Ross McDonagh
20 hours ago, Søren Dissing said:

Not Soon Enough®

#FixedIt :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Kai-Uwe Weiss
2 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

Hotfix 2 isn’t according to their website.

This can be lasting and after releasing betatesting againB)

Nuno M Pinto
On 6/4/2020 at 6:19 PM, Christian Neil Vasquez said:

hi..When will be available FSlabs A320x for Pd3v5 thanks s

Just before HF3 comes out so you can be another 3 months without using it.

• 2 weeks later...
Ross McDonagh

Is there any word on this yet?  With the Thrustmaster TCA products coming out, I’m anxious to order my new PC and get going!  I’m literally waiting on FSL to release for V5.  Checking here every day once a day.  Even an update would be nice and while I hate to be that guy, I’ve been sitting on the PC order for a few months now. 

8 minutes ago, Ross McDonagh said:

Is there any word on this yet?  With the Thrustmaster TCA products coming out, I’m anxious to order my new PC and get going!  I’m literally waiting on FSL to release for V5.  Checking here every day once a day.  Even an update would be nice and while I hate to be that guy, I’ve been sitting on the PC order for a few months now. 

What holds you from buying a new PC?

FSL have already said many times that they wait for LM to release Hotfix 2. as ling as there is no HF2 there will be no FSL32x in P3Dv5. Nothing will change here.

LM however seem to have announced a possible release early next week so it‘s possible the HF will be out in 2 or 3 days. Then let FSL test their update and with a little luck you have your Airbus im v5 at the end of the week if LM doesn‘t screw everything up again.

• Like 2
Will Tearne
3 hours ago, Marc Ehnle said:

LM however seem to have announced a possible release early next week so it‘s possible the HF will be out in 2 or 3 days. 

This hotfix will finally see all of us reunited with our beloved Airbus. I have the Aerosoft installed at the moment, but refuse to touch it as it is barely a rendition of the Airbus.

• Haha 1
Ross McDonagh
4 hours ago, Marc Ehnle said:

What holds you from buying a new PC?

My PC is going to be built specifically for the FSL A32X products which is to say-the company I am buying from will literally build, then test, THEN install FSL32X and a few other addons (scenery etc.) THEN stress test again and tweak before even shipping it to me.  Because the FSL A32X is one of if not THE most taxing Add-On, having the experts who build the machine and specialize in P3D/Flight Sim computers stress test the FSL Bus first and foremost, other addons should in theory be easier to deal with.   

I’ve chosen this route with the PC company (in Tampa if your curious IDK if it’s allowed to say who they are) to ensure smooth performance with the new PC and the FSL Airbus family.  I really can’t recommend this place enough.  I’ve literally spent a few hours on the phone going over things with them and setting up a plan to get the best experience out of the machine.  

4 hours ago, Marc Ehnle said:

LM however seem to have announced a possible release early next week so it‘s possible the HF will be out in 2 or 3 days. Then let FSL test their update and with a little luck you have your Airbus im v5 at the end of the week if LM doesn‘t screw everything up again.

This is outstanding news-I’ve basically been going by the April 16/19 updates by Lefteris which really don’t mention much about a HF for P3D.  

Here’s hoping that Lockheed doesn’t screw up! 

Marvin Toepfer
19 hours ago, Marc Ehnle said:

....if LM doesn‘t screw everything up again.

thats what i am afraid of at the moment :D

• Like 1
Ross McDonagh
23 hours ago, Marc Ehnle said:

if LM doesn‘t screw everything up again.

3 hours ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

thats what i am afraid of at the moment

I’m sorry gents, I’ve been out of the desktop sim world for ~11 years now, the last Airbus I flew was the Wilco Airbus in 2009.  I’ve followed YT channels and such but I’m wondering what has LM screwed up?   I recall reading about GPU RAM issues in V5.  Is there just a bad track record here?  

