Kristoffer Michelsen

P3DV4 Very bright landing lights

Kristoffer Michelsen

Hey all.

Just updated The A319, A320 and A321 to the latest versions and is it just me or is the landing lights very bright. Im not sure if its supposed to be that like, but i feel almost blinded being in the cockpit and external. 

I do use reshade so they look more as if i were in foggy conditions, but i wasnt, and without reshade its still just as bright but without the "foggy" look.

unknown.png

2020-6-30_22-18-1-396.jpg

• Like 1

Marc Stanford

The cockpit pic in this, is that the A321?

Danny Moore

I know when another developer updated the 747 series the changes made to the landing lights to take advantage of v5 light code made them look dimmer in 4.5. I wonder if this is the same situation were adjustments made for v5 will effect v4. I hope it's just a shader issue. Can anyone else on 4.5 confirm the bright lights?

James Harker

I’ve just completed my first flight with the update in the A320 in P3DV4 and yes I agree, the landing lights seemed much brighter than they were.  It seemed to have a more negative impact on my performance with the dynamic lighting too, but I was enjoying the other visuals too much to look at it too closely tonight.

• Like 1

Eric Fisher

Well, for those of us still on v4.5, after waiting forever for the LM v5hf2, we get this for our version. This looks terrible and immersion killing. If this tanks performance at night I might not even bother updating the A320.

Andrew Wilson

Clearly there’s an error - we’ll investigate.

Ezio Cingolani

Just for information, in my case, I have exactly the opposite. I have not updated on V4, but on V5 I have all the lights very dim except for the cockpit Int Lt. Everything else, Landing/Taxi, Flood etc, are way too dim. Taxi lights at night are barely noticeable.

For the rest it is an excellent update..!

Cheers 

Ezio

Stu Antonio
5 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Clearly there’s an error - we’ll investigate.

Please take a look at these as well, while you're at it. ;)

Andrew Wilson
Hey all.
Just updated The A319, A320 and A321 to the latest versions and is it just me or is the landing lights very bright. Im not sure if its supposed to be that like

Is this P3D V4.5 HF3? With Tomatoshade?

Alexander Petrenko

Something is definitely wrong with lights now. But not only with landing lights but with all lights - for example see what I got in the cockpit.

I have only ENVSHADE in terms of shaders, nothing else. HDR setting as per ENVSHADE manual.

x1.png

x2.png

Andrew Wilson

What scenery is that?

Alexander Petrenko
2 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

What scenery is that?

Geneva LSGG by Aerosoft. However I have the same effect in the cockpit at Nice LFMN by Justsim for example.

Alexander Petrenko

Ok, I'm now with 4.5HF3, and it should be noted that when I turn landing lights on, my FPS on external view drop down from 28-30 to 18-20... However when I had 4.5HF2 - there was no any FPS drop with landing lights turned on, i.e. in general FPS was lower than with previous build (35-40 on external view) but they did not drop to 18-20... so HF3 made it worse rather than better...

Will try with A321X now (which used to work perfect for me on previous build).

Alexander Petrenko

Yep, same problem with A321X - FPS drop from 28-30 to 18-20 on external view (from 25-27 to 22-23 in VC) when landing lights are turned on. As I said before, A321X with PBR worked perfect to me with previous build, but the new build definitely has some problems with lights and performance...

P3Dv4.5HF3

2080Ti

Alexander Petrenko

I tried to switch off different things like ENVSHADE shaders, HDR lightning, etc. but nothing helped to avoid such bright lights including cockpit, as well as massive FPS drop when they are turned on. It looks like there is a general problem with dynamic lights in all the latest builds... Again - previous build of A321X with PBR implemented worked perfectly on my system...

Koen Meier

could this be down to the difference in dynamic lighting between v5 and v4?

Alexander Petrenko
6 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

could this be down to the difference in dynamic lighting between v5 and v4?

That should be right answer indeed. AFAIK PMDG has absolutely the same problem with their first build for P3Dv5 (enormously bright lights), as well as FPS drops for those who stayed with P3Dv4.5 due to different DL technique required for both sims. So I will be surprised to hear that FSLabs did not make individual DL settings for v4 and v5...

Hopefully we will see a sort of hot fix soon.

• Like 1

Stu Antonio

I can confirm as the link above to my post in another section shows, that I get this with every TS profile I tried as well as no TS.

Alexander Petrenko
2 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

I can confirm as the link above to my post in another section shows, that I get this with every TS profile I tried as well as no TS.

Same to me with ENVSHADE shaders activated or disabled. So there is nothing to do with shaders I believe. DL is the issue. 

Eric Fisher

I hope they can get this and the external model performance drop problems rectified quickly. Holding off updating due to these issues.

• Like 1

Kristoffer Michelsen
On 7/1/2020 at 9:50 AM, Andrew Wilson said:

Is this P3D V4.5 HF3? With Tomatoshade?

Correct

On 6/30/2020 at 11:21 PM, Marc Stanford said:

The cockpit pic in this, is that the A321?

Correct. Its the same for the A320 as well. I did not check the A319

ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd

While we're at it, I think the upper beacon light, on top of the fuselage, is a little too offset in the vertical (Z?) axis: The "flash" is "in the air" a few centimeters above where the actual light is ! Sorry for this :P

However, the new VC lightning is :wub:

Eric Fisher

The issue with external performance has found a workaround it appears. Now if they can get this lighting issue straighten we should be good