Msfs 2020 A320 NEO

Camille MOUCHEL

Camille MOUCHEL

Just watch the new msfs 2020 IFR video, everything looks stunning except the interior of the A320, the PFD/ND/ECAM... looks awfully bad and not like an A320 besides the pitch attitude during azll phase of flight seemed wrong => Flight dynamic seems way off.

need to wait 10 years until fslabs release their product for the platform :P, hope they do, I'm sure it would be a hit if they doi

• Confused 1
Lefteris Kalamaras

While I understand there might be some strong feelings towards other simulations of A320 aircraft, I would kindly ask everyone to watch their tone and refrain from derogatory or insulting remarks.

There are people working very hard to develop these products so if by any chance they frequent this forum, they will feel terribly if they read your comments regardless of your intentions.

Please think about such things before posting.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 5
Timm Rehberg

How has this "community" actually evolved in the meantime?
I also like to criticize from time to time because you can make things "nicer" with simple means. Or, for example, you could have achieved more with just more love for the product.
Nevertheless hundreds of developers are working on addons for UNS! This community has grown so much that there are new releases almost every day. Be it an airport or a plane. Tools, programs, ... are developed to make the whole hobby so professional, that meanwhile so many real pilots and air traffic controllers "play" hand in hand with stinky normal hobby flight rooms.
The scream when Microsoft gave up FSX was huge. The joy when Lockheed Martin announced and started a new "era" with P3D was huge. Now just have a look at P3D version 5. Sure, it is buggy and just doesn't run smoothly and error-free but please don't forget that Lockheed Martin used and developed the FSX code here!
Now Microsoft surprised us at the E3 with the Flight Simulator which will drive us all completely crazy! What was created here is nothing else than a completely new generation of flight simulators. Have a look at the photos and videos. Effects, weather, models, techniques... and all this with a performance like we have never been able to experience before.
But Microsoft invites thousands of people to register for a FREE Alpha and use and test it. Of course this may be a relatively cheap marketing trick but nevertheless this is fantastic! And the feedback what you read and see is actually very good ;)
And please. Who ever expects that a STANDARD Flight Simulator will simulate and display an aircraft 1:1 from A to Z in every corner? Simulated with every single system. For what FlightSim Labs needs years to get our beloved Airbus simulated as we enjoy it at the moment, Microsoft 1. will not have the men power and 2. will not have the time and the goal. In FSX we also had a 747, 737... and nobody shouted at that time that there was not even a FMC with SID/STAR's etc.
If you want realism in MSFS, you just have to wait for addons. And from what you read, there are already much more addons working for MSFS than we all think.

Just chill out, enjoy the Alpha if you can and may or be happy about the many and even more photos and videos that are now being published.
And above all: Enjoy what we have and don't get upset about things we don't have yet.

Seriously? For what do I currently need MSFS when I can have a P3D v5 with FSL where everything works so well so far?
MSFS will blow us all away soon enough :D

• Like 5
Pascal Adelsberger

When looking at the video I am quite impressed by their "NEO". Its a default aircraft and you have some auto pilot modes (managed/selected), RA callouts and even a functional FMGS. I cant complain to be honest when I compare it to the default A321 back in 2006 ;)

Also - have you seen the bumping wing at touch down? Looking very nice!

• Thanks 1
Marc Ehnle
1 hour ago, Timm Rehberg said:

How has this "community" actually evolved in the meantime?
I also like to criticize from time to time because you can make things "nicer" with simple means. Or, for example, you could have achieved more with just more love for the product.
Nevertheless hundreds of developers are working on addons for UNS! This community has grown so much that there are new releases almost every day. Be it an airport or a plane. Tools, programs, ... are developed to make the whole hobby so professional, that meanwhile so many real pilots and air traffic controllers "play" hand in hand with stinky normal hobby flight rooms.
The scream when Microsoft gave up FSX was huge. The joy when Lockheed Martin announced and started a new "era" with P3D was huge. Now just have a look at P3D version 5. Sure, it is buggy and just doesn't run smoothly and error-free but please don't forget that Lockheed Martin used and developed the FSX code here!
Now Microsoft surprised us at the E3 with the Flight Simulator which will drive us all completely crazy! What was created here is nothing else than a completely new generation of flight simulators. Have a look at the photos and videos. Effects, weather, models, techniques... and all this with a performance like we have never been able to experience before.
But Microsoft invites thousands of people to register for a FREE Alpha and use and test it. Of course this may be a relatively cheap marketing trick but nevertheless this is fantastic! And the feedback what you read and see is actually very good ;)
And please. Who ever expects that a STANDARD Flight Simulator will simulate and display an aircraft 1:1 from A to Z in every corner? Simulated with every single system. For what FlightSim Labs needs years to get our beloved Airbus simulated as we enjoy it at the moment, Microsoft 1. will not have the men power and 2. will not have the time and the goal. In FSX we also had a 747, 737... and nobody shouted at that time that there was not even a FMC with SID/STAR's etc.
If you want realism in MSFS, you just have to wait for addons. And from what you read, there are already much more addons working for MSFS than we all think.