Sabine Meier
5 minutes ago, Ross McDonagh said:

I’m sorry gents, I’ve been out of the desktop sim world for ~11 years now, the last Airbus I flew was the Wilco Airbus in 2009.  I’ve followed YT channels and such but I’m wondering what has LM screwed up?   I recall reading about GPU RAM issues in V5.  Is there just a bad track record here?  

not really a bad track record. perople are under the impression that V5 has been rushed out which was caused by people having issues with the sim especially upon release. the sim has been in development since the release of v4 which was like two years ago. i personallly dont have much of an issue with the sim. it is stable with stable products in it. 

• Like 3
Ross McDonagh
7 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

not really a bad track record. perople are under the impression that V5 has been rushed out which was caused by people having issues with the sim especially upon release. the sim has been in development since the release of v4 which was like two years ago. i personallly dont have much of an issue with the sim. it is stable with stable products in it. 

Thanks very much for the reply.  My main thing is to get the FSL bus running in the sim nice and stable with scenery etc.  So waiting has been driving me up the wall lol

Markus Burkhard
1 minute ago, Ross McDonagh said:

Thanks very much for the reply.  My main thing is to get the FSL bus running in the sim nice and stable with scenery etc.  So waiting has been driving me up the wall lol

You won't have an issue with that as long as your GPU has at least 8GB of VRAM. 6GB can work as well, but you'd need to make compromises in what scenery you can use. Another suggestion for guaranteed stability is to only use scenery that has been made officially compatible with v5 by the developer. 

• Like 2
Ross McDonagh
58 minutes ago, Markus Burkhard said:

You won't have an issue with that as long as your GPU has at least 8GB of VRAM

Going with a 2080 Super and an i9 10900K for P3D V5, FSL, FSDT/FlyTampa type sceneries.  Maybe some orbx stuff (it was only really just coming out when I last flew) 

I'm curious why, if your having a 3rd party do all this work for you (which will cost extra money in labor) would you cut corners on the GPU and not just get a 2080Ti?

12 hours ago, Ross McDonagh said:

As Koen said, it‘s not a bad record but they have a habit to make things worse or „more difficult“ before it gets fixed eventually. Their implementation of dynamic lighting in V4.0 was barely usable as it killed the fastest PCs, on another occasion VR suddenly became corrupted and had to be hotfixed... it‘s things that just happen when you bring updates with new features... but it makes one smile a bit as it‘s becoming a little bit predictable..

18 hours ago, Ross McDonagh said:

Going with a 2080 Super and an i9 10900K for P3D V5, FSL, FSDT/FlyTampa type sceneries.  Maybe some orbx stuff (it was only really just coming out when I last flew) 

I'm running a 2080S and an i7-8700k @4.8Ghz and have only had two vRAM issues while testing the beta FSL: PILOTs Alicante - turning sim textures down the 2k fixed that, and LatinVFR LEMD. Sadly I had to turn the textures even further down in the sim (1024) to get the LatinVFR scenery to work. I will probably pick up the Aerosoft version if it comes on sale because vRAM usage in the LatinVFR version is ridiculous. Yes, Madrid is a big airport but so are places like Denver and I've not had any issue there even at 4k (Flightbeam).

In summary, your 2080S should be fine (and about half the cost of a Ti), frames rattle along locked at 30fps pretty much everywhere.

• Like 1
Ross McDonagh
21 hours ago, Steve Ruiz said:

not just get a 2080Ti?

I budgeted $2700 for the PC build.  I’m actually gonna wind up paying a little more (~$2950) for the 10th gen processor.   To put the TI in would’ve taken it up over $3300 which cut into my peripherals budget.  I’ve been saving for a while and I have $5K total for the PC, yoke, throttle quad, pedals, and a sidestick plus addon aircraft and scenery.  Fortunately (or unfortunately cause I’m still debating the Honeycomb Bravo w Airbus handles) Thrustmaster’s new Airbus gear seems like it’s gonna save me a few bucks on that side of things plus it has the detents.  

