Msfs 2020 A320 NEO

Camille MOUCHEL

António Abreu
On 5/29/2020 at 6:53 PM, Artur Araripe said:

Probably a pc that isn't fully up to pair was used to record it. MSFS is rather demanding

In 32 years of Flight Simulator / Prepar3D I've never seen a new simulator version that runs smoothly on the PC most people have. It has always been "New Sim, new PC".

I never really understood in which computers they develop the software because I had cases in which, even with the best PC I could buy in the market, the thing looks bumpy (low FPS).

These days I'm a bit sick and tired of these cycles that make us expend several thousands Euros (hardware and software) and many hours of installations/twicking just to keep up. I like to fly, you know, not playing software engineer (which I already do in real life) as a hobby.

Oh how I miss the days when you install the Sim and 10  mins later you up there flying and fighting! Now it's like: Sim ,then FSUIPC, then weather, then textures, then shades, then aircrafts then scenery then navdata then ... you got the point.

I guess I'll keep my stable and featured P3DV4.5 for a long time ... and keep hoping that FSLabs won't pull the carpet on this version somewhere soon.

• Like 2
On 7/31/2020 at 4:56 PM, Rob Jones said:

So many hyper-critical experts commenting on MSFS (not MSFS2020, note). Not that this post will bother anybody, but I'm laying off forums for a while; too depressing. I'm looking forward very much to the 18th. I'm not obsessed with airliners and see many opportunities to fly VFR, which is really my favourite form of flying. The default airliners and GA  aeroplanes look pretty good, and in many cases better than some payware. I'm very optimistic about the future.

I understand you. I don‘t expect great IFR during the first year of MSFS but its scenery will blow us away. A whole planet to explore. Wow! The default aircraft will be fine for a good time I‘m sure, a lot has been done regarding the flight model and.. I mean... look at that atmospheric simulation! If I want to use great airliners in 11km height I can use P3D with FSL and PMDG. Nothing lost, everything won. 

Christoph Sebek

As some streamers mentioned, it will not simply replace the current sims (P3D, XP11) immediately on Day 1 rather than being be a new plattform for the next decade or so. Streamers also will continue using their current sims along with MSFS. Sounds reasonable and I would not do it differently. ^_^

• Like 1
Michael Briner
1 hour ago, Christoph Sebek said:

As some streamers mentioned, it will not simply replace the current sims (P3D, XP11) immediately on Day 1 rather than being be a new plattform for the next decade or so. Streamers also will continue using their current sims along with MSFS. Sounds reasonable and I would not do it differently.

I'm quite optimistic that many developers will bring their addons quite quickly into the new platform. There are various preview images available already and I'd expect that by the end of the year, a lot of addons will be available. I do not know how difficult it will be for aircraft developers to handle the new platform, having said that, statements like those of PMDG give me hope that we could have an FSL A320 in MSFS by spring 2021.

Sabine Meier
1 minute ago, Michael Briner said:

I'm quite optimistic that many developers will bring their addons quite quickly into the new platform. There are various preview images available already and I'd expect that by the end of the year, a lot of addons will be available. I do not know how difficult it will be for aircraft developers to handle the new platform, having said that, statements like those of PMDG give me hope that we could have an FSL A320 in MSFS by spring 2021.

Importing an 3ds max model of scenery or aircraft in the sim wouldn’t be too difficult with the current sdk i think. The aircraft shots are all static and same goes for the scenery shots that we are seeing now. I would expect scenery to be the first thing we are seeing in the new sim. For aircraft depending on the complexity i am holding my breath for now. 9 months is really fast in a time scale too which I personally think would be unrealistic.  The sdk is incomplete and so it is the documentation on it currently.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1