Michele Benedetti

PFPX Concorde Profiles - Fuel Planning Issue

Fraser Gale

@Ray Proudfoot good day for BGI today - any time I pressed "HOLD" on the INS to get the wind component it showed a 6 - 15 knot stern wind.  Temperature not particularly cold at ISA - 9.

My fuel flight planning program said to take 93,560kg (so didn't need full tanks) and  it said at "27 North" there was 16,592kg to destination, and having 29,370kg on board I predicted arrival fuel of 12,778Kg.  Fuel check at "18 North" predicted arrival fuel of 12,776kg and I landed with 11,850kg, so not bad at all really. 

I know you like to share these things, so I thought I would do the same. 

• Like 1

Ray Proudfoot

Thanks Frazz. Good day for a flight. I’ll try it once I’ve completed my world tour in the 737. Dhaka, Bangladesh to Lucknow, India today. Very heavy haze at both airports. The Himalayas were visible to the north and I flew over the Ganges. All parts of the world I’ve never visited before. Leg 53 completed. Next stop New Delhi.

I take it you have the scenery for Barbados. It does help make it look good.

Fraser Gale

Oh yes, I have scenery for all the main Concorde destinations.  I just make sure I only turn on the ones I'm using for that sector.

I take my hat off to you but I couldn't cope with flying a 737 for so long.... They're not the safest either! 

Ray Proudfoot

How many destinations do you fly to? I’ve never seen any benefit to disabling airports I don’t fly to.

Most legs are between 1 and 2 hours except for the Pacific crossing. Now that’s behind me the rest should be a piece of cake and once in the Middle East I can enjoy 3rd party airports.

The biggest thing has been AIG Ai aircraft. I haven’t flown into any airport that hasn’t had other airlines. Brilliant package.

Fraser Gale

The usuals plus Bahrain, Singapore, Sydney, Rovaniemi, Boston, Seattle, Vancouver, Toronto, Hawaii etc...

There is a noticeable VAS saving when not running addon scenery you don't need.  I have collected a lot of addon scenery over many years so no point having them all running. 

Ray Proudfoot

That's a good selection. I'll try your method on my next flight and see if it makes a difference. I always thought if the airport was outside the range of the aircraft it wouldn't be loaded.

Fraser Gale
57 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

That's a good selection. I'll try your method on my next flight and see if it makes a difference. I always thought if the airport was outside the range of the aircraft it wouldn't be loaded.

Not according to what I've read over the years, plus that's why many people have Sim Starter because they can easily select only the scenery areas they want.  I used to use it but when we went to v4 for everything other than Concorde I started selecting areas in scenery library because it's only Concorde places I'm going to. 

Ray Proudfoot

I also have SimStarterNG so will take VAS readings with and without all airports and report the difference. v3 only of course.