is stationary it seems to be fine but the second you start moving it goes downhill. I've seen as low as 14 fps in external view and have no problem keeping in the upper 30 and lower 40s in the flight deck in 4k...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Will Tearne
On 7/30/2020 at 9:01 AM, Tim Vancauwenbergh said:

Using the last update pausing the sim gives a difference of about 5fps - 10fps (from 27 to 35, clear skies without mipmaps on). Edit: I have noticed that the cabin has lights inside (maybe DL?), can this cause performance issues too?

It did beforehand too, so I shouldn't think so. The only real change that I could think of, that would have any realistic chance of effecting performance in external views only, would be the dynamic blinds. These were not implemented in the A321-X in P3D v4 when it first came out, and the FPS in that aircraft was perfectly fine for me. @Andrew Wilson is the dynamic blinds feature activated on the ground, or only when the aircraft is moving? Because if it were only when the aircraft was moving, that would explain the sudden FPS drop when the aircraft starts moving.

Link to post
Andrew Wilson
26 minutes ago, Will Tearne said:

It did beforehand too, so I shouldn't think so. The only real change that I could think of, that would have any realistic chance of effecting performance in external views only, would be the dynamic blinds. These were not implemented in the A321-X in P3D v4 when it first came out, and the FPS in that aircraft was perfectly fine for me. @Andrew Wilson is the dynamic blinds feature activated on the ground, or only when the aircraft is moving? Because if it were only when the aircraft was moving, that would explain the sudden FPS drop when the aircraft starts moving.

I very much doubt that Will - and there's an easy way to test; simply set up the payload to be empty with no passengers, which inhibits the cabin blind logic.

Link to post
Will Tearne
Just now, Andrew Wilson said:

I very much doubt that Will - and there's an easy way to test; simply set up the payload to be empty with no passengers, which inhibits the cabin blind logic.

I'll try that and see if that helps - thanks

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
Khoa Nguyen
On 8/3/2020 at 11:55 AM, Andrew Wilson said:

I very much doubt that Will - and there's an easy way to test; simply set up the payload to be empty with no passengers, which inhibits the cabin blind logic.

@Andrew Wilson @Norman Blackburn @Lefteris Kalamaras @Markus Burkhard

I think I found out why, the 2D 30 fps target refresh rate is the problem, by setting it to the min value at 5, outside fps is increased almost 10 - 15 fps

I think most of us, there are not many using 2D Panel, so you obviously can set it to min.

It also explains why some of us, only have this fps issue when the plane starts moving

35 fps (30 fps target) vs 51 fps (5 fps target)

@FSlabs team : might be a hint for you to investigate further! 

 

 

test.png

  • Thanks 6
Link to post
Alex Ridge
5 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

@Khoa Nguyen

Thank you - we looked into this area and I think we've found and fixed the issue. 

Was this the mipmap or fps of the 2d panels?

Link to post
Lefteris Kalamaras
9 minutes ago, Alex Ridge said:

Was this the mipmap or fps of the 2d panels?

None of the above, although we got a hint when the 2d fps setting was discussed.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Alex Ridge
37 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

None of the above, although we got a hint when the 2d fps setting was discussed.

Interesting. 

 

However, the mipmap disabling massively improved the FPS. Can you explain why if that wasn't what you have found?

Link to post
James Harker

Will the fix be implemented into the P3Dv4 version as well?  As that is where I'm experiencing the frame rate spikes on the external view at the moment since the recent major A320 update, so I'm really hoping it will help in both versions of the sims.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Danny Moore

Great news. I’m still on 4.5 and have held back from updating due to the reported external performance reports. I may be able to update soon.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to post
Andrew Wilson
Will the fix be implemented into the P3Dv4 version as well?  As that is where I'm experiencing the frame rate spikes on the external view at the moment since the recent major A320 update, so I'm really hoping it will help in both versions of the sims.
 

Yes - it’s applicable to both platforms.
  • Like 2
Link to post
Hardik Ramnani

Temporary fix for me was to set the 2d panel fps to five, external performance is back to normal for me now

Link to post
Khoa Nguyen
7 hours ago, Hardik Ramnani said:

Temporary fix for me was to set the 2d panel fps to five, external performance is back to normal for me now

Great, glad that helps ;) 

Link to post
Lefteris Kalamaras

Gents-

Please let us know if this update fixes your performance issues... we'd love to hear back!

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Karl Brooker
3 minutes ago, Patrick Hildebrand said:

@Lefteris Kalamaras the A321 must not to be updated?!

The 320 carries the core code, so if the fix was part of this then the expansions often do not need updating. You only need to install the new version of the 320.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
santanu nandy

Surprising. In V5 after 103 update I gained about 10-12 fps! The fps remained the same with 105 update. Now I have at egll 30+ in VC and 45+ outside view on ground and 60+ on air outside view and 45+ in VC view on air and absolutely no stutter at all. I have the message green tape on top enabled, putting it off does not make any difference to the fps. I am on ultra setting(8xSSAA), orbx and gsx but no traffic utility like utlive.

2020-8-17_12-50-6-658.png

2020-8-17_12-50-27-736.png

Link to post
James Harker

My performance in P3Dv4 all round now appears to be much better too - thank you for releasing the fix/update so quickly!

The only side affect so far appears to be the VC gauges suddenly 'fast forwarding' to the current state when returning to the virtual cockpit from another view, but I believe that is being looked into in another forum topic for users of ChasePlane.  If this is resulting in even better performance though I can happily live with it.

 

 

Link to post
Tim Vancauwenbergh

The latest version (105) is a true joy to fly! Best performance I have seen since version .400! 

Link to post
John Barnes
On 8/20/2020 at 3:41 AM, James Harker said:

My performance in P3Dv4 all round now appears to be much better too - thank you for releasing the fix/update so quickly!

The only side affect so far appears to be the VC gauges suddenly 'fast forwarding' to the current state when returning to the virtual cockpit from another view, but I believe that is being looked into in another forum topic for users of ChasePlane.  If this is resulting in even better performance though I can happily live with it.

 

 

I believe it is fixed for next update.

Link to post
CHENLIAO

My Fps is pretty good. Both vc and outside model. 

 

But the only problem is the vc,  when the mouse cursor appear,  the fps will drop 8-10.  This not appear in v4.  I think this is v5 bug.  If there is a temporary solution way will be great. 

Link to post
Will Tearne
On 8/28/2020 at 10:35 AM, John Barnes said:

I believe it is fixed for next update.

When I first installed the newest update there was no real performance increase for me (for some reason). When I reinstalled windows (something I was going to do anyway), and installing a fresh sim with no previous remnants of previous installations, the performance was much better. It seems like the new update, along with a re-installation of Windows has really fixed the issue. Thank you so much for all your hard work,

Will

Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...