From FS2000 on, I’ve always had PC issues (slide shows basically) so I’m going with the 2080 super cause I just can’t justify the TI in my head.  I was originally quoted for a 2070 super but once the FS2020 specs came out I bumped that up. 

2 hours ago, Dan Parkin said:

frames rattle along locked at 30fps pretty much everywhere.

Thanks Dan-if I can get 30FPS at FSDT JFK and places like that, I’ll be totally fine with it!  I’m looking for a solid 1080 or maybe 1440 if I can get away with it.  Don’t want to push for 4K until I upgrade the graphics card down the line 

Luca vom Bruch

I would wait for Ryzen 4000 and not get 14nm anymore. Despite the Intel advantage in Flight Sim. IMO even 3000 is a good option and cheaper.

I did not see much difference by going from 1060 to 2070.

Maybe also wait for new RTX 3000 series.

--------------------------------

concerning A320X on V5 it is so cruel to see streamers have Beta access since day one, with little to no issues, but regular customer has to wait several months now.

35 minutes ago, Luca vom Bruch said:

--------------------------------

concerning A320X on V5 it is so cruel to see streamers have Beta access since day one, with little to no issues, but regular customer has to wait several months now.

In the PMDG forum RSR has said that HF2 is expected to change dynamic lighting significantly so that‘s basically what they wait for so they don‘t have to run in circles. I think it‘s similar with FSL, it‘s better to wait and release a reliably working version instead of making it run now, dealing with people who have issues now, then release another version for the hotfix (think of the version lock FSL have) and everything starts again. It‘s hard to wait, I see that although I don‘t care about the sharklets or v5 at the moment but I‘ve always preferred less issues instead of quick/rushed releases.

.  Probably a couple of weeks still before updates, I would think.

• Sad 1
Luca vom Bruch

Now I bought Aerosoft A330, good visuals, but systems very basic only normal laws, no display switching, no failure simulations :( But still a reasonable buy for waiting on long hauls before A320X

• Like 2
Anirbinna Roy
13 hours ago, Luca vom Bruch said:

Legit question, Active Sky update is out for HF2...... :D

Yes .I used the previous beta version of Active Sky (7459-if i recall correctly) , and i encountered CTD, probably like 5 times with V4.5 HF3 with the FSL bus .....So rolled back to the ASP4 ..

Btw did you try the latest Active Sky beta version ? If yes,then how's the stability ? I am thinking of installing the new beta ...:rolleyes:

Luca vom Bruch

I have never had a CTD that could be traced back to active sky. Not for FSX, P3D 1,2,34,5.

I also never had FSLabs related CTD. At least not that I can trace it back. ntdll can be anything, and mostly c++ redist corruptions fault etc..

non specific CTD or BSOD is mostly hardware for me and rather rare.

Simon Justice
On 6/22/2020 at 3:24 PM, Ross McDonagh said:

I have $5K total for the PC, yoke, throttle quad, pedals, and a sidestick plus addon aircraft and scenery.  

Get the 2080TI and fly the Airbus while you save again.

Seriously, it's almost essential for DX12 and FS2020 will sing with it.

Sledge

Ross McDonagh
On 6/25/2020 at 11:42 AM, Simon Justice said:

Get the 2080TI and fly the Airbus while you save again.

I appreciate the sentiment but I just can not justify it particularly when my specs will be higher than the “optimal” or “suggested” ones for MSFS.  Down the line, perhaps.  But if you’ve seen my posts, I’ve been waiting a LONG time to fly the FSL Bus.  Since it was in development basically, if I go with the TI I’m basically dropping peripherals and/or addons.  

edit: is it out yet? ;-p

Simon Justice
On 6/27/2020 at 4:07 PM, David Gray said:

Now would be a very bad time to get the 2080ti. The 3080ti and 3090 will offer much more in performance. 

Got to admit,  I'll be first in the queue

• Like 1