Jeff Nielsen

WOW!!

Jeff Nielsen

OMG....in V5 at ENAL airport, I'm getting nearly 70FPS in the panel!!  The new update is awesome guys!  Great job!!

Edit:  That's with TrueSky on also. :-) 

• Like 4

Stewart Cumbers

Yeah I’m getting about 40 fps in egll ! 

• Like 1

Jeff Nielsen

Testing other airports now...so far...BUTTER!

Jeff Nielsen

Here's a few shots.

2020-6-30_13-50-49-896.jpg

2020-6-30_13-51-7-862.jpg

2020-6-30_18-31-57-511.jpg

2020-6-30_18-32-46-532.jpg

Marc Stanford

I hope I can say the same with v4.5 HF2

• Like 1

Jeff Nielsen
6 hours ago, Stewart Cumbers said:

Yeah I’m getting about 40 fps in egll ! 

I''m getting about 30 in the panel and slow texture loads at EGLL, but I think there might be some issues going on w/ORXB.  I  noticed the 2 aircraft (A380) display in the landside area has 2 aircraft there.  Had this problem before.  Need to research what I need to do with it.  Otherwise it might actually be flyable again...lol

2 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

I hope I can say the same with v4.5 HF2

I'd go to V5 if you can.

Rafal Haczek

I am on P3D4.5.2, but reading all those reports from v5 talking about 'much better performance' or '70 FPS', makes me wonder (to say the least). :blink:
PS My wallet keeps telling me to refrain from upgrading to P3D5.

• Like 2

NilsUnger

I am tempted, yes. But I will continue to wait and see if there are a number of users with GPUs <8GB running v5 successfully.

• Like 3

Søren Dissing
5 hours ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

... and slow texture loads at EGLL, 

For that you can try to increase the default value of MAX_TEXTURE_REQUEST_DISTANCE=1000.000000 in the [GRAPHICS] section of your Prepar3D.cfg file. Setting it to 16000.000000 got rid of the texture loading problem for me.

• Like 2

Nils Grube

For me with a GTX1080 its such a joy to fly that plane in v5. I have very high settings and it runs like a dream. Test flight yesterday EDDF to EDDH it didn’t come across 5 GB. It’s so well optimized its absolutely impressing how they have done it. I will fly today from EDDH back to EDDF than to London Heathrow with with orbx true earth south and see how that will works out 

• Like 2

Marc Ehnle
54 minutes ago, Nils Grube said:

For me with a GTX1080 its such a joy to fly that plane in v5. I have very high settings and it runs like a dream. Test flight yesterday EDDF to EDDH it didn’t come across 5 GB. It’s so well optimized its absolutely impressing how they have done it. I will fly today from EDDH back to EDDF than to London Heathrow with with orbx true earth south and see how that will works out 

What CPU?

Rafal Haczek
1 hour ago, Nils Grube said:

I will fly today from EDDH back to EDDF than to London Heathrow with with orbx true earth south and see how that will works out 

Please do not forget to report back here.
It will be a very interesting test to read about.

phil highton

cpu = 9700k , gpu=1080ti , everthing on m.2 and ssd's , if you have similar i would strongly advise going v5 now the FSL bus is out , its a match made in heaven B) 

• Thanks 1

Nils Grube
4 hours ago, Marc Ehnle said:

What CPU?

I have an i9-10900k water cooled 

Nils Grube
4 hours ago, Rafal Haczek said:

Please do not forget to report back here.
It will be a very interesting test to read about.

Absolutely not.... as soon I finished my work for today the fun part can startB)

Christoph Wechselberger

With my Radeon vii i have about 16-20 Fps all sliders full right.

egll, orbx TE south at 4k use 12 GB vram

that's awesome with v4 I had 6-8 ;-)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Slawomir A.Lysy

Really amazing! Finally I can fly my favourite BUS! Excellent performance in p3dv5! Thank You very much! Waiting for the sharklets :-)

brendon powys

I'm amazed at the performance. Devs can I get the secret recipe, so I can tweak my wife for better performance. :D

• Haha 3

Jeff Nielsen

I'm  still re-installing and testing airports.  So far even at EDDF it's butter.  Still have yet to do a test flight though...lol.  Will do that on Friday I think.  I did a taxi test though...amazingly smooth.

Slawomir A.Lysy

I have already completed first full flight EPKK - BIKF, 4 hours, frames all the time above 30 (on i7 6700K and 1080Ti), great clouds immersion enroute !Everything excellent

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Marc Ehnle
7 hours ago, Nils Grube said:

I have an i9-10900k water cooled 

:o

keine weiteren Fragen.... ^^

Alexander Luzajic
14 hours ago, NilsUnger said:

I am tempted, yes. But I will continue to wait and see if there are a number of users with GPUs <8GB running v5 successfully.

Very successfully since day one....with FSL very smooth so far....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CHENLIAO

I love this new version in v5.  The performance is amazing. 

• Like 1