Just chill out, enjoy the Alpha if you can and may or be happy about the many and even more photos and videos that are now being published.
And above all: Enjoy what we have and don't get upset about things we don't have yet.

Seriously? For what do I currently need MSFS when I can have a P3D v5 with FSL where everything works so well so far?
MSFS will blow us all away soon enough :D

Great post Timm!

Nuno M Pinto
26 minutes ago, Marco Scharfschwerdt said:

For a default aircraft it looks verry nice

Indeed. Much much better than anything default i've ever seen, so it is a milestone.

Robert Sutherland

I think the sim looks absolutely stunning. It's feature-rich and looks incredibly realistic. 

Remember too that this is a commercial product intended for people who might have a fleeting interest in flying and flight simulation. The worst thing you can do is to give them high-fidelity simulators that take hours upon hours to learn and understand. That A320 really isn't for you; it's for those who are new to the simming genre. 

I can't wait to see what all the major developers do with the sim when it's released. But I won't criticise what the product comes with initially. 

• Like 1

The sim is a massive improvement from the current platforms. Every time I fly, I am blown away with it. I feel MS and Asabo doing tremendously good job both at development and their openness with the community. I think expectations should not be too high for a default aircraft. But having said that, I think their finished planes will be very good.

David Gray

I'm concerned that there is some choppiness.  Look at trees while on short final or even clouds while climbing.  but for an alpha and especially for a default aircraft looks good.  I just haven't bought into it being as great as everyone has made it out to be.  Probably be a few years until I consider switching.  But maybe not?

Artur Araripe
1 hour ago, David Gray said:

I'm concerned that there is some choppiness.  Look at trees while on short final or even clouds while climbing.  but for an alpha and especially for a default aircraft looks good.  I just haven't bought into it being as great as everyone has made it out to be.  Probably be a few years until I consider switching.  But maybe not?

Probably a pc that isn't fully up to pair was used to record it. MSFS is rather demanding

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forums here, just got back into simming some months ago after years away with the purchase of P3Dv4.5 and spent a disproportionate amount of time in the MJCDH8D which has been very enjoyable. I've been looking to "advance" my knowledge and learning with larger aircraft and have always been an Airbus fan. Naturally as result I've been following the FSLabs A320 product with considerable longing (lol) through various streamers/videos, looks like an absolutely incredible product.

Being new to the forums, I apologize in advance as I suspect the question may have been asked before, but is there any input as to FSLabs and the new MSFS2020 sim? Is a product being developed or planned for that platform or is it an unknown at this point? And excuse my ignorance, does that typically entail years of development given the complexity of the products? I only ask as I'm looking to move to that simulator when it releases and so am a little hesitant to invest further in the P3D platform.

Appreciate any input/advice more experienced users here may have.

And kudos to the devs here for putting out such an acclaimed product!

Hope all are staying safe during these turbulent times.

Sabine Meier

i think we only know they will have more information once the sim is released. also we dont know what the time frame will be for the new version.

• 2 weeks later...
Craig Norman

Don't expect default aircraft to have the same functionality out of the box. That's why 3rd party addon developers exist ;)

• Like 1

Every simulations platform has their target group with their specific expectations to it.

Some people are fine with switching on their computer on a friday afternoon and fly a default A320 (not judging) from A to B and call it a night and don't necesscarily care for (for example) the correct attitude angle troughout the flight phases or a 100% accurate representation of the VC displays.

Others have higher demands to their software and actually want to go ahead and dive deep into the systems of an aircraft. 

Where there is a market for something, there must be a demand for it. So for each their own. 

