Viktor Graf

How to install the latest update

Viktor Graf

Hello fellow bus drivers,

with the new update being released I wonder what the correct update process is.  So far I have found contradictory information. One thread suggest to do a complete

reinstall with antivirus etc. being off while the other says that it is sufficient to run the latest updater without any of these "stunts" to quote the post. 

Therefore I would like to know what are the current and valid steps to update the A320-X?

Looking forward to your answers

Regards,

Viktor

Norman Blackburn
  1. Run the installer.  
  2. Follow the onscreen prompts.
  3. Enjoy!
  • Like 1

Peter Hastings
Just now, Norman Blackburn said:
  1. Run the installer.  
  3. Enjoy!

@Norman Blackburn Would it be worth making a prominent sticky somewhere about this?  Whenever a new release comes out, there always seem to be lots of posts asking the same questions! It might make your life a little easier :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Paul Stassen
20 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:
  1. Run the installer.  
  3. Enjoy!

Yes Norman I already did that, following the instructions exactly, rebooted, and now Prepar3d doesn't start. I already wrote a separate post about it. Thanks! 

Norman Blackburn
2 minutes ago, Paul Stassen said:

Yes Norman I already did that, following the instructions exactly, rebooted, and now Prepar3d doesn't start. I already wrote a separate post about it. Thanks! 

Replied to your other post.  One is enough.

Hamish Lynde

Hi guys,

May be a ridiculous question but it's my first time updating fslabs product - the liveries I had installed on the previous version no longer work on the update. Am I supposed to do something here to get them working?

Many thanks,

Hamish

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Hamish Lynde said:

Hi guys,

May be a ridiculous question but it's my first time updating fslabs product - the liveries I had installed on the previous version no longer work on the update. Am I supposed to do something here to get them working?

Many thanks,

Hamish

You need new liveries they are under the v5.0 tab for the a320. https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/files/category/60-a320-x-liveries/

Edited by Koen Meier

Andrew Akker

Painters have to update them. You have to remove them from the simobjects folder and get new ones via the downloads page, make sure they're v5.0.1.100+ compatible. Not all of them will have been updated yet.

Hamish Lynde

Perfect, thanks to both for your help.

Thierry Nguepdjo

Do we have to update the 321X as well? I'm still running P3DV4. If we need to update the 321, which if I read the announcement correctly we do, where do I find the download link to that? 

John Barnes

You only need repaints updated for the 320 at the moment.

Thierry Nguepdjo
43 minutes ago, John Barnes said:

You only need repaints updated for the 320 at the moment.

So no new download of the 321 software is needed at this point? It will still run alongside the updated 320? Just want to make sure I wasn't missing a download link when I updated the base 320 just now. 

EDIT: Got it sorted.

Danny Moore

Well it looks like a lot of the US Airlines user submitted liveries still need to be updated. No Spirit or American :( 

A lot of the US Airlines are painted by Brian and John.