Jump to content
Rich Bonneau

Is the v5 version also compatible with 4.5 HF3?

Recommended Posts

Rich Bonneau

Is the new A320 also compatible with HF3 of 4.5?

Thanks,

Rich

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
2 minutes ago, Rich Bonneau said:

Is the new A320 also compatible with HF3 of 4.5?

Thanks,

Rich

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Mªr†¡n Hªr†|

If we update to v5.0.1.100 do we have to manually uninstall previous installations or will the new installers do that job?

Share this post


Link to post
Norman Blackburn

The installer does everything for you.

The same installer does v4.5 and v5

Share this post


Link to post
Slawomir A.Lysy

So, there is no need to uninstall the old version of Bus? Just run the new installer?

Share this post


Link to post
Norman Blackburn

Thats correct @Slawomir A.Lysy

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
John Barnes

Yes. However,

for the A320 (only) you will need to download V5 repaints.

Share this post


Link to post
Slawomir A.Lysy
Just now, John Barnes said:

Yes. However,

for the A320 (only) you will need to download V5 repaints.

Ok, so first need to delete the old liveries right?

 

Share this post


Link to post
John Barnes

Yes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Eric Fisher
36 minutes ago, John Barnes said:

Yes. However,

for the A320 (only) you will need to download V5 repaints.

Never mind

Share this post


Link to post
Bernardo Reis
1 hour ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Thats correct @Slawomir A.Lysy

 

I have the bus installed on P3D v4 (not the latest version) and I want to install the new version on v5, however I get the following error: 

 

Legacy version of A320-X for Prepar3D V4 is previously installed. Select "OK" to uninstall first and continue or "Cancel" to exit. 

 

 

Is it not possible to have both v4 and v5 buses?

Share this post


Link to post
John Barnes

Just click yes

It will offer you the chance to install both in the process.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Bernardo Reis
2 hours ago, John Barnes said:

Just click yes

It will offer you the chance to install both in the process.

But this unnistalled the version I had on P3D v4!! I wanted to maintain the old version I had and install the new one on v5......

Share this post


Link to post
ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd

Just in case it's not clear - the new V5 liveries work amazingly well in P3D4 !

image.thumb.png.85883476d658439663a7136efd13bcc1.png

Share this post


Link to post
John Barnes
38 minutes ago, Bernardo Reis said:

But this unnistalled the version I had on P3D v4!! I wanted to maintain the old version I had and install the new one on v5......

Then when installing, merely untick the V4 version so it only installs the new version into V5

Share this post


Link to post
Bernardo Reis
3 minutes ago, John Barnes said:

Then when installing, merely untick the V4 version so it only installs the new version into V5

That's what I did. However, it uninstalled the V4 version I wanted to maintain and not update. How can I solve this now?

There seems to be some files on the v4 Add-ons folder. I added the add-on.xml that got removed but I got a plane with no L/G and black screens.

Share this post


Link to post
John Barnes

Is there some particular reason you do not wish to update the newer version?

Support is directed at the latest version. I cannot understand why you would not update.

Unfortunately we cannot distribute older versions.

Share this post


Link to post
Bernardo Reis
2 minutes ago, John Barnes said:

Is there some particular reason you do not wish to update the newer version?

Support is directed at the latest version. I cannot understand why you would not update.

I didn't want to mess with updating v4 to the latest HF. It was working properly in the version I had and intended to leave it that way.

How can I recover the v4 installation?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
John Barnes

V5 can run on HF2 of P3d V4.5. 

I would delete my FSL stuff by first running the uninstallers, then remove folders left behind and start from scratch.

Share this post


Link to post
Danny Moore
1 minute ago, Bernardo Reis said:

I didn't want to mess with updating v4 to the latest HF. It was working properly in the version I had and intended to leave it that way.

How can I recover the v4 installation?

I agree. HF2 is very stable and HF3 was buggy on release. This is why many users are still on HF2. Besides HF3 didn't have much to offer as far as fixes were concerned. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
John Barnes
Just now, Danny Moore said:

I agree. HF2 is very stable and HF3 was buggy on release. This is why many users are still on HF2. Besides HF3 didn't have much to offer as far as fixes were concerned. 

See post above yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Danny Moore
1 minute ago, John Barnes said:

See post above yours.

Copy thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Bernardo Reis
26 minutes ago, John Barnes said:

V5 can run on HF2 of P3d V4.5. 

I would delete my FSL stuff by first running the uninstallers, then remove folders left behind and start from scratch.

Thanks, that was not clear for me.

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...