• Like 1
Khoa Nguyen
On 5/29/2020 at 9:35 AM, Camille MOUCHEL said:

Just watch the new msfs 2020 IFR video, everything looks stunning except the interior of the A320, the PFD/ND/ECAM... looks awfully bad and not like an A320 besides the pitch attitude during azll phase of flight seemed wrong => Flight dynamic seems way off.

need to wait 10 years until fslabs release their product for the platform :P, hope they do, I'm sure it would be a hit if they doi

their main focus is on the simulator, default planes have never been good in the flight simulator, don't criticize them if you cannot do what they could

Camille MOUCHEL
On 6/20/2020 at 1:44 PM, Khoa Nguyen said:

their main focus is on the simulator, default planes have never been good in the flight simulator, don't criticize them if you cannot do what they could

they have patnership with Airbus, shouldn't they be able to get a minimum realistic ?

i'll be waiting for fslabs to bring their babies on msfs

Robert Sutherland
51 minutes ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

they have patnership with Airbus, shouldn't they be able to get a minimum realistic ?

i'll be waiting for fslabs to bring their babies on msfs

The partnership in this sense really only means that they have agreed a license to create a simulator variant that has the likeness of Airbus's planes. It doesn't mean that they have worked closely together to create an accurate rendition of it. 

• Like 1
Camille MOUCHEL
3 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

The partnership in this sense really only means that they have agreed a license to create a simulator variant that has the likeness of Airbus's planes. It doesn't mean that they have worked closely together to create an accurate rendition of it. 

what's the point of doing that ?

Fslabs are not partenered with Airbus, are they ?

Robert Sutherland
Just now, Camille MOUCHEL said:

what's the point of doing that ?

Fslabs are not partenered with Airbus, are they ?

FSLabs have a license to create sim variants of the Airbus A319/A320/A321 and SL variants. 

It means that they agree to use the likeness for purposes outlined in the license. It's basically to ensure that their representation of the plane is done in a way that doesn't harm Airbus's intellectual property or their reputation.

Sabine Meier
Just now, Robert Sutherland said:

FSLabs have a license to create sim variants of the Airbus A319/A320/A321 and SL variants. 

It means that they agree to use the likeness for purposes outlined in the license. It's basically to ensure that their representation of the plane is done in a way that doesn't harm Airbus's intellectual property or their reputation.

Another form of a license is to use the manufacturer fonts and logo. This is pretty common.

Camille MOUCHEL
1 minute ago, Robert Sutherland said:

off topic:

are you in France ? ( notice the louvre in your thumbnail)

Robert Sutherland
Just now, Camille MOUCHEL said:

off topic:

are you in France ? ( notice the louvre in your thumbnail)

No, London :)  But Paris is a favourite city of mine and it's where I asked my wife to marry me, so it's a place I love. 

Camille MOUCHEL
Just now, Robert Sutherland said:

No, London :)  But Paris is a favourite city of mine and it's where I asked my wife to marry me, so it's a place I love. 

i see :)

• 1 month later...
Camille MOUCHEL

textures looks good except for the PFD/ND/ECAMs, look like everything except an A320, that's weird...

J0hannes Butz

Remember the quality of stock aircraft we had with FSX? I guess the stock aircraft will not be much better than those of FSX, just with modern game-engine standards...

But what would you expect for a sim + aircraft package at below 70$? Even compared stock P3D for 200$ (if you're EULA-friendly) that's a great deal considering everything included

Camille MOUCHEL
5 minutes ago, Miguel Leandro said:

Yeah, it's pretty but it sucks... 

not all are pretty, the LCD screens are horrendous I must say

Camille MOUCHEL
2 minutes ago, J0hannes Butz said:

Remember the quality of stock aircraft we had with FSX? I guess the stock aircraft will not be much better than those of FSX, just with modern game-engine standards...

But what would you expect for a sim + aircraft package at below 70$? Even compared stock P3D for 200$ (if you're EULA-friendly) that's a great deal considering everything included

I know but why makes photo realistic textures for the exterior and the interioor but have terrible LCD screen texture, the shape and colors doesn't even look like an Airbus 320, even the Wil**on fs2004 looks better

• Like 1

So many hyper-critical experts commenting on MSFS (not MSFS2020, note). Not that this post will bother anybody, but I'm laying off forums for a while; too depressing. I'm looking forward very much to the 18th. I'm not obsessed with airliners and see many opportunities to fly VFR, which is really my favourite form of flying. The default airliners and GA  aeroplanes look pretty good, and in many cases better than some payware. I'm very optimistic about the future.

Nuno M Pinto

If VFR is your aim, MSFS won't disappoint. Maybe the default aircraft will, but that's another story and they're still much higher level than previous defaults for any simulator.

I'll just sit and watch as it unfolds, mostly like i did with X-Plane (still sitting and waiting for that one...).

Riccardo Masia

I think the major deal is that sim developers don't focus too much on aircraft as that would devalue add-on developers. MSFS should just give the basic foundations on which other developers can build upon. This way, a user can tweak the simulator to its wishes with all the add-ons that it wants. Else, users are forced to pay an extra fee for an aircraft they don't necessarily want.