Jonah Desrochers

Custom Panel States

Jonah Desrochers

The ability to save and load custom panel states from the alt menu>>Addons>>FSLABS>>Panel States is missing for me on v5.0.1.100. Was this functionality removed, or am I missing something?

David Laifer
24 minutes ago, Jonah Desrochers said:

The ability to save and load custom panel states from the alt menu>>Addons>>FSLABS>>Panel States is missing for me on v5.0.1.100. Was this functionality removed, or am I missing something?

Good question, i don't find it ?

Andrew Akker

I wasn't aware of the option to save custom panel states, but you can overwrite the existing default ones with your options. I was able to set a slightly tweaked version of the C&D panel state with my own.

Jonah Desrochers
50 minutes ago, Andrew Akker said:

I wasn't aware of the option to save custom panel states, but you can overwrite the existing default ones with your options. I was able to set a slightly tweaked version of the C&D panel state with my own.

That's what I tried to do as a workaround, but every time I reload the exact same plane, it defaults to FSLabs defaults for their panel states.

Norman Blackburn

You can still save the same features using the P3D Flights menu.  When starting simply choose the desired save using the load menu.

Jonah Desrochers
31 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

You can still save the same features using the P3D Flights menu.  When starting simply choose the desired save using the load menu.

This is a bit of an cumbersome workaround; I take it this means that custom panel state functionality has been removed permanently? Shame, although I suppose there's a reason why it must be this way.

Jonah Desrochers

Edit: upon digging further into the manual, I see that you can modify the panel states but they are only for each livery/aircraft. I will try to copy the ini for one livery into all the rest and see if that works.

Frederic Nadot
On 6/30/2020 at 9:29 PM, Jonah Desrochers said:

This is a bit of an cumbersome workaround; I take it this means that custom panel state functionality has been removed permanently? Shame, although I suppose there's a reason why it must be this way.

I agree with you.