A3XX

Davit Abesalashvili

Davit Abesalashvili

Hello. New here. 

FSlabs A320 family looks amazing. Can't wait P3dv5 version to be up and try it myself. 

I've been browsing through forum and saw this from news update from 17th june 2019: "The A3XX-X is also in its early stages of development, we'll have more news on that when available.". Do this mean that you work for any of 330/340/350/ or 380?

Thank you.

Sabine Meier
3 minutes ago, Davit Abesalashvili said:

Hello. New here. 

FSlabs A320 family looks amazing. Can't wait P3dv5 version to be up and try it myself. 

I've been browsing through forum and saw this from news update from 17th june 2019: "The A3XX-X is also in its early stages of development, we'll have more news on that when available.". Do this mean that you work for any of 330/340/350/ or 380?

Thank you.

We dont know.

• Thanks 1
Norman Blackburn
15 minutes ago, Davit Abesalashvili said:

"The A3XX-X is also in its early stages of development, we'll have more news on that when available.". Do this mean that you work for any of 330/340/350/ or 380?

Its a code we use internally.  It could be anything from a single prop through to any of those mentioned and beyond.

• Haha 1
Craig Norman

I'm hoping for the A330. Having flown the other one, and compared to the A32x Family, there's a lot missing from it, and having fallen in love with the A32x, I'd definitely buy an FSL A330 in a heartbeat!

And given that there's commonality with the A32x, I'd say it's highly likely it would be an A330.

• Like 1
Craig Norman
2 hours ago, Antti Salo said:

X is the roman numeral 10

XX-X=X

therefore A3XX-X = A3X = A310

No need to speculate any further

There are not many A310s flying anymore, so I doubt they'd be developing one. Seeing as they're very strict on their code of omerta, though, it could be anything, but my money is on the A330, since they have a lot of commonality with avionics on the A32x family, and because they're more numerous than the A310s.

On 6/12/2020 at 7:52 PM, Norman Blackburn said:

Its a code we use internally.  It could be anything from a single prop through to any of those mentioned and beyond.

We getting a spaceshuttle? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Norman Blackburn
Just now, Sven Sappa said:

We getting a spaceshuttle? :lol:

If you want to call it a space shuttle in your mind who are we to judge?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
Micah Hohney

Really hoping its the A330. Having tried the other A330, nothing compares to FSLabs with the system simulations, cabin announcements and more.

• Like 2
Ross McDonagh
On 6/16/2020 at 9:19 AM, Micah Hohney said:

Really hoping its the A330. Having tried the other A330, nothing compares to FSLabs with the system simulations, cabin announcements and more.

An A330-200 would be outstanding imo.  

• Like 3
Atul Mishra
On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 3:28 AM, Antti Salo said:

X is the roman numeral 10

XX-X=X

therefore A3XX-X = A3X = A310

No need to speculate any further

Maybe not. :P A3XX-X= A3(10*10)-10= A3(100)-10= A290. LOL! Wait... is FSL developing a new generation replacement of A320 for Airbus?:D

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Atul Mishra said:

Maybe not. :P A3XX-X= A3(10*10)-10= A3(100)-10= A290. LOL! Wait... is FSL developing a new generation replacement of A320 for Airbus?:D

Hmm.

There are over 5 letters in the word Airbus.

The 5’th letter in tha alphabet is E.

So that adds up to E290... The ICAO code of the E190-E2

Holy smokes

EE8E512E-0713-469C-912F-C22B8134C193.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Atul Mishra
On 6/19/2020 at 9:37 PM, Antti Salo said:

Hmm.

There are over 5 letters in the word Airbus.

The 5’th letter in tha alphabet is E.

So that adds up to E290... The ICAO code of the E190-E2

Holy smokes

EE8E512E-0713-469C-912F-C22B8134C193.jpeg

Regardless of which Airbus it will be, it'll be a true joy to be able to fly it in the sim. Something that we've craved "a proper Airbus (any)" since FS9 days.

Michele Benedetti

I was thinking about an A350 by FsLabs...my God it would be utterly awesome....imagine doing WSSS-KEWR in it...:)

Sabine Meier
4 minutes ago, Michele Benedetti said:

I was thinking about an A350 by FsLabs...my God it would be utterly awesome....imagine doing WSSS-KEWR in it...:)

Only if they create the right variant. Much more common to do a normal long haul route.

Atul Mishra
4 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

Only if they create the right variant. Much more common to do a normal long haul route.

I'd fly all over China with whatever the next jetliner is. Hahahah.

Camille MOUCHEL
On 6/18/2020 at 8:21 PM, Pedro Torres said:

A350 PLZ I prefer after flying 5 years 310, 320, 321 - 

would be difficult to make a study level A350 .... :(

the cigarette airbus would be nice : A340-600

Norman Blackburn
2 hours ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

would be difficult to make a study level A350 .... :(

Start now.  Let us know how you are getting on :) 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

would be difficult to make a study level A350 ....

integrate Windows in a sim that runs in windows... fullscreen!

Trouble inevitable :D

Camille MOUCHEL
20 hours ago, Marc Ehnle said:

integrate Windows in a sim that runs in windows... fullscreen!

Trouble inevitable :D

what, the OS is not windows in the A350/380, is it ?

Michele Benedetti
21 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Start now.  Let us know how you are getting on :) 

:oA350 by FsLabs confirmed! Just joking obviously...but maybe...:):)

1 hour ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

what, the OS is not windows in the A350/380, is it ?

Not the PFD, ND, etc. But the side displays showing charts, maps, weather, perf calc etc run a windows version. At least that‘s what I saw in a A350 cockpit video on YT.

