George Westwell

Cannot install FSLabs A320 for P3DV5

George Westwell

I have P3dV5 with HF2 and it has been working fine. Today, I have downloaded the FSLabs A320 for P3DV5, everything seem to go OK with the download. I start  the installation, put in my order details, email address and serial number, it gets activated and the install starts and completes. I reboot the PC, and start P3DV5, it gets no further than the splashscreen.

I have tried everything I can think of which includes:

• Extract the zip file and run the exe as administrator
  • Uninstalled the A320 and P3DV5 works perfectly
  • Repaired my P3DV5 installation
  • re-downloaded the A320 zip file in case the first one was corrupt
  • re installed turning off Trend security
  • run P3DV5 as administrator 

following advice from another forum, I have now in addition to the above undertaken the following

• renamed the P3D config file - so that it could create a new one
  • unistalled the full P3D V5HF2 and then reinstalled it

and with Fslabs showing as being in the SimStarter NG aircraft list P3DV5 will not open, the circle spins but all I get is the splashscreen. Uninstall the FSLabs A320 and P3DV5HF2 works as normal

each time I do this, I uninstall the A320, clean up with CCleaner, reboot and still cannot get P3DV5 to open. As already said, if I uninstall FSLabs A320 - then P3DV3 works perfectly.

Now a strange thing is that I use Simstarter NG, and if I refresh the aircraft list - it shows the A320 as being installed - yet P3DV5 will not go beyond the splashscreen.

What am I doing wrong, or what is going wrong?

All suggestions appreciated.

PS   I am using Windows 10

George Westwell

Guys

this is my favourite aircraft and I have so been looking forward to the P3DV5 version - any help or suggestions would be truly appreciated.

George Westwell

the problem seems to be my Trend security which is stopping the programme opening. Can someone let me know where is the A320 exe file located, so I can exclude it, or whatever files I should be excluding from trend micro.Thanks

Lefteris Kalamaras

Dear George-

please find your Trend Security log files to let us know why it's detecting this - if necessary, we need to report it to them as a false positive.

George Westwell

Lefteris

Thank you for your response - I found if I put the following two files in the exception list of my Trend Micro Maximum Security, the programme loads just fine.

C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSLabs\AOCServices\AOCService.exe

C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSLabs\Libraries\FSL_Configurator.exe

Not sure why - but it works for me.

Thanks again