Sabine Meier
22 hours ago, Marc Ehnle said:

Not the PFD, ND, etc. But the side displays showing charts, maps, weather, perf calc etc run a windows version. At least that‘s what I saw in a A350 cockpit video on YT.

considering the OIS works close with an airline laptop which functions as the EFB. it cloud be that case.

there are some videos on yt that show the a350 efb in more detail.

Edited by Koen Meier

Joking aside, I’ll just throw in my 2 cents on what might be brewing.

If it is indeed a widebody bus, I think the only realistic option is an A330. There is so much commonality with the A320 series in both the VC modelling and the systems, that it would be a wasted opportunity for FSL not to do one, seeing that the market demand for a high-quality A330 definitely exists. The same would otherwise go for the A340, but I don’t think the demand is quite there, seeing how rare it is nowadays IRL. (Really a shame, because it would certainly be the most fun to fly...)

The A350 or A380 will probably be in even higher demand, but I just don’t see an “FSLabs-level” 350 or 380 happening in at least the next 5 years or so, if ever. Not because of the keyboard-and-mouse interface (we have them as hardware, what’s the problem?), not because of the EFB/OIS (It’s literally a display device for a tablet EFB plugged in. And we’re getting a tablet EFB). But because the FSLabs way means accurate simulation of all systems underneath, and under the hood these are far more complex machines than the older generation (320-340). 

Something like a correctly modelled A350 avionics network, electrical system or flight control system with all their quirks sure can be modelled, but it is probably both too time consuming for a business case, and would need a bit too much processing power to run smoothly in a home sim.

But whatever is coming, I don’t think we should get too hyped yet. It took what, 6 years to develop the initial A320-X? And more or less 3 years for the subsequent 319 and 321 addons. Sure, there were a couple of major hurdles on the way, but let’s say an A330 is in the making and “in early stages of development”, is there any realism in seeing one any sooner than 2-3 years from now? Add to that the current limbo state of things with MSFS on the way, and we could just as well add a few years... Well, these are all just uneducated guesses, I’d love to be proven wrong!

• Like 2
Angelos Panou
4 hours ago, Antti Salo said:

If it is indeed a widebody bus, I think the only realistic option is an A330. There is so much commonality with the A320 series in both the VC modelling and the systems, that it would be a wasted opportunity for FSL not to do one, seeing that the market demand for a high-quality A330 definitely exists. The same would otherwise go for the A340, but I don’t think the demand is quite there, seeing how rare it is nowadays IRL. (Really a shame, because it would certainly be the most fun to fly...)

If there is an A330, I could see the A340 being an addon to the 330, like the 321 is to the 320. Similar systems, sounds, etc. Also depending on the version of the 330, they could do a DLC of the other version (-200/-300). Same with the A340, they could do the -200/-300 as a base, and the -500/-600 as an addon. Just pure speculation, but I do hope there will be an FSLabs A330 one day :)

Personally, I'd love to see an FSL A330. When it was first announced, I think it was simply described as having a longer range...could that mean an A319/A320 ACJ?

Timm Rehberg

Who needs long range planes when all the beautiful places are just around in Europe and reachable with all the available variants and maybe in the future even with less fuel burn :D
I would love a CSeries series :) 

Did he say CSeries? :blink:

17 hours ago, Rob Meier said:

Personally, I'd love to see an FSL A330. When it was first announced, I think it was simply described as having a longer range...could that mean an A319/A320 ACJ?

The team have stated there are currently no such plans.

I believe the exact phrasing was ”it can hold more fuel than an A320/321”. Could of course be a 321XLR, but I don’t think that existed back when it was announced. :D

5 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Who needs long range planes

Well yeah, I for one never fly over 2 hour flights in the sim. I just don’t see the point; the fun stuff happens below flight levels, cruise flight is just outright boring. But neither do I see any point in only flying real-life routes with real-life types. Widebodies are a whole different experience to fly, short haul or long haul, so I would still pay three-figure for an FSL heavy for my 1-hour hops!

Michele Benedetti
9 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Who needs long range planes

Well...I need it if it is by FsLabs!:D

Pedro Torres

Alejandro - Yes, 5x years 1st with Wilco A320, then Aerosoft A320 and now for the past 2 years FSLabs A320, 319 & recently renewed A321 I will never leave FSLabs - by far the best Airbus hands down now - if they can come up with the A350 I will be in heaven flying, LOL

Craig Norman
On 6/24/2020 at 6:56 PM, Antti Salo said:

The team have stated there are currently no such plans.

Why? And where was that mentioned?

6 hours ago, Craig Norman said:

Why? And where was that mentioned?

I remember it being mentioned in a sidenote somewhere here in the forums. As to why, only the team knows, but it doesn’t mean there will never be one. Just that they are busy with other projects for the time being.

• 4 weeks later...
Patrick Murphy

Fslab team. Thanks for an amazing product. You all have proven to be the masters at providing a quality Airbus family and as you all continue to fine tune and expand on you craft, I’ll ask the question which I’m pretty sure has been asked before. How about expanding and building on you skills with the heavy body a330-340 family. Completely understandable with what you already have working on that it’s on the back burned but I’m certain you’ll have the support of the majority within the community. 

Sabine Meier
2 hours ago, Patrick Murphy said:

Fslab team. Thanks for an amazing product. You all have proven to be the masters at providing a quality Airbus family and as you all continue to fine tune and expand on you craft, I’ll ask the question which I’m pretty sure has been asked before. How about expanding and building on you skills with the heavy body a330-340 family. Completely understandable with what you already have working on that it’s on the back burned but I’m certain you’ll have the support of the majority within the community. 

A question with no answer currently. We as the public don’t know what is coming after the sharklets.

• 1